The online racing simulator
LFS Community Awards 2008
(53 posts, started )
Hello LFS community members!

Just like last year, this year I'm organizing a year-end awards ceremony for the LFS Community. Nominations have just opened in 43 categories, covering driving, creative, forum participation, and LFS content.

You can view these categories here and send in your nominations as described in the thread.

Thanks!
Nice, GO GO GO LFS Community!
No best CTRA driver award?

Damn.

Best animal based driver award?

Guess not.

Best driver with a crappy wheel award?

I really should of got those suggestions in earlier

Good luck everyone!
Quote from The Moose :

As if you'd even have a chance, ya big fat moose!
Quote from The Moose :

Quote from [DUcK] :As if you'd even have a chance, ya big fat moose!

Sod the moose and ducks....Stag's all the way
to the bottom of the field
Quote from [DUcK] :As if you'd even have a chance, ya big fat moose!

Damn, i forgot about the mighty Duck

How about best four legged animal with antlers based driver? :P
Wow, there's 43 categories now? That's a lot of work. Nice one. Good luck to everyone
#8 - Bean0
Quote from The Moose :
How about best four legged animal with antlers based driver? :P

I would have voted for you anyway, hunny.
#10 - 5haz
Quote from The Moose :

Best driver with a crappy wheel award?

I'll take that one thanks.

First person to survive a permanent ban?

Good luck!
Quote from Bean0 :They had their own awards last year.

Yeah, I know. I was only kidding.
Probably not the best use of the smilie ever.

Quote from [DUcK] :I would have voted for you anyway, hunny.

Thanks sweetie You would get my full support in the Best Webbed Feet driver category

Quote from 5haz :I'll take that one thanks.

Pics and sound recording or i don't believe it
#12 - 5haz
Quote from The Moose :
Pics and sound recording or i don't believe it

Just Imagine someone cutting up some furniture with a tenon saw crossed with a worn out VW Golf TDi, thats close enough.

And it's actually 2 wheels, one broken weheel with working pedals, and the other broken pedals with working wheel.
I think it might be cool to do a driver of the year, from every country...
Quote from BigTime :I think it might be cool to do a driver of the year, from every country...

+1
If I may be so bold as to offer my :twocents:, I don't think all this 'best driver' award stuff should be classed as an 'Award'. Most improved - Yes.

Best driver, to me, simply implies someone either has more money for better equipment (Hey, the best drivers don't use mouses on P3 based systems now, do they?), or far more time to practise.

But either way, best of luck to all the nominees' in their respective categories.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If I may be so bold as to offer my :twocents:, I don't think all this 'best driver' award stuff should be classed as an 'Award'. Most improved - Yes.

Best driver, to me, simply implies someone either has more money for better equipment (Hey, the best drivers don't use mouses on P3 based systems now, do they?), or far more time to practise.

But either way, best of luck to all the nominees' in their respective categories.

You could say the same about F1 drivers though, the guys in the better cars have a better shot to win. Doesn't mean they aren't going to crown a champion at the end of the year though.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If I may be so bold as to offer my :twocents:, I don't think all this 'best driver' award stuff should be classed as an 'Award'. Most improved - Yes.

I don't think a driver's speed is a direct function of the amount of money he spends on his kit - otherwise everyone with a G25 would be WR holders.

If a driver chooses to put more effort in then good luck to him. Being a top driver is not just about going fast - determination, eye for detail, race craft, calmness are all required ingredients too.
#18 - AMB

I usto play nearly everyday for ages and with good equipment (G25) and Bawbag uses same I think and i'm no where near him, so I guess it's down to talent not always equipment, and Palluka and Shadowcheese are fast mouse drivers, although Shadow uses a wheel now.

Yeah, this is silly.

Equipment makes a difference, but you need talent and hard work as well to be quick.
Quote from UncleBenny :You could say the same about F1 drivers though, the guys in the better cars have a better shot to win. Doesn't mean they aren't going to crown a champion at the end of the year though.

how often has the f1 drivers championship been decided by public vote?
It's not a perfect award, and you should all know that, it's completely subjective. It's only an expression of the opinion shared by the majority of the people voting and nominating. In reality you can't ever say who is the best, they would have to take part in an event to decide that, and then pure luck could prevent them from winning. You would have to assume the best drivers in the game actually took part in that event too.

The fact is the winner will not be someone who wins a lot of races on public servers, or sets the most fastest laps. The winner will be someone who holds a lot of WR's or has won popular racing leagues that have good coverage. A few people might get onto the list if they race a lot in popular servers, but they won't win the vote because only people that race in those servers might know them. None of that really matters, just so long as we understand it's an expression of peoples opinion, not a fact.

If Lewis Hamilton wins Sports Personality of the year it doesn't mean he has a better personality than any other sports person, just that the most people saw him win and liked him.

I just feel that it promotes a competitive (which also brings agressive) comparison and competition between the top flight of drivers. Some of whom, (but by no means all) are people with a lamp-post stuck so far up their ass, they think the sun shines out of their nostrils.

"omg do u no who i am?"
"No, who are you?"
"i am lfs forum best driver now gtfo n let me past"

That's just an example, and hopefully you can all understand why I said that, but thanks for not mauling me.
You fail S14.
Only the best drivers will be nominated, therefore only the best drivers can win it. Most of the top class drivers have respect for each other, and don't go around doing stupid stuff like that.
Btw, none of the top drivers type like that either.. If they wanna get passed that bad, they do it themselves
There's already aggressive competition between the top drivers. This won't make shite all difference.. It's just a nice thing I guess, to know that you're being acknowledged by the community.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I just feel that it promotes a competitive (which also brings agressive) comparison and competition between the top flight of drivers.

I think you'll find those drivers are pretty competitive to begin with. I doubt this will make any difference at all.

Think more, type less.
Quote from [DUcK] :You fail S14.
Only the best drivers will be nominated, therefore only the best drivers can win it. Most of the top class drivers have respect for each other, and don't go around doing stupid stuff like that.
Btw, none of the top drivers type like that either.. If they wanna get passed that bad, they do it themselves
There's already aggressive competition between the top drivers. This won't make shite all difference.. It's just a nice thing I guess, to know that you're being acknowledged by the community.

Go away Scott, you're never going to win anyway.<3

Kev, perhaps touché is all I can say to that. I may not be right, but I think it's a valid point, promoting over competitiveness. Race to win the race, not some shitty award.

(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG