The online racing simulator
when we can use VW's car?
(70 posts, started )
Quote from teedot :...... it will never be released. (at the rate development is progressing)

:munching_

Since I'm on a mission to start a rumour, I heard it's being replaced with the Porsche Carrera GT, and that's the reason for the delay.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Since I'm on a mission to start a rumour, I heard it's being replaced with the Porsche Carrera GT, and that's the reason for the delay.

Quote from atc Quicksilver :since I'm On A Mission To Start A Rumour, I Heard It's Being Replaced With The Porsche Carrera Gt, And That's The Reason For The Delay. :d

Lol
Someone going to get real upset if they start beliving such lol
buy one
Quote from mheee :the one which i can't call it's name,but i like it
it's a nice hatchback car
i want used as soon as possible in the last verison of S2!

I think a 2L 200HP is 22,300 Euro (23,880 for auto) ;-)
Buy one and don't bother the LFS team
Quote from bbman :They got their promotion: they ran a contest at a three-day expo with over 200.000 visitors... Isn't that enough?

200k visitors to a games convention in Germany, or an almost limitless number of people all over the world who'd be able to drive it in their own homes... which would be a better target market?

Then there's the idea of using LFS in VW dealerships to give people a little test drive before they actually drive it... (or to entertain people, GT4 in dealerships is so passé!)

I'd have really thought VAG would be pushing for it's release into the open. Not that I'm majorly bothered, I'm too much of an XFG man to be crossing days off a calender waiting for the 'Rocco
A little update on the whole situation:

I have recently had a brief private conversation with Scawen and he told me the approximate date of the release of Scirrocco. Well I'm off to play Duke Nukem Forever until that day comes.

Just kidding, hate me now
#58 - wild
Guess What?

It's out when it's out and you can't do anything about it until then. Well besides whine. I think the Dev's should just surprise you with all the new cars from now on saving these type of threads.
Quote from breadfan :a Little Update On The Whole Situation:

I Have Recently Had A Brief Private Conversation With Scawen And He Told Me The Approximate Date Of The Release Of Scirrocco. Well I'm Off To Play Duke Nukem Forever Until That Day Comes.

Just Kidding, Hate Me Now

*hates*
Quote from Syfoon :200k visitors to a games convention in Germany, or an almost limitless number of people all over the world who'd be able to drive it in their own homes... which would be a better target market?

Well, the latter has a very big IF attached to it, while the former doesn't. Everybody with online access could buy LfS (unless the scirocco would be demo content), but, as it is now, only a very tiny group of people actually knows about it and will download it in reality.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Well, the latter has a very big IF attached to it, while the former doesn't. Everybody with online access could buy LfS (unless the scirocco would be demo content), but, as it is now, only a very tiny group of people actually knows about it and will download it in reality.

The former isn't a consistent form of advertising though. When LFS gets the 'Rocco, it'll be there for people to test and drive about until the devs or VW decide to remove it, which will be a considerable longer period of time then a games convention lasting a few days.

bbman stating that VW got their fill of promotion from a 3 day competition at a German games convention is short sighted. VW have obviously seen a good way to push their new product in a very consistant way (LFS ain't going nowhere, and certainly lasts more then 3 days) that doesn't just cover one city in one country. LFS serves VW as a form of international advertising for the 'rocco, Leipzig games convention didn't.
Quote from Syfoon :200k visitors to a games convention in Germany, or an almost limitless number of people all over the world who'd be able to drive it in their own homes... which would be a better target market?

They'd have to promote LfS, another commercial product not under their control, with little gain (remember how you had to explain to your family and friends how a game can be a serious training tool?)... Instead, there's the option to just put adverts on the telly and in mags, without having to link to LfS and explain what it is...

Quote from Syfoon :Then there's the idea of using LFS in VW dealerships to give people a little test drive before they actually drive it... (or to entertain people, GT4 in dealerships is so passé!)

I don't know about the UK, but I never have seen a console or anything of sort in any dealership... 1. Buying the infrastructure for it is costly, 2. the reasons above...

Return on invest is the key... On an expo dedicated to games it makes sense to package one's product in a game, even if it has nothing to do with it... For the rest of the world, you'll rely to traditional, proven means that your target audience knows and understands...

Of course, we all can only speculate what the reasons are that we "should just forget it in the meantime", but this is one thing everyone seems to be overlooking, hence me pointing it out...
The only reason a console would be in a dealership is to keep the kids busy while Mummy and Daddy buy a new car, or for the staff to goof off.
"it is widely reputed that Volkswagen poached from Ford the engineering team who designed the multi-link control blade independent rear suspension system, widely the class benchmark for ride and handling."

^ Golf Mk V
v Scirocco rear suspensions:

As you guys know, scirocco is being made in Portugal, and I had access to the following information regarding this conjecture :

glad I could help
#68 - aoun
IMO, i think the VW is finished, or close to it. Why they haven't released it i reckon is because of the LFS physics. I think the devs want/need to fix the damage physics and few other parts before releasing it, so the VW can properly be "advertised" if that makes sense.

I remember when GT3 was released they interviewed the owner of the series and he said he wanted damage in GT3 but back then, not all the car companies were happy with their cars being damaged and driven, which could be bad way to advertise their cars.

Maybe its the same now, VW could have said to LFS, fix a few things and you have the license to release it, we aren't happy with our VW flipping into the sky from a nudge to a wall.

At the same time, maybe not. Maybe the VW isn't finished.

My bet, Christmas patch will be an update with the interiors, physics etc.

Next year early/mid '09 they will finish off s2 with the rest of the features that needs to be done, with the VW.
I can see customers now, "Omg, that sirocco just flew to the moon when I drove it into a wall. Not buying one now."

Sirocco is in NFS:UC and you can smash it to pulp. So I think it's more of a "not ready for release because of the car's incompletion" (engine and physics items) thing, rather than not released because the damage physics. Maybe it's just not meant to be released 'till S3. Well just my thoughts.

Quote from teedot :...... it will never be released. (at the rate development is progressing)

:munching_

"Shun the non-believer",
"Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnah"
One of my teachers has bought a Scirocco. It is a nice looking car. + the fact is is topgear car of the year.

when we can use VW's car?
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG