The online racing simulator
Teach a newbie to drift!
(65 posts, started )
ok i will never flame a demo racer for cracking again.........ever
Quote from G!NhO :ok i will never flame a demo racer for cracking again.........ever

You don't know he's cracking. And even if he was there's still no need to flame him. Just report crackers and be done with it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's getting tired of all these people thinking they're so smart trying to set "traps" for demo racers, tricking them into saying certain things. I mean, if you're going to do that, at least be smart about it and do it in a subtle manner. The way most of these idiots are doing it even a bloody 4 year old would see right through it

Not every demo racer is a cracker.
Quote from obsolum :You don't know he's cracking. And even if he was there's still no need to flame him. Just report crackers and be done with it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's getting tired of all these people thinking they're so smart trying to set "traps" for demo racers, tricking them into saying certain things. I mean, if you're going to do that, at least be smart about it and do it in a subtle manner. The way most of these idiots are doing it even a bloody 4 year old would see right through it

Not every demo racer is a cracker.

i havent flamed him, there isnt really proof of him cracking so i wasnt sure

but i already reported him but nothing happened so ill guess its fine...
if this guy is still playing then here's some pointers.

whatever car ur using I sort of drift like this but words are hard as i cant say how much to turn n that. Also. My set that I use is set for more understeer on the xrt.

Depending on the corner of course.

start off at the outside of the corner so you can slide in an keep on the track.

When going fast and going into a sweeping corner then keep the power on turn slightly hard and then let the power off real fast then put power back on and you should be sliding then blip it and countersteer. Amount of blipping you have to do you have to learn or you might be able to just keep it floored.

If your going slower I normall do a small flick and as the car becomes unbalanced and it's not sliding then quickly blip the throttle and steer harder in then countersteer and blip or keep it flat.

Sometimes use the e-break but thats normall only used minorley for saving a bad slide.

I also use the gears a bit too. Especially if you've gone too fast you can often make it look sort of ok by dropping a gear and booting it and also if you loose too much rpm during the turn then you can keep it going by dropping a gear.

The main thing though is practice, practice, practice as even with the keyobard you can keep hitting the throttle on and off and get it to drift. Need to get used to finding balance and when the car slides and knowing before the car is going to slide and what works best with the setup in your car.

eventuall it all becomes automatic just like driving a real car and u'll end up thinking more about how you can keep it sliding rather than how to make it slide.

I personally use a ps2 controller and it does the job.
Stop accusing him! He said XR-GT, In case you haven't figured it out, it's the XRG...
Quote from Racerjon :e-brake, turn, gas

get a wheel and a s2 license

bad advice. only use handbrake the adjust mid slide, only use it to initiate drift when ur learning, but try to shift to other techniques as soon as possible.
Quote from G!NhO :ok i will never flame a demo racer for cracking again.........ever

I take your word
alright for you to drift you have to go fast without braking go to one side for a sec then to the opposite side until car starts turning a lot then quickly turn other way and not hold but balance ur steering wheel to the the side your holding and while drifting try to hold e-brake
Quote from diego14br :(...) and while drifting try to hold e-brake

Now, I am by no meanS an expert in drifting, but that part just doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Holding the e-brake will just lock up the rears
Quote from obsolum :Now, I am by no meanS an expert in drifting, but that part just doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Holding the e-brake will just lock up the rears

I hold the e-brake while drifting sometimes its because if you have a bad slide and your probably gonna drift out of the corner to the grass to avoid it hold the e-brake while sliding to hold your angle but if you do it too much you will lose too much speed.
Nice bump. And I think if anybody is going to leave comments, they will at their own pace. No need to bring up older threads. And your thread isn't even that old. Give it time, not around an hour. You left it 10 minutes. Wait overnight and you might get some replies.

Teach a newbie to drift!
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG