The online racing simulator
Teach a newbie to drift!
(65 posts, started )
Teach a newbie to drift!
hi everyone!

Since I find LFS the most realistic racing simulator, that allows you to drift nicely (if you know how to do it) i really want to to know how to make my tries much better than i do now.

Im using XR GT car wich i found pretty good, im on the demo atm (when i know how to drift ill buy it :P!)

The method im using atm is the "pendulum method" wich means u steer to opposite direction of the turn and then steer back, and u got a nice slide, unfortunately, i only slide for a sec and then slide over, also. i have no idea when to use the e-brake and when to throttle. I watched some RL drift guides but it doesnt really work that way compared to the game!

So please you drifters out there help me out!
#2 - G!NhO
Quote from G!NhO :this is the lfs drift bible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMz6zPavWEU

btw do you use a wheel, a mouse or a keyboard?

a wheel is the easiest and you also need a good setup for the car

im using the keyboard only actually, and not aiming for a wheel now atm :P

But is it easier with a mouse or a keyboard?

can you just write a easy and fast setup , dont send me a file it doesnt seem to work for me to take other setups
#4 - G!NhO
well drifting with a keyboard is very hard and boring
use keyboard stabelised and put all the sliders to the right that might make it easier...

but if you really wanna drift then you should buy a wheel
I think Riders Motion used a keyboard for all his/her drifting?

I think he/she still frequents the boards..

OP - Might be worthwhile checking the Setups forum for some Keyboard drift setups as well. Get you on the right track! Have fun!
I use a joystick but it does the job fine.
help pls!
#8 - G!NhO
Quote from G!NhO :we are helping

post a replay of your drifting

actually,i started to use the mouse know instead of the keyboard when i steer, seems a little easier this way and i have to practice lil more until i post replay lol
e-brake, turn, gas

get a wheel and a s2 license
what you have fake?

S2 license? do you like to drift the rb4?
Quote from G!NhO :what you have fake?

S2 license? do you like to drift the rb4?

no i susually go with the XR GT , btw im going back to keyboard now since mouse sucks hard, added lil bit of steering speed,
What LFS patch are you playing on?
I think its hard to teach you about drifting with words.....think you just have to drive and drive and feel it
Quote from Racerjon :I think its hard to teach you about drifting with words.....think you just have to drive and drive and feel it

well my main problem is that when i drift at one side and then wanna go over to the other, it always just oversteers and starts to spin the car
you need a good set (find one here), and you wouldent have that problem whit a drift-set and a wheel.

But is it also oversteer with mouse?
Quote from G!NhO :first upgrade to patch Z and then try it because XR cars changed abit

Heh. A _bit_ only
Quote from Racerjon :you need a good set (find one here), and you wouldent have that problem whit a drift-set and a wheel.

But is it also oversteer with mouse?

could you pls link it, couse i cant find one and how do i add the setup into the game
Quote from G!NhO :first upgrade to patch Z and then try it because XR cars changed abit

Heh, he plays on patch Y with XRT and he's a Demo racer, nice
Quote from Flame CZE :Heh, he plays on patch Y with XRT and he's a Demo racer, nice

XR GT is the XRG

krilleboi......ever drifted with the FZ5?
Quote from G!NhO :XR GT is the XRG

krilleboi......ever drifted with the FZ5?

Oh, shame on me I failed, sorry...

Teach a newbie to drift!
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG