The online racing simulator
Damn teh Drift! (Not a rant, suprisingly :D)
Ok so, recently I've been drifting for fun.

Normally in the XRT round Kyoto GP Long reversed (as per normal).

I've found that (with my incredibily hot tyres (all red), I could pound on round for 3 or 4 laps, normally only stopping because I ran out of fuel (10% xD)

Today, I went on, only to find that my tyres were popping (going black), often before I've even finished one lap.

My technique is exactly the same, as is my setup. Nothing's changed (on my side, at least), with only possible changes being wind and track condition "sunny/cloudy/evening" crap.

Does the sunny/cloudy/evening affect the track temperature/tyre popping effect? I find it rather strange that overnight, it seems, my tyres are exploding before a lap is over, when before they would last for ages.
dont do burnouts before you start drifting

i warm my tires up while drifting
My tires never pop no matter how hot they get. I can sit and do burnouts for 5 minutes before they go. It's odd that they are popping less then a lap in. Maybe you should try different tires. My set never pops but it only lasts for 1-2 laps before they are so bald you cant even go strait anymore.
Thats the same deal with me,
i'm suprised your having issues.

It can have a huge effect on how long the tyres last to choose higher gears as the tyres will be spinning much faster, if this is the case that you are using different gears think about this.

At 'rev' limiter in 2nd you might get say 80-100km but say if you did the drift in 3rd gear you could technically be doing 140-150 which would effect your tyres.

Otherwise wind COULD influence you, more wind resistance if you are going into the wind.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :My tires never pop no matter how hot they get. I can sit and do burnouts for 5 minutes before they go. It's odd that they are popping less then a lap in. Maybe you should try different tires. My set never pops but it only lasts for 1-2 laps before they are so bald you cant even go strait anymore.

Yeh that's how I like em

@poleposition

As I said, I'm doing the same as I was before.

@asbjoern

I always get them to around 80degrees, so they're red on the surface and a nice solid green on the tyre itself, always done it, never had problems.
I dont know how you can drive it like that. I touch the throttle even the slightest bit and the car is doing donuts. Its like driving a suped up BF1 without traction control.
Sure you haven't accidentally turned Tweak on?

Other than that, you must be doing something different...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG