The online racing simulator
Quote from duke_toaster :Bit of a mistake to teach them cricket, though. I guess it does provide us with someone who can beat the Convicts

youre playing a watered down version of the real thing anyway
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trobriand_cricket

Quote from gezmoor :Good point. Modern anthropology doesn't even support the concept of race, except for the singular HUMAN Race.

thats a species

Quote :Race is a human socio-political construct and has no basis in genetic or biological science.

which just isnt true... particularly when you look at things like diseases
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sickle-cell_disease#Genetics
Quote from Becky Rose :I have found some statistics, but they fall a long way short of andybarsblade's claim.

London, as Britains most ethnically diverse region, has about 40% population who dont identify as White British.

In the London boro's there are 5,103,203 white British people, this is not specifically schools this is total population. The largest minority is Indian (a former colonial state and one with whome we retain close links too much like Canada and Astralia - so you could consider them "friendly non-nationals") 436,993. The next largest minority is Black Africans at 378,933 - mostly from commonwealth nations, followed by Black Caribbean at 343,567. Figures from the National Statistics offices.

By religion it's even less of a "worry" for the xenophobes with 4.1m Christian and 1.1m non-religious persons, and 0.6m who preffered not to say, with the rest spread thingly amongst the other religions.

Whereas in London 71.1% of the population is white British/Irish, outside of London the figure is 90.9% (with 1.27% Irish and 2.66% other).

Although 12% of London's population is Asian, the figure is just 4.57% nationaly. Likewise the 10.9% black population of London is just 2.3% nationally.

We're so under siege aren't we!

EDIT: I would like to state for the record that whilst I am mocking the 'under siege' stance and continued spouting of BNP and fascist xenophobic rhetoric, I am not under any circumstances implying that if the figures where higher that I would be in any way bothered. We're people, we're lower and middle class, let those who seek to keep their stranglehold on power worry about what flag you are born under.

Wow thats very strange because the mayor of London says there are 400,000 illegals in london alone so your "stats" dont add up http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7743081.stm
I guess that [i]illegal[/] immigrants wouldn't show up in an official census, would they?

IMHO this thread is very typical for xenophobe discussion behavior. Sprouting out "facts" that don't hold up to official numbers, in addition with not listing any sources.

Somehow I think the big white man (or at least, a certain part of that population) has a fear that all those people he oppressed might actually gain the same rights and benefits they enjoy.

Now don't get me wrong, I am a flaming enemy of the so called political correctness, but racism, especially in countries that I'd like to regard as part of the so called civilized world, really makes me sick.

Honestly, what do you fear? That the immigrants steal a minimum wages job you wouldn't want to have anyway? Just because people are different doesn't make them evil.

On a quite interesting sidenote, me being Austrian and all, I guess I wouldn't cause much protest from those BNP guys if I moved to england. If, however, I'd had been born 40 miles to the south, 50 miles to the east, or 120 miles to the north of here, suddenly I would've been someone who comes to England to take something from the English people.

Honestly, people who think that immigrants want to exploit the welfare and/or become criminals couldn't be further from the truth. While there is certainly a percentage that really wants to to the former, most are forced into being a low life because of various reasons, the lack of help to integrate is one of them.
Quote from ColeusRattus :

IMHO this thread is very typical for xenophobe discussion behavior. Sprouting out "facts" that don't hold up to official numbers, in addition with not listing any sources.

Guinness told me that 78.3% of all stats are made up on the spot.....at least thats what I remember.
Quote from andybarsblade :Id say what started it was a city of people being invaded without having a say in it.

... and suddenly the UK isn't a democracy anymore, and an entire city agrees with you.
Quote from gezmoor :I have personally seen school playgrounds with hardly any white faces in some areas, so it's clear where the concept of "being flooded" originates.

That's more likely the result of whites moving away ("white flight"), rather than non-whites moving in to form a majority. We've seen that in the Netherlands, too. When the proportion of foreign kids reaches a certain level, many indigenous parents send their kids to "white" schools, because they fear the quality of education will deteriorate -- a fear that often isn't supported by fact.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Honestly, what do you fear? That the immigrants steal a minimum wages job you wouldn't want to have anyway?

"Them foreigners steal our jobs. And they sit on their lazy bums and collect welfare."
Blair's immigration policy failed miserably, there's no doubt about that. They screwed it up. It's not as bad as the BNP would have you believe but it is and will continue to be a problem.

However, it's not so bad that people should be throwing weight behind any extremist party. The Tory's have occasionally touted sensible policies that could have worked, but we'll never know now.

I have no problem with immigrants. We can learn a lot from other cultures. I lived in a street with a lot of muslim families and they were brilliant neighbours. Give me them over English middle-class chavvy knob heads any day.

However, Britain's infrastructure wasn't designed to cope with this sudden spike in population, so it has to be controlled for that reason alone.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Somehow I think the big white man (or at least, a certain part of that population)

A tiny fraction and getting smaller. Racism in the UK was much more prevalent when I was a little kid (early '80s) but now it's really only the older generation that are still scared of people who look different.

Quote from ColeusRattus :On a quite interesting sidenote, me being Austrian and all, I guess I wouldn't cause much protest from those BNP guys if I moved to england.

I had an Austrian neighbour when I was growing up, she came to the UK just before the war started. Lovely woman, always remembered the birthdays of all the kids on the street, everybody liked her.

Apart from the BNP maybe - she was Jewish.
Quote from thisnameistaken :A tiny fraction and getting smaller. Racism in the UK was much more prevalent when I was a little kid (early '80s) but now it's really only the older generation that are still scared of people who look different.

If you label everyone who supports the BNP a racist then its getting bigger not smaller.
Quote from andybarsblade :If you label everyone who supports the BNP a racist then its getting bigger not smaller.

Oh no there are lots of racists who aren't members of the BNP, as evidenced by the fact that everybody looked at the list to see if someone they knew was on it, and they weren't. And you're not on it, or Bladerunner, so that makes two more.

But it's still a small amount of people compared to the number of us who are rational thinkers.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh no there are lots of racists who aren't members of the BNP, as evidenced by the fact that everybody looked at the list to see if someone they knew was on it, and they weren't. And you're not on it, or Bladerunner, so that makes two more.

Do you really believe this country or any other european country is better for mass immigration from countrys outside the EU?
I wouldn't get personal andy, if I were you. Take a moment to edit your post.
Quote from SamH :I wouldn't get personal andy, if I were you. Take a moment to edit your post.

10-4 I just dont like being called a racist because i dont want my home turned into a islamic hell hole.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh no there are lots of racists who aren't members of the BNP, as evidenced by the fact that everybody looked at the list to see if someone they knew was on it, and they weren't. And you're not on it, or Bladerunner, so that makes two more.

But it's still a small amount of people compared to the number of us who are rational thinkers.

er...have to jump into an argument here Kev...by reading what you HAVEN'T written there, you infer by association that both Andy and myself are racists.
I cannot speak for Andy, but I can categorically state that I am NOT what you would call racist. I AM a Nationalist and a patriot, but I can get 99% of my non-white colleagues and FRIENDS to testify (under oath if necessary!) that they do not believe me to be a racist.

Supporting some of the BNP's policies does not mean that I am going to go out with a white pointy hood on with a burning cross in my hand.. but I DO get angry when this country's infrastructure is undermined by a useless left(?) wing bunch of idiots and hypocrites that could not be trusted to organise the proverbial p*ss-up in a brewery.

If Screaming Lord Sutch and The Raving Monster Loony Party advocated getting better living standards for those that were born here in favour of those that came here with the sole intention of sponging off the state, then I would support them as well. This would not make me a lunatic.

By the way..did you watch the news this evening...Nice Uncle Gordon has given us all a nice Christmas (Sorry- Winter Festival) prezzie...he has pushed the country to record levels of debt and wants to borrow more!

Any idiot will tell you that it is impossible to "borrow" your way out of debt...the bankruptcy courts are inundated with people who believed that!
Quote from Bladerunner :er...have to jump into an argument here Kev...by reading what you HAVEN'T written there, you infer by association that both Andy and myself are racists.
I cannot speak for Andy, but I can categorically state that I am NOT what you would call racist. I AM a Nationalist and a patriot, but I can get 99% of my non-white colleagues and FRIENDS to testify (under oath if necessary!) that they do not believe me to be a racist.

Supporting some of the BNP's policies does not mean that I am going to go out with a white pointy hood on with a burning cross in my hand.. but I DO get angry when this country's infrastructure is undermined by a useless left(?) wing bunch of idiots and hypocrites that could not be trusted to organise the proverbial p*ss-up in a brewery.

If Screaming Lord Sutch and The Raving Monster Loony Party advocated getting better living standards for those that were born here in favour of those that came here with the sole intention of sponging off the state, then I would support them as well. This would not make me a lunatic.

By the way..did you watch the news this evening...Nice Uncle Gordon has given us all a nice Christmas (Sorry- Winter Festival) prezzie...he has pushed the country to record levels of debt and wants to borrow more!

Any idiot will tell you that it is impossible to "borrow" your way out of debt...the bankruptcy courts are inundated with people who believed that!

Big +1 from me
And me!
To many Rimmers in the world today.
Attached images
Give quiche a chance.jpg
Quote from andybarsblade :I just dont like being called a racist because i dont want my home turned into a islamic hell hole.

Um, you were being ironic there, weren't you?

If not, would you mind being called xenophobic?
Quote from Bladerunner :Any idiot will tell you that it is impossible to "borrow" your way out of debt.

So that means that Gordon Brown isn't an idiot.
I do think it's fair to say that any supporter of the BNP is a Nazi supporter since the BNP is in all but present name Britain's equivalent of the Nazi party. You can even trace its lineage directly back to Oswald Mosely. In fact, one or two people I have had the misfortune to know personally have been proud of this fact and would as happily march under a swastika as a union flag.

If you're not a supporter of the BNP, then nobody can accuse you of being a Nazi. If you support BNP policies, and are willing to take a bite of reality, you have to accept that by inference you support Nazi policies. Such policies as forced/voluntary repatriation based on ethnic origin are irrefutibly equal to 1930s Nazi policies. Argue all you want, but it's well documented in the annals of history. Members of Hitler's party are recorded as "Nazis" and supporters of their policies are recorded in history as "Nazi sympathisers" and as "racists". That's just how it is. You can't cherry pick how the world views you. You can only influence it by your own word and deed. And you certainly have been doing that.
Quote from SamH :I you have to accept that by inference you support Nazi policies. Such policies as forced/voluntary repatriation based on ethnic origin are irrefutibly equal to 1930s Nazi policies.

Show me where they say they will "force" anyone out apart from illegals/serious criminal immirgrants?
Quote from andybarsblade :10-4 I just dont like being called a racist because i dont want my home turned into a islamic hell hole.

I'm not racist but them dirty muslims can **** off back home?

Quote from Bladerunner :I can categorically state that I am NOT what you would call racist. I AM a Nationalist and a patriot,

All I've seen you do is moan about how non-whites get away with blue murder at your work, or how non-whites are the sole cause of all crime, or how immigrants are sponging off you personally or whatever the hell it is that's got up your arse.

I'm not sure how you define the British nationality. Which particular era of "British" mongrel do you feel you associate most closely with? The Romans, the French, the Norwegians maybe, or are you a true-blooded Brit (according to some research I read ages ago) from the Basque region of northern Spain?

All the flag waving and chest puffing and talk of national "identity" is nonsense. You'd proudly wave a flag with Mickey Mouse on it if enough other people were doing it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Brit (according to some research I read ages ago) from the Basque region of northern Spain?

So that's why everyone goes to live in Spain! I knew there had to be a reason for it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :
All I've seen you do is moan about how non-whites get away with blue murder at your work, or how non-whites are the sole cause of all crime, or how immigrants are sponging off you personally or whatever the hell it is that's got up your arse.

I'm not sure how you define the British nationality. Which particular era of "British" mongrel do you feel you associate most closely with? The Romans, the French, the Norwegians maybe, or are you a true-blooded Brit (according to some research I read ages ago) from the Basque region of northern Spain?

All the flag waving and chest puffing and talk of national "identity" is nonsense. You'd proudly wave a flag with Mickey Mouse on it if enough other people were doing it.

Quote from thisnameistaken :
Interests
Reading threads I don't understand and adding cheap one-liners to them.

Occupation
Finding stupid threads and hijacking them as part of a two-man team.

(That is from your profile..in case you had forgotten )
Obvious it is a waste of effort trying to argue with somebody that is just out to wind people up for the hell of it.
Quote from andybarsblade :Show me where they say they will "force" anyone out apart from illegals/serious criminal immirgrants?

For the love of the wee man....think, use that little bit of common sence that you were born with.

How else do you think the BNP will achieve their goals/targets? It's all very well them saying it in 'nicey nice' terms, but you have to take a step back from all the bulls**t that political parties spout and think about the polices and how are they going to be achieved.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm not racist but them dirty muslims can **** off back home?

Again jumping to conclusions. When did i say **** off back home? PEOPLE OF THE WORLD i have no objections to you coming to live and work in great britain or where ever you want to go, But i do object to unfair employment laws. stupid "pc" policing, benefit cheats, Illegal immirgrants and the habouring of known Islamic extremists being given hand out after hand out in this land because its against their human rights to send them home!
And one other thing that makes my blood boil is when workers come over from eastern europe with no intention of learning the language making a honest living or doing anything but sending the money they earn back home and taking jerbs away from british familys
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :For the love of the wee man....think, use that little bit of common sence that you were born with.

How else do you think the BNP will achieve their goals/targets? It's all very well them saying it in 'nicey nice' terms, but you have to take a step back from all the bulls**t that political parties spout and think about the polices and how are they going to be achieved.

The only bulls**t thats being spouted is when people like you jump to conclusions.

BNP membership data leaked - whoops!
(982 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG