The online racing simulator
Why no supercars?
(60 posts, started )
Why no supercars?
Well, one thing LFS dosent have, that we would all love, is supercars. I like lfs just how it is but wouldn't it be so much fun to shoot around the track in an enzo, diablo, XJ220, ZR1 or something of that sort.

Supercars are something that almost every car and driving enthusuist loves, and would love a chance to take it for a spin around the track. So why not put something in like that? Even if it is fictional that would be fine with me.

Make up some kind of 500hp streamlined beast that does 0-60 in 3 seconds and tops out at 200 mph with awesome handling and a roaring V10 engine. What supercars would you like to see in lfs? Does anyone have ideas for a fictional supercar that you would like to share?
I'm sure this has been suggested many times in this thread.
Firstly, wrong section.

Secondly, as zeugnimod has said, it's been suggesteded elsewhere.

Check the suggested improvement log in the improvement suggestions section of the forum. Also, try searching.
Actually I like the cars in the game now. I am not sure if the car you describe would "fit" in the LFS atmosphere IMO.
I think the FZ50 is the closest thing we've got and everybody's too scared to race it. No point having anything faster when everybody's sticking to the shopping trolleys and the beginners single-seaters.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think the FZ50 is the closest thing we've got and everybody's too scared to race it. No point having anything faster when everybody's sticking to the shopping trolleys and the beginners single-seaters.

I think it has smth to do with handling also.
and the fact that you can't see anything but cockpit from the, yes, cockpit view.
#8 - G!NhO
Quote from PLAYLIFE :I think it has smth to do with handling also.

yes its like shit.........it needs more hp, less weight and better tires

the fz5 handles like a dream with R1/2 tires
LFS doesn't need supercars, with the addition of them it'll become too much like every other racing game out there
Quote from mookie427 :LFS doesn't need supercars, with the addition of them it'll become too much like every other racing game out there

I like other racing games too.

I don't see the problem of having more variety of cars and tracks.

It's the only thing I miss, more content.
Quote from G!NhO :yes its like shit.........it needs more hp, less weight and better tires

the fz5 handles like a dream with R1/2 tires

but then you have to work around, "host cars do not match"...
First of all, this is general LFS discussion, this is not a suggestion thread, simply a question. Secondly, after a search I found no other threads specifically about supercars ANYWHERE on the forum. Perhaps some of you should try a search yourself before telling others to.

And yes, most ppl do stick with the slower cars, or easier to handle. I myself love to drive the FZ5 and the Sauber. I dont think more variaty would hurt the game, and ppl may not drive the supercars because they are too complicated but I'm sure there are ppl here who would like to. And LFS will never be like other racing games out there, becuase this is not a game, its a simulator and a damn good one at that. By saying that we shouldnt have these types of cars you are limiting LFS. A simulator can never be the best it can be if it has limits set by ppl who say "We cant have supercars becuase I think they are too hard to drive."
Quote from f4sttr@ck :First of all, this is general LFS discussion, this is not a suggestion thread, simply a question. Secondly, after a search I found no other threads specifically about supercars ANYWHERE on the forum. Perhaps some of you should try a search yourself before telling others to.

I gave you a link to a general car suggestion thread which is where your post should have been in. We don't need a seperate thread for every single car/car class.
you are right zeug. but the op did try searching and he felt no threads fit the one he wanted to create. so he did actually go about it the right way. if the thread goes to shit then it will be closed. but it could turn out to be a good disucssion.
If all supercars are cars, then do all the reasons that apply to cars not being in LFS apply to supercars? /ponder

Personally, I don't mind supercars, real or fictional, provided they don't spread the playerbase too thin
As far as super cars go in LFS, I'd prefer cars that are quick on track, like:
Ferrari F40 and F50
Maserati MC12
Porsche Carerra GT
Corvette ZR-1
SRT-10 ACR Viper
Noble M15
Ferrari F430 and 360
Aston Martin V12 Vantage RS
Mclaren F1
Pagani Zonda
Koenigsegg CCX
Ruf CTR

And über supercars:
Mosler MT900
Ultima GTR
Schuppan 962CR
Orca SC7
Nissan R390
Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR

Personally I'd leave the über super cars out and take Ferrari F40, ACR Viper, Ruf CTR and McLaren F1 into the game. Enough variation with those cars as well . Engines: V8, V10, flat-6 and V12 with and without turbos (viper vs. mclaren and F40 versus ruf ctr)

But I'd leave out cars like Lambos and the bigger ferraris for the simple reason that they are made for comfort rather than raw track performance.
I'd rather see a Vanwall GPR V12. Then we wouldn't need any other cars.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :I think it has smth to do with handling also.

the fz5 handles beautifully... the only problem is that most tracks favour the lx6 (not necessarily in laptimes but in twisty sections before the sf line)
The FZ5, once tamed, handles sublimly, a full field of FZ5's and RAC's provides some of the best, close and competitive racing I have ever experianced in LFS, as proved by the numerous seasons of the Road Sport Cup leagues.
teh rac can be a super car..
Quote from danowat :The FZ5, once tamed, handles sublimly, a full field of FZ5's and RAC's provides some of the best, close and competitive racing I have ever experianced in LFS, as proved by the numerous seasons of the Road Sport Cup leagues.

No offence Dan but can we please lay this concept of a certain car "providing" close racing to rest once and for all now? It's been said about every car in the game and it's always utter bollocks.

Get enough people together who can drive a given car to a similar standard and you'll have a close race. The cars are identical, therefore the cars are irrelevant.
Quote from Hyperactive :As far as super cars go in LFS, I'd prefer cars that are quick on track, like:
Ferrari F40 and F50
Maserati MC12
Porsche Carerra GT
Corvette ZR-1
SRT-10 ACR Viper
Noble M15
Ferrari F430 and 360
Aston Martin V12 Vantage RS
Mclaren F1
Pagani Zonda
Koenigsegg CCX
Ruf CTR

And über supercars:
Mosler MT900
Ultima GTR
Schuppan 962CR
Orca SC7
Nissan R390
Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR

Personally I'd leave the über super cars out and take Ferrari F40, ACR Viper, Ruf CTR and McLaren F1 into the game. Enough variation with those cars as well . Engines: V8, V10, flat-6 and V12 with and without turbos (viper vs. mclaren and F40 versus ruf ctr)

But I'd leave out cars like Lambos and the bigger ferraris for the simple reason that they are made for comfort rather than raw track performance.

Licence issues Sir.
Quote from thisnameistaken :No offence Dan but can we please lay this concept of a certain car "providing" close racing to rest once and for all now? It's been said about every car in the game and it's always utter bollocks.

Get enough people together who can drive a given car to a similar standard and you'll have a close race. The cars are identical, therefore the cars are irrelevant.

In a world without air and aerodynamics, true this may be. However, you can't say that BF1s provide closer racing than, say, the XFG. As you will have heard Martin [Brundle] and James [Allen] say many times in the last 1, 000, 000 years, aerodynamic pieces and the general amount of speed does make it difficult to get near to the back of your rivals due to the high speed. With slower cars you don't get this to such an extent, thus you can drive closer and overtake more. Same applies to speed, the faster cars are the further away they'll get from each other. Then when you apply tyre grip to the equation with cars like the FZ5 and RAC, you get some fast cars with not so much grip and thus close racing with different corners favouring different setups and vehicles.

And that was my patronising post of the day.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :In a world without air and aerodynamics, true this may be.

Like Live for Speed or something like that perhaps?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Like Live for Speed or something like that perhaps?

It's impossible to follow a BF1 in a BF1 close in a fast corner. Simply impossible. You just understeer and end up out of the track. So the BF1 doesn't provide close racing compared to cars like the XFG

Why no supercars?
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG