The online racing simulator
Banned for no reason !!!
(37 posts, started )
Banned for no reason !!!
Me and a friend just joined Cone Dodgers 4 i think and on the server were 2 a**holes drifting around , all of the sudden they votet to ban me and 4 seconds later they banned my buddy also ! I am getting tired of a**holes like these , they should just grow up !! What is it with these people ? Werent they hugged enough when they were little ? Bad childhood maybe ?

Dave and Eddie are the names , i didnt have enough time to check the names , so can someone please unban us from the server ?
Attached images
Ban1.JPG
Ban2.jpg
If only we had a "I got banned what to do?" thread
Don't the ConeDodgers servers have votekick/ban turned off?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :If only we had a "I got banned what to do?" thread

Yeah, I wish then people will stop crying about 1 day bans that were caused by voting by serious noob drivers. WOW life sucks these days.
No they dont have it turned off unfortunately . 1 day bans ? I tought that banning people was forever ?? And i am not crying , and if you think that what they did is good then you are worst than they are !

Edit : @ pearcy , ups i just noticed the thread , i was so pissed off that i dint even realized that there was a thread about this
If I were banned in such a manner I wouldn't care because when it comes down to it would you really want to race against those kinds of people anyway? The ban would be a sign that I shouldn't race them, and I would move on to another server.
wasnt sure if he was being sarcastic and i thought even if he was it might be useful to point the link out, some people don't know how to read
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :If I were banned in such a manner I wouldn't care because when it comes down to it would you really want to race against those kinds of people anyway? The ban would be a sign that I shouldn't race them, and I would move on to another server.

Exactly.

Besides, vote bans are only 24 hours. Don't sweat it.... people get banned for no reason every day.
I had something similar. Also on Conedodger server with AS National. I came on the server and one of the [CD] guys was angry at somebody for pushing him off the track. They settled it with words, after which another [CD] guy said "no ban?" As if he regularly banned people.

Next race i accidentally nudged him just the slightest and he was backwards forwards on the track. Within a few seconds I was banned for a day (no vote).

This happens ALL the time on servers. I've gotten used to it. If one of the "clanned" drivers hit you, you're lucky to get a sorry, but even looking at them can get you banned.

In my opinion this is really hurting the online community and making LFS look bad.

Again, I'm not complaining. It just happens and I've gotten used to it. But it's certainly not fair.
Try dMr
dMr seems to be getting an awful lot of advertising on here lately... And with good cause However, I can imagine that dMr isn't for everyone. It seems to me a lot of people usually stick to one particular car or class, and well... on dMr you only get to drive one different car each week

This week: UF1's on Aston Cadet Reversed! Should be great fun with a large field
Quote from obsolum :dMr seems to be getting an awful lot of advertising on here lately...

Btw, in case I hadn't mentioned, it's $10 per plug
Quote from obsolum :dMr seems to be getting an awful lot of advertising on here lately... And with good cause However, I can imagine that dMr isn't for everyone. It seems to me a lot of people usually stick to one particular car or class, and well... on dMr you only get to drive one different car each week

This week: UF1's on Aston Cadet Reversed! Should be great fun with a large field

But make sure to read the rules and abide by them or you will feel the Ban hammer very swiftly indeed.
They have set rules for a reason....They like their server to run a certain way. So read the rules and abide by them or else.
Be patient and race within your abilities. It is not about going fast at dMR, its about finishing and having fun with your M8's
You make it seem like it's some sort of Nazi regime, Todd I haven't seen that many people banned so far, and only very few kicked. Sure there's rules, but in my opinion they can all be summed up as: use your common sense. This means things like intentional wrecking, driving the wrong way, being offensive to other drivers, unsportsmanlike behaviour etc... are not tolerated. Other than that there aren't really any special rules if I remember correctly. Just hop on and join the fun! No emphasis on pace, like you said. Besides, we have people of all calibers in the dMr ranks, from pretty darn fast to ... well... not very fast But we're all serious about racing; we're not just mucking about. We enjoy fair racing and close battles And forced cockpit view is on
Quote from obsolum :You make it seem like it's some sort of Nazi regime, Todd I haven't seen that many people banned so far, and only very few kicked. Sure there's rules, but in my opinion they can all be summed up as: use your common sense. This means things like intentional wrecking, driving the wrong way, being offensive to other drivers, unsportsmanlike behaviour etc... are not tolerated. Other than that there aren't really any special rules if I remember correctly. Just hop on and join the fun! No emphasis on pace, like you said. Besides, we have people of all calibers in the dMr ranks, from pretty darn fast to ... well... dMrDoorman But we're all serious about racing; we're not just mucking about. We enjoy fair racing and close battles And forced cockpit view is on

I think you just elected yourself Dead Men Racing's PR head honcho!
Quote from Willem Moolenaar :I had something similar. Also on Conedodger server with AS National. I came on the server and one of the [CD] guys was angry at somebody for pushing him off the track. They settled it with words, after which another [CD] guy said "no ban?" As if he regularly banned people.

Next race i accidentally nudged him just the slightest and he was backwards forwards on the track. Within a few seconds I was banned for a day (no vote).

This happens ALL the time on servers. I've gotten used to it. If one of the "clanned" drivers hit you, you're lucky to get a sorry, but even looking at them can get you banned.

In my opinion this is really hurting the online community and making LFS look bad.

Again, I'm not complaining. It just happens and I've gotten used to it. But it's certainly not fair.

the conedodging guys have been doing this alot lately, must be some kind of monthly thing, but hopefully they will soon realise what they are doing to their servers and stop doing it, i too have been banned for tapping someone after a race (and i mean tapping, on the grass secton just after start-finish on as3)

hopefully they will see the light soon
Quote from Doorman :I think you just elected yourself Dead Men Racing's PR head honcho!

Run for the hills Obsolum!! Doors is looking for a replacement.
And your right I should have said "Kick Hammer" not "Ban Hammer".
Quote from Toddshooter :Its the only way to drive!!

Unless you actually have a cockpit, in which case its a waste of pixels... Only way, my fanny.
Quote from zeugnimod ::gnasher:

You are firmly on record as a cockpit hater. No need to post every time the subject comes up.

Banned for no reason !!!
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG