The online racing simulator
11pm?? :jawdrop:
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from danowat :Sounds more like being able to do clutchless changes in "normal" road car gearboxes to me, at least the FF1600/1800 ones do, its all about rev-matching.

Formula Fords do not have road gearboxes, they are either 4 or 5 speed H pattern Hewland LD200s (or Mk 9s). These gearboxes use straight cut racing gears and have the clutch and diff (free diff in 1600 and LSD in 1800) as an integral part of the gearbox to save weight and for compactness.

The clutches can be road based certainly the pre 2000 Formula Ford Zetecs (1800 cc) that run in the 750 MC Formula 4 championship run road clutches and all other cars run full race clutches.

The Formula Renault (F2000) and F3 (F Target) cars will both be running sequential boxes and full race clutches. Hopefully someone will finally simulate race clutches and there will be none of the gradual pulling out the pits currently possible in the FOX/FO8.

Quote :
Sounds like a clutch will be almost a must for the FF1600/1800 unfortunatly.

nK is bound to have an auto-clutch/sequential shifts option, Stefano is not going to cut off that many customers.
#78 - Vain
I was anticipating the "NKpro rocks, LFS sucks! - No both suck! - No NKpro sucks! - No both rock!"-talk.... Well, I can wait for tomorrow and enjoy the "I think that in my opinion and as far as I am concerned it seems to me like..." and "*I GENERALLY HAVE NO IDEA*"-talk.

Vain
why midnight :'( :'( :'( :'(
because they can:zombie:
How long should .net take to install been going for about 5 minutes now.
Quote from ajp71 :How long should .net take to install been going for about 5 minutes now.

i thought it had hung at first but it finished after a little while ...
Shall we re-schedule an LFS server to tomomorrow then?
Midnight?

Freaking midnight?

What a terrible time to release something, damnit, now I'm going to have to sit there all night whilst people are playing and telling everyone how good/bad it is
Quote from felplacerad :i thought it had hung at first but it finished after a little while ...

Bloody hell that post was quick :eclipseeh

and yep I am bored shittless *revising* whilst waiting for nK :juggle:
What time is midnight in Italy, 11pm or 1am?
well no need to re-schedule, let's just extend the event by 24h
Done doesn't even want a restart
Ha! Serves you all right for sinning against our Monosimistic religion!

*Skulks in a corner jealous of people with enough money and time left over to try another sim..*
Quote from felplacerad :well no need to re-schedule, let's just extend the event by 24h

LOL think we might have to wait for some GT cars before the 24 hours of Newbury

Anyone know if nK Pro will have night races in version 1.0 namie had it but would be rather chaotic with the current line up of cars, maybe it's disabled like the rain will be.
Suppose its still less late than Racing Legends
12pm in italy is 11 pm here
April 11th 1AM for me .. well, this sucks to be said very least. :doh:
Quote from Madman_CZ :12pm in italy is 11 pm here

5 hours 24 minutes and 2 seconds to go
Intresting that the Formla Renault and F3 cars both have monoshock suspension has it started to be used again?

IIRC it was introduced in the early '90s by Dallara in F3 due to compactness and weight but then stopped using it in late '90s due to new theories that it was too compromising on suspension for gains, tiny difference either way.
Isn't the forum clock a bit fast? I make it 5.42 (yep I'm bored )
Quote from ajp71 :Isn't the forum clock a bit fast? I make it 5.42 (yep I'm bored )

yes, 2 minutes fastillepall
Quote from ajp71 :nK is bound to have an auto-clutch/sequential shifts option, Stefano is not going to cut off that many customers.

Yup..

Clutch support in nKP is pretty complex. There are 3 basic options:

* "manual" clutch. Using a 3 pedals pedalboard. Here the system will do nothing for you. You can still shift without clutch as long there isn't too much torque on the transmission.

* "button" clutch. With custom "pressing time" and "depressing" time. This will be part of your "car setup". I am still deciding to include different time settings, 2 for each gear (going up or down).

* "autoclutch with clutched shifts". There the system will handle things for you, pretty much what you get in Namie. Times will be set on the setup as well, but, you won't be able to set them as quick as "button" clutch. We do this to give guys that decide to add a complication to the drive a small advantage.

* "autocluch without clutched shifts". Here the autoclutch will handle starting from rest and pressing the clutch to keep the engine on (for example in spins)..but the clutch won't release during shifts, so you'll have to match RPM, lift off gas on upshifts a blip in downshifts.

To complicate the matter even more, the FTarget uses the "cut off" lever. Manual "cut off" button will allow for shorter cutoff times, where automatic cutoff will force longer cutoff times.. again, we do this to promote the use of these features instead of the automatic counterparts.

Clutch and gearbox wear is not taken into account.. it would make no sense to do this.. on a new clutch, on a 20 laps race, you can treat it as bad as you want, it'll keep working.
Later in the development (or in v2.0) we'll introduce the concept of "owning" a car and take care of it... but dont worry, no credits involved in that

Sounds kinda complicated. But great for realism.

I was actually hoping for "only manual clutch" because finally those who have 3rd clutch pedal would get some advance from using it. Altough I don't have a clutch pedal.

But that sounds like it would be a major step foward to fully realistic clutch/gearbox simulation.
6pm here.
Quote from deggis :Yup..

Clutch support in nKP is pretty complex. There are 3 basic options:

Bloody hell sounds like auto clutch for me lol

LFS Community gives nKPro a go?
(777 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG