The online racing simulator
Skins on LFS world
(18 posts, started )
Skins on LFS world
Hi

I have been trying to put a F08 skin on LFSW, but everytime I try to upload it, I get the message "I'm sorry. For some reason I cannot handle your file. Please check it conforms to the skin file requirements".

What is the problem?

Jon
#2 - Gunn
Make sure your file is a JPG file and that it is 1024 x 1024 pixels in size.
Also make sure the name starts with the correct car prefix (XRT_, for example) and that the file name is not too long.
#3 - Bean0
As above, also 400kb filesize limit for LFSW.
Hi

The skin files are dds. files. How do I change them to JPG?

Here is a typical skin for a Spyker skin

C:\Documents and Settings\gtuser\Desktop\JP\LIVE FOR SPEED\data\skins_dds\BF1_20Spyker07.dds

Would I have to change this to be able to upload it?

Jon

P.S I am using Paint.net to make the skin
Try to find that skin in data/dds folder.
That is where I get the default skin from at the start, am I doing it wrong. Should I get the default skin from another folder?

Jon
#9 - Gunn
Quote from ferraif40 :That is where I get the default skin from at the start, am I doing it wrong. Should I get the default skin from another folder?

Jon

It doesn't matter even if you don't start with a default skin. As long as your image fits the requirements (as posted above) it should work just fine. Your skins should be JPG files. If you have created DDS files and want to upload them to LFS World you will need to convert them to JPG or make JPG versions.

Open your DDS file in your graphics software and save or export as a JPG. Make sure the file size is less than 400KB (if too large use some compression). If your DDS files are bigger than 1024 x 1024 pixels they will not be uploaded.

When you're ready put your JPG skins into your LFS/data/skins folder. This is the folder where all of your own skins should live. LFS will make a DDS copy automatically from the JPG, so you don't need to worry about converting them yourself.
sorry, ive been having troubles with my skin i can upload them onto lfsworld and they are saved in lfs, data, skins and they do not appear afterwards in lfs, after i click new colours there is no new colours there ? would someone please be able to help me ???
When you click on New colours and the select menu appears, your skin is not there?
no ?
Is it in the right format (e.g. XRT_name.jpg)?
yes and it uploads alright onto lfsworld i just dont no why it is not there ???
#15 - Gunn
Check to make sure you saved it into LFS itself and not just the CMX viewer.
=]
Use paint =] .. thats were i make all my skins neverhave a problem =]
Quote from Gunn :Check to make sure you saved it into LFS itself and not just the CMX viewer.

yes it is saved in lfs skins folder in data i dont know what else im doing wrong ?
#18 - Gunn
Quote from Niall Murray :yes it is saved in lfs skins folder in data i dont know what else im doing wrong ?

Ok, let's start fresh and do some tests to determine what's going wrong, I'm sure we can get your skin working in LFS for you.

Q: Have you made other skins that do work in LFS?

Q: Can you select other skins when choosing a "new colours"?

Could you send me a link to your skin or attach it here please so that I can look at the file?

Thanks mate. Don't worry we can sort this out.

Skins on LFS world
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG