The online racing simulator
Losing Connection on Track Change
This has started happening to me relatively recently... Every time a race ends on CTRA and it goes into the menu screen whilst the system changes track, I've been losing connection every single time.

It's normally towards the end of the track selection process when people join the grid. Everything stops and a few seconds later I get kicked out, only for me to rejoin and find the race has already begun.

It only seems to happen on CTRA too, no-where else.

Not sure if it's a problem my end as it doesn't seem to be a mass-disconnection as far as I can tell, just me?

Any clues, Sherlock?
Because it's very busy
Happened to me today.

It only happens when I'm at the house with the crappy connection though so might just be your connection. :P
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Because it's very busy

That's for that enlightening response. It happens regardless of how many people are in the server, anyway.
#5 - Bean0
The CTRA servers are pretty unique in the amount of insim/outsim (?) data flying about.
It has come up a few times now that this can cause some people to d/c.
Quote from Minimaxman :That's for that enlightening response. It happens regardless of how many people are in the server, anyway.

Oh, well have you tried on a different server?

Could be a lack of RAM, or a poor internet connection.

Clean your PC out, get rid of all the programs you don't use, clean it out with some PC cleaning software and try again
Quote from Minimaxman :This has started happening to me relatively recently... Every time a race ends on CTRA and it goes into the menu screen whilst the system changes track, I've been losing connection every single time.

It's normally towards the end of the track selection process when people join the grid. Everything stops and a few seconds later I get kicked out, only for me to rejoin and find the race has already begun.

It only seems to happen on CTRA too, no-where else.

Not sure if it's a problem my end as it doesn't seem to be a mass-disconnection as far as I can tell, just me?

Any clues, Sherlock?

This happens to me too. I used to have a slow connection and it happened all the time on lots of servers. Now I have a fast internet conection (Download at 300-500kb/sec) and it only happens sometimes on CTRA.
It really sucks though because you aleays miss the first race
Whats different with CTRA is that it loads the track 2-3 times (circuit config, weather, layout). So whereas other servers do 1 track load, if your connection is sensitive to dropping on a track change then it's more likely to actually do it on CTRA - the problem is LFS' sensitivity to loosing connection during this time, there isn't much CTRA can do about it except not do all 3 changes...

I guess they could experiment with a delay between each load, but the problem then is the race can be restarted by a fast user - and that then de-syncronises everything.
I experience the same thing. It had never happened before until very recently.
It happens to me sometimes but I try and remember to be ready for it, have my mouse ready over the approximate position of "join specific host" (which will remember the last one you were on) on the lobby menu, click and go, I usually get back in before the race starts.
Only way to solve this is to get a better IP, if your gaming on wireless shame on you and run wired =P
it keeps happening to me in UF-BR, worst part is when the majority of the drivers think the track sucks just because they don't have a setup for it and eventually decide to end the race
getting bloody frustrating for me now. would be cool if the track being raced on now could respect its race limit (how many races/time to go until next change) and the drivers wouldn't end the race to force the change (but I see it's impossible).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG