The online racing simulator
My drive on the real RaceAbout
(40 posts, started )
Thanks for the vid, looks a fun car to drive. I would guess the open diff would mean the car would be more oversteery entering the turns and understeery (spinning the inside rear like you mentioned) exiting them.

BTW I don't see how anyone thinks the RAC looks bigger in LFS, it doesn't.
Very nice video You are very lucky guy
Wow that's hella cool!

Great stuff, looks quite fun to drive too....

So how come you got to drive it huh? Next LFS compeition, "Win a drive in the RA"
I don't think he was going full throttle, was he?

I also noticed that when he was doing the slalom, it looks more grippier than in LFS. I think LFS could use a bit more realistic grip from the tires, right?

Nice vid BTW, it's great to see how realistic LFS really is (apart from the grip from the tires).
Nice video, thanks for sharing this. This looked like the 2005 Raceabout, while in LFS we have the 2003 Raceabout, could be a reason why it felt more stable.
Cool car, in RL.

GO GO GO new physic for RAC in LFS!
How much would it cost me to own an RAC? (No breakdown jokes please)
Awesome video, thanks for sharing. It definitely looks grippier, although it's really hard to judge without actually holding the wheel and touching the throttle and brakes for real. I love the sound!

Looks to be the same size as in LFS, no issue there. I bet a few extra inches in wheelbase would do a world of good also.
#34 - Tege
Quote from Gnomie :Nice video! How come you got to drive it?

Quote from Bawbag :So how come you got to drive it huh?

Maybe the first reason would be that I studied in the school where is car is designed and manufactured. Main reason is that part of my thesis is to compare the real car against the LFS version. That's why I arranged the RA to be in LFS.

Quote from Huru-aito :Different gearing, maybe?

Anyways, the gear indicator lags a bit.

Gearing is the same as in LFS already.

Gear indicator is bit funny because it only tries to quess the gear from speed and rpm. Well that's how I think it works.

Quote from Ilpav :I don't think he was going full throttle, was he?

I was going full throttle on track where it's possible but not when doing slalom, of course.

Quote from Venom(UK) :How much would it cost me to own an RAC? (No breakdown jokes please)

Not for sale. There is only one car made. The value isn't even possible to estimate other than it's a lot. It would be possible to make more if someone was intrested but I don't think no one is gonna do that.
Quote from Tege :Maybe the first reason would be that I studied in the school where is car is designed and manufactured. Main reason is that part of my thesis is to compare the real car against the LFS version. That's why I arranged the RA to be in LFS.

Awesome! Then I'd like to thank you for providing me with countless hours of fun, driving the RAC in LFS.
Btw, the 2k5 tech page on raceabout.fi says it's got a torsen diff. How come it had an OD when you drove it?
Quote from Tege :Gearing is the same as in LFS already.

Gear indicator is bit funny because it only tries to quess the gear from speed and rpm. Well that's how I think it works.

I meant that when that someone up there tried the LFS version and it was faster that he would've had different (shorter?) gearing.

One quirk of the gear indicator can be seen when you enter the main straight, you're on 3rd gear but the inside wheel spins -> revs rise -> the computer thinks that you're in 2nd gear! That'd suggest the indicator indeed works through wheel speed average and engine rpm.. But it's still slow
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Btw, the 2k5 tech page on raceabout.fi says it's got a torsen diff. How come it had an OD when you drove it?

Maybe they ran out of money?
#39 - Tege
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Btw, the 2k5 tech page on raceabout.fi says it's got a torsen diff. How come it had an OD when you drove it?

That page has been done two or three years ago when the updated car wasn't finished. The 02 car had a torsen diff but it doesn't work with the new engine and transmission.
Yep, I suspected it was a matter of the page being old, thanks for confirming that. Just figured that if I click the 2k5 link on the front page, I actually get info on the 2k5 car as it is

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG