The online racing simulator
Alonso and Piquet to remain at Renault for 2009
Quote :Renault have announced an unchanged driver line-up for next season with Fernando Alonso signing a two-year extension for 2009 and 2010, and Nelson Piquet confirmed for a further season.

The news brings to an end speculation over the future of both drivers. Alonso had been linked to a possible move to Honda, while many had questioned whether Piquet would be retained after a difficult maiden season with the team.

Full article:
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/11/8652.html

Bloody hell.. can't believe they keep crash pilot Piquet on the team
And too bad Alonso stays at Renault, would have loved to see him in a Ferrari Razz
I expected it from Alsonso. Ferrari already conrifmed their drivers, and an other team wasn't really an option. Especially now Renault improved a lot in the last races, and was very competetive with most teams. (After mclaren, Ferrari)

But Piquet... Imo, he's just to slow, compare qualify times with Alsonso. (Alonso was faster in all, and of course also the race)

I like Piqeut though, and I hope he can improve a lot next season. If not, they should kick his ass.

And yeah, I hope Alsonso joins Ferrari in 2010Nod
I guess Alonso had nowhere else to go, and Renault had nobody else to replace Piquet with I hope the car is competitive in the next season, Alonso belongs up front, racing for the lead.
I guess Piquet brings sponsorship with him or something?

I'm glad Alonso stays where he is, next season will be more interesting with him there.
Honda always talk the talk about next season's car, but who actually expects them to deliver? Not me I'm afraid. Button should have jumped ship when he had the chance.
Does this awaken the "Nelson, crash the car on your outlap and bring the safety car out. We reckon Fernando can win this if you do. You'll get a new contract if you manage it. Good luck" radio call conspiracy?
They're keeping Piquet because they know he will be a no.2 to Alonso. If they put Grosjean or Di Grassi in the car and they are on par with Alonso then it could be McLaren all over again.
Quote from Gav190 :They're keeping Piquet because they know he will be a no.2 to Alonso. If they put Grosjean or Di Grassi in the car and they are on par with Alonso then it could be McLaren all over again.

Your joking right.Cool

I think Piquet has alot of room for improvment though he has shown squirts of raw pace during the season to suggest this. But he has to be more consistant and hes very lucky to be driving with Renault imo.
Quote from tristancliffe :Does this awaken the "Nelson, crash the car on your outlap and bring the safety car out. We reckon Fernando can win this if you do. You'll get a new contract if you manage it. Good luck" radio call conspiracy?

Seriously? Any sources? Uhmm
Ohh.. :o

Well, to be honest, wouldn't suprise me, but the cost of the car, and a crash on Nelsons' file seems a rather too higher price to pay.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG