The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :This has made the candidates for the next UK election look even worse, at least when compared to Bush we could say Gordon Brown was kind of okay, and David Cameron was not quite as bad. I wish we could have leaders in this country that are not rich white christians totally out of touch with the country, but I doubt we will see that happen in the next 10 years, infact I think it's more likely to end up with something like the BNP.

Does it get any better than this in the UK http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dI-WOqR2PVU or even this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JsFRgIb8mAQ
aw just when gas prices were going back to normal we get a man who predicted energy costs would skyrocket under his administration. I better stock up on 91 octane while I can.
Boris being elected mayor of London is a fine example of the British sense of humour, we are so dedicated to having a good laugh, we will entrust our capital city to a bumbling fool like him.
Quote from flymike91 :aw just when gas prices were going back to normal we get a man who predicted energy costs would skyrocket under his administration. I better stock up on 91 octane while I can.

On the plus side though, he wants to stop reliance on the middle east for fuel, so in the long term fuel prices should be decided by what America does, rather than what terrorist group decides to blow up a pipeline in a desert thousands of miles away.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :, infact I think it's more likely to end up with something like the BNP.

It'll never happen.

If it does I'm moving to AMERICA (fu*k yeah!) It appears to be getting it's shit together at last.

@Chanoman

Just remember never to call us the UK or Britain.

It's The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or Great Britain to you, ok?

ffs.
Quote from The Moose :Just remember never to call us the UK or Britain.

It's The United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland or Great Britain to you, ok?

Isn't it The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, or just Britain (without the Great) for short ?

ahhh f*ck it, who cares, it could be worse, we could be called Belgium...
Quote from The Moose :

The United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland

You mean The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Nothern Ireland. :haha:
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You mean The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Nothern Ireland. :haha:

lol, Your absolutely right. I'm just so tired that i can hardly see, let alone think and type. I know what it is, i just forgot to type it in full.
Now edited for correctness

I consider myself owned.

I blame Chano for being a complete arse in the first place.
I'm so glad that the Palin freak didn't get anywhere near a seat of power. The last thing the US needs is another moron preaching that humans used to ride on the backs of dinosaurs.

I fear though that the biggest challenge for Obama now, is going to be avoiding assassination.
Quote from Gunn :I'm so glad that the Palin freak didn't get anywhere near a seat of power. The last thing the US needs is another moron preaching that humans used to ride on the backs of dinosaurs.

I fear though that the biggest challenge for Obama now, is going to be avoiding assassination.

yes i hear ya obama should watch his back or some crazy freak will snipe him.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Not that it really means anything, but is this the first black president/PM/whatever from any first world nation?

purely based on that the us is the only first world country with noteworthy black population numbers id say yes

Quote from Gunn :I fear though that the biggest challenge for Obama now, is going to be avoiding assassination.

id guess you wont see him in the back of convertibles anytime soon
Quote from Gunn :I fear though that the biggest challenge for Obama now, is going to be avoiding assassination.

A lot of people at my school are betting on whether Obama would be assassinated or not. Most of them agreed that if McCain was chosen that he would have a heart attack in office, giving Palin presidential power.

If that ever happened, the U.S. would disappear from the Earth in a couple days.
Obama!!!! has!! won!!
goddamn motherr****ing fantastic

Holy ****in shit I am drunk

I just walked down the sdtreet adn sotle an Obama sign from a neighbor who had three and stuck it in my yard

AMERICA

FREEDOM
liberty
I, for one, welcome our new black overlords.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :On the plus side though, he wants to stop reliance on the middle east for fuel, so in the long term fuel prices should be decided by what America does, rather than what terrorist group decides to blow up a pipeline in a desert thousands of miles away.

how will he reduce our dependence on foreign oil when he doesn't want to drill domestically? Someone needs to tell him that cars don't run on hope.

Ironically he promised to reduce US electric usage by 50%, while making a switch to electric cars, all while bankrupting every coal powerplant in the US...:

eh thats all the party-pooping from me (for now, expect liberal applications of party poop in the future) I'll let you unaffected europeans have your celebration times.
Quote from flymike91 :I'll let you unaffected europeans have your celebration times.

What was that? In many cases the US elections are more important to us than our own, ****ed up as it is. Just look at the current financial troubles.
Well, congrats Obama.
I give the guy 12 months before someone tries to put a bullet between his eyes...
Well, praise the lawd and all that. Now I can go back to sleep
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Not far from a landslide now, I think it needs to get around 350 for it to be called a landslide and he is on 338.

Could well be possible, the BBC websites coverage has the last 4 states at 49%/49% for 3 and 49/47.
If he takes 2 of the 4 then he'd get 350, theres still a 3, 11 (x2) and a 15, so he could do it with NC which he leads by 0.2% apparently, and the vast majority of the votes apparently accounted for.
Dont know quite how accurate their data is, but its certainly looks like its as accurate as it could be with fairly live data:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/ame ... lections_2008/7697829.stm

Im guessing they're getting their data from an official source overseeing the voting, kinda like getting pubstats from LFSW.

oh, and i have to admit to having taken more of an interest to the last 3 US elections than any of the last 3 English ones
Probably cos they have more of an influence on what our government does than our government
Quote from flymike91 :I'll let you unaffected europeans have your celebration times.

I would like to see you justify that comment to the unaffected families of soldiers that died fighting an illegal war in Iraq based on US ideals and false US intelligence. We don't fight wars we can't win in this country, that's unique to the USA, but because Tony Blair enjoyed the warm feeling he got from being inside Bush's lower colon, we had to follow you into Vietnam 2.
Quote from chanoman315 :STFU!

Well, but it's wrong, because america is the continet. Say U.S. or United States, it's easier...

Don't try to apply your language standards to another language? The continents individually should properly be referred to as North/South America or the Americas as a whole, and United Statians or something along those lines doesn't work as a construct in our language like it does in yours (clumsy and heavily ambiguous spelling/pronunciation). Besides Americans being a much more useful construct for referring to citizens of the US in every day usage (especially in English) than referring to the whole of the North/South American continents.

As some Brits are saying, UK works as a place, United Kingdomans (etc.) does not work as a reference to the populace, and citizens of the UK is unecessarily verbose. It's not an issue of pride, it's an issue of common sense, and I don't know why others in the Americas have a stick up their ass about how we use our language.

PS - I don't come from gringolandia but I don't really care what you do with the specifics of your language.

/Edit - Oh yeah, GOBAMA!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG