The online racing simulator
About F1 teams & driver standing
Which team/driver is the last team/driver was get the first 3pos on standing with no Manufacturers background teams?

& which team/driver is the last team/driver was get the WC with no Manufacturers background teams?
#2 - bbman
Quote from scania :which team/driver is the last team/driver was get the WC with no Manufacturers background teams?

I'm just guessing here: Williams with Villeneuve?
If I understand the question properly, then it would be Häkkinen with McLaren in '98 & '99...?
No Williams had Renault engines back then and as Renault didnt have a team and Williams and Renault where trying to build a partnership for the future - which eventually collapses when Williams didnt want to become 'Renault'. You'd have to go as far back as 1994 and Schumacher in a Benetton Ford for the last time a customer-engined car won the title, but even then one could argue Ford where investing quite substantially at the time.

In 84 Lauder, then '85-86 Prost won back to back titles in a McLaren TAG - but TAG is 40% owned by Daimler Crysler.

In 82 Rosberg won in a Williams Ford - at a time when Ford where a fairly generic 'customer' engine available to a lot of teams.

In 66-67 Brabham and Hulme respectively where powered to victory in Brabhams with engines by Repco, an engine tuning company, and before that Jim Clark had something of a Climax (boom boom).

Mostly however, other than the Ford era with their widely used 'customer' engines most championships have been won with the backing of a major car manufacturer.
i'd probably agree about keke being the last but you have to remember that tag were mclarens sponsor and mclaren approached porsche to design an engine for them which tag funded, porsche charging the full cost to them. so you could argue that that was no different from the cosworth as that was built and designed by cosworth for ford and ford paid the costs and the engine originally being put into the lotus 49 which was entered as a lotus ford.

the tag engine was optimised to work with ground effect cars using basic design features laid down by john barnard. by the time it appeared, ground effect tunels had been banned so mclaren never got the benefit of this and the constraints meant it was never able to produce the huge qualifying outputs of the other turbos but in race conditions it was able to turn in a very healthy power figure for the required fuel use
#6 - MR_B
Can the question be written correctly?

To correct Xaotik, Mclaren won the constructors in 1998, but not in 1999.
Quote from MR_B :Can the question be written correctly?

To correct Xaotik, Mclaren won the constructors in 1998, but not in 1999.

True, I was referring to the WDC since I can't understand what exactly the OP is actually asking.
I'm talking the team like Red Bull today.
Oh, well we're back to McLaren then - although perhaps due to the sportscar they made in 1992 that probably invalidates their entry in this list as they could be classified as a "manufacturer" so it's down to Williams as bbman said originally.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG