The online racing simulator
car number
(8 posts, started )
car number
why not have an option to set a carnumber, next to driver name and plate

the carnumber would then be shown next to the name in the position list during the race

and could replace the boring little arrow on the minimap
so its easier to know which car is where on the track

maybe even an option to put the number on the skin automatically
(will have to look good tho )

it would be useful for league ( especially endurance) races
Idk if this has been suggested before, but I actually like the idea
Quote from Zen321 :Idk if this has been suggested before, but I actually like the idea

well i looked for it
and didnt find anything
Put the number on your plate, put the same number in front of your name, problem solved. Do you really need an extra space next to the license plate and more stuff in the position list?
The arrow on the map is chosen because it shows the direction in which the car is facing. Using numbers in this application would cause confusion and lack of clarity, as numbers overlap, spin, or are displayed at a low resolution.

Sam
I might of missunderstood.
But I think he was talking about having a Number on your Skin.

Ofcourse you can easily do this by making your own skin and putting the Number on.

But i guess it wouldnt hurt to make it a feature, apon creating your driver and doing the car setup, put in a number, and move it where you want (or make it move auto to a spot that would make sense) ''Who knows, you might get the numb nuts who want to put the number on there tires....''.

My bad if i miss understood.

Belial
His main suggestion was for the driver number to be entered in the Player menu, in the same place as the playername and number plate is entered, and for this number to appear on the minimap to represent your car - and to appear in the race rankings next to your name.

The thing about it going on the skin was secondary, and in my opinion, not quite the most useful way to spend the developers' time

Sam
Problem here is that there are only so many numbers to go around, and I'd wager many people would choose certain numbers a lot more often. So you'd either have duplicates on the server, or you'd have to have the server randomly assign a number to a duplicate (which would probably happen quite often).

iRacing (iirc) does this based on driver rankings.

car number
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG