The online racing simulator
Fuel
(15 posts, started )
Fuel
I am going in for the OWRL and was wondering if the fuel gague in the cocpit works, if not how do i know when im running low and need to pit?
Press F12.

Don't start new threads everytime you need to know something, thank you
(That was a joke..I hope)
SO... if i want to know something i... dont post in the begginers forum because it is for begginers to ask questions?...not for begginers to ask questions... that dosnt sound right to me... anyone else?
Yes the fuel gauge works. For more accurate info look at F12, which will show your remaining fuel and the amount of fuel used, on average, per lap. Thus you can preset your pitstop strategy (or starting fuel) beforehand and save fiddling with stuff during the race.
Quote from tristancliffe :" Thus you can preset your pitstop strategy (or starting fuel) beforehand and save fiddling with stuff during the race."

How?
#7 - Jakg
Quote from N1TR0S :SO... if i want to know something i... dont post in the begginers forum because it is for begginers to ask questions?...not for begginers to ask questions... that dosnt sound right to me... anyone else?

no, you post in an EXISTING one of your threads...
In the setup screen, under info, you can set the fuel you want to start a session with, and how much fuel to put in at the pitstops.

Edit: Don't worry about making new threads, as long as you don't repeat a thread that is already there. Same goes for everyone. One day all the topics will have been asked and beginners can just look at the relevent thread, but we're not there yet. No point being TOO aggressive to newbies in the beginners forum, as it's there for beginners to ask 'seasoned' players how to do stuff.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Welcome to the OWRL, you will find that apart from a high standard of racing and a more rigid adherence to the racing regs of the mythical bluebook you wont get so many people chastising you for not adhering to their forum organisation ideals.

I'm a creative individual, messy by nature, i'll post anywhere and without order...
Amen to that
EDIT : Fuel consumption (GP LONG) 7% :S any suggestions on a strategy?
Pit as few times as you can get away with. What is your tyre wear like? How long is the race? If you can do the whole race on one set of tyres or witout refuelling then do so. If you have to pit (or if it's mandatory) you have to ask yourself whether lighter fuel and longer pitstops are better than filling up at the start and barely adding any fuel...

Tricky business, but don't worry to much to begin with, it'll become more obvious as you play.
As you're pretty new to LFS your main concern should be finishing the race, instead of worrying about the right pit strategy. The pit strategy comes into play when you are good and consistent enough to reliably survive longer races and drive fast enough so that these 10 seconds gained/lost DO make a difference
And one more remark for pit strategy. In the F12 menu you see two fuel amounts. One is the amount you have in your tank. The other one is the amount you have when you exit pits after refuel; it is no the amount you get from pits.

Hope you get what I mean.

PS. if you had searched for "fuel consumption" or something fuel related you would have found that there is fuel and fuel consumption in LFS. Even if it is the beginner's forum, search is the 1st recommended way of getting the info.

*runs*
Quote from N1TR0S :I am going in for the OWRL...

Kewl, see you there!
Quote :any suggestions on a strategy?

owrl events are around 1hr long, in a Fox that means a 1 or 2 stop strategy depending upon the event. I'm not sure which is faster at KY Jelly yet, but given the chances of an off track excursion in your first long race i'd be thinking about 2 stops.

Because the track at KY is so long there's very little margin on when to pit, 100% can get you up to roughly 14 laps or thereabouts and the race is 24. There's no advantage to being first in (quite the opposite as you come out on heavy fuel) so most 1 stoppers will pit on lap 13.

Fuel
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG