The online racing simulator
improve ramps
(34 posts, started )
Quote from Heiko1 :rofl erm Shadowww?! does u got there S1? cause urnow Demo and im a lil bit confused....
But these Slick_wet tyres does they changet something at the carphysics ? because i think it dont exist any "Wet" thing in lfs

Edit: We se us at the Track ^^

I was talking about patch S1G, and you can get slicks on XFG/XRG/XRT using LFSTweak S1G, changing car type to "Race".
I'd imagine that the wets were just what we know as hybrids, or maybe a slightly more threaded version of the normals. Unless rain was meant to be added in S1, then scrapped along with the tyres

The ramps do have some small amount of friction though, in the UF Workout layout for example there's a section where you have to steer on a ramp, and it works. It's like ice really, there is a small amount of friction, but not enough to drive. Surely it can't be that hard to fix, just change the reference material to something a bit grippier, grass maybe?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I can't recall that.

on the MRT there was

i think there were slick, grooved, intermediate and wet. Correct me if i am wrong!
Technically even with completely slick tires it would be possible to brake on ice, it would just require more time. As long as there's some kind of friction, there's no reason for an object to retain its speed, assuming it's not propelled in some way.

Now, I haven't personally tried it as I don't go on ramps, but if it's impossible to brake AND accelerate on the ramps, then they're defying the laws of physics ^^
Well, technically because you're increasing the cars potential energy by converting its kinetic energy into potential energy... it is decelerating, thus following the laws of physics. The only thing is that mu (Coefficient of friction), becomes equal (or close) to zero on the ramps.

:hide:
Quote from boosterfire :Technically even with completely slick tires it would be possible to brake on ice, it would just require more time. As long as there's some kind of friction, there's no reason for an object to retain its speed, assuming it's not propelled in some way.

Now, I haven't personally tried it as I don't go on ramps, but if it's impossible to brake AND accelerate on the ramps, then they're defying the laws of physics ^^

Because of the physics involved when driving on ice (both in game and RL), I can actually imagine using slicks would DECREASE braking distances, because, unlike water, you cannot 'channel' ice out of the way, and the majority of treadblocks on most higher performance tyres (Goodyear EagleF1's, Yokohama AO48s etc) aren't deep nor sharp enough to dig into the ice. So a slick tyre would increase the contact area between you and the surface

Only way to combat that problem propperly is using studded tyres or chains (more practical for you and me)
Quote from anbiddulph :on the MRT there was

i think there were slick, grooved, intermediate and wet. Correct me if i am wrong!

RACE_SLICKS
RACE_WET
RACE_INTERMEDIATE
RACE_GROOVED
that was all types of race tyres.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Because of the physics involved when driving on ice (both in game and RL), I can actually imagine using slicks would DECREASE braking distances, because, unlike water, you cannot 'channel' ice out of the way, and the majority of treadblocks on most higher performance tyres (Goodyear EagleF1's, Yokohama AO48s etc) aren't deep nor sharp enough to dig into the ice. So a slick tyre would increase the contact area between you and the surface

Only way to combat that problem propperly is using studded tyres or chains (more practical for you and me)

Or not driving on ramps made of ice O_O
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Because of the physics involved when driving on ice (both in game and RL), I can actually imagine using slicks would DECREASE braking distances, because, unlike water, you cannot 'channel' ice out of the way, and the majority of treadblocks on most higher performance tyres (Goodyear EagleF1's, Yokohama AO48s etc) aren't deep nor sharp enough to dig into the ice. So a slick tyre would increase the contact area between you and the surface

Friction is not dependent upon contact area, but only upon contact force and materials.

improve ramps
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG