The online racing simulator
do people race properly in LFS S2 fullversion ?
hi all

just downloaded the demo today an ive been thrashing it with my g25 for a few hours

i come from console racing (forza 2 , gt5p , f1 , grid etc) but after growing tired of the usual console crap of people not racing properly smashing u off the track in the 1st corner , slamming on the breaks when ur in a slip steam or swerving offline to block your pass (gt5p ps3 ) etc etc

ive started looking to pc racing sims for my fix , 1st stop LFS

ive been enjoying the demo but found the same immature smash derby racing im looking to escape , now i know its a demo an most of the people playing are new or kids who cant purchuse the full version

but PLEASE tell me it gets better in the full version

are there servers with full racing rules , peneltys for reckless driving etc when ive purchused a full licence ? after some good fun clean racing is all

cheers
Conebeast
There's very high quality racing to be had in S2 servers, but unfortunately you also get the occasional "wreckers" sometimes, depending on which servers you play on. That being said, there are some demo servers that offer good quality racing as well. You just have to find them, I guess

If you're looking for good online racing then you won't regret buying an S2 license. There are some very nice servers out there with their own points and licensing system, there are a lot of different leagues you can enter where you're almost always guaranteed that the racing is as clean as it can get, etc...
Yes, as far as my experience goes you never get bumped off the track on purpose! It surely happens sometimes you get bumped off but thats the sport. Also happens in real life so.

I would say if you enjoyed the demo buy S2 its only getting better!
CTRA are VERY good servers.
#5 - G!NhO
Quote from M.vdBroek :Yes, as far as my experience goes you never get bumped off the track on purpose! It surely happens sometimes you get bumped off but thats the sport. Also happens in real life so.

I would say if you enjoyed the demo buy S2 its only getting better!

Absolute-beginners.nl ^^
Quote from G!NhO :Absolute-beginners.nl ^^

Very true! We are still looking for beginners!
do people race properly in LFS S2 fullversion ?
Yes and no. I'd say on average the quality of racing is better by a margin, but that doesn't mean there aren't idiots, bad drivers or outright wreckers. S1/S2 was pretty awesome when it started out and not many people had a license, but with the rise of popularity and relative anonymity racing standards pummelled and people started behaving more like they tend to do (like pricks) when the potential reputation loss gets offset by just being one out of many that is quickly forgotten about.

Nowadays it's mostly about finding a well adminned server, or working your way up to the higher levels of the CTRA license system. The racing there can be very good, but entry level servers can be a bit harsh at times.
Yeah, I've had some rough races in the lower CTRA servers, but in some of the higher ones I've had some of the cleanest and closest races I've ever had in LFS.
Quote from Michael Denham :Yeah, I've had some rough races in the lower CTRA servers, but in some of the higher ones I've had some of the cleanest and closest races I've ever had in LFS.

you must need some practice on the FM starter oval then kidding - good fun last night...
Quote from G!NhO :Absolute-beginners.nl ^^

When is this server online? I found it once and raced a bit, but I couldn't find it the last three days. IMO there is a big need for a server for beginners. My typical lap-time on BL-GP with the FBM is about 1:20 (and my fastest are about 1:18), so I'm always at the back of the field on "normal" servers ... at least until half the field drops out and has to pit

But I think it would be a nice thing to race with people at the same skill-level.
Quote from Reini68 :When is this server online? I found it once and raced a bit, but I couldn't find it the last three days. IMO there is a big need for a server for beginners. My typical lap-time on BL-GP with the FBM is about 1:20 (and my fastest are about 1:18), so I'm always at the back of the field on "normal" servers ... at least until half the field drops out and has to pit

But I think it would be a nice thing to race with people at the same skill-level.

just go to the site and sign up.

the "absolute-beginners.nl[endu]" server is always online, you can find the server password at the right side of the site.
every sunday at 20.15 +1 GMT is a race, next race is South city town course with TBO cars.

so sign up and go practise...
Quote from jervinz :Thanks for the link...will register on AB site.

im not what you would call a beginner as such, but i race now in cockpit, with manual everything, clutch gears the lot, and i also have the vibrations in the cockpit quite high so for me to go on a normal server i find myself too slow..

so i signed up for some fun racing in a view/situation like a real car.
Quote from R3DMAN :im not what you would call a beginner as such, but i race now in cockpit, with manual everything, clutch gears the lot, and i also have the vibrations in the cockpit quite high so for me to go on a normal server i find myself too slow..

so i signed up for some fun racing in a view/situation like a real car.

you registered on AB too?

cool
Quote from G!NhO :just go to the site and sign up.

O.K. just did that. If everything works out as planned I'll be there this evening. cu there
Quote from G!NhO :you registered on AB too?

cool

just registered about 2 hours ago.
Quote from CONEBEAST :
now i know its a demo an most of the people playing are new or kids who cant purchuse the full version

I'm 13 years old, my driving isnt bad, and i'm S2 licenced...

But i also experienced the same problems on GRID and GT5.. GRID was especially irritating because of the damage.. ah well.

ON TOPIC, The racing in S2 is an awful lot cleaner... But i would find the racing experience alot better if i could get a decent wheel, no way i'll be gtting a G25 though.. :weeping:
Quote from M.vdBroek :Very true! We are still looking for beginners!

Looks good. I'm gonna sign up!!

In general, I think even in some demo servers the racing is relatively clean. I've seen people being kicked for misbehaving, even on demo servers.
I've been there for two days now. Most of the time on the BL-FBM-server, but it wasn't as I expected.

First thing I noticed on day one, doing my personal best of 1:17:26 was the worst time by far in this race. Everyone else was driving under 1:16.

Second day wasn't satisfactory either. Doing two races, the first was running normal - except that it seems people don't stay for 10 laps. Second race was like hell. In lap 3 or 4 a guy came onto the track, forced me off the facing line, finished one lap in 1:13 did another extremly fast intermediate and left. Then, when on lap 6 or so, a guy crashed me out of the race - intentionally, as I was overtaking on the long straight and suddenly he turned the car right - throwing my car into the rally-course. So pit and restart. Then someone with the nick :>D (or something very close to that) appeared tried to start a game (while the race was still in progress) and then started to crash into all the cars he found, when I wrote "you should be banned" he claimed to be the admin himself (no need to tell me he wasn't I understand that). But as there was no way to ban these ... (insert whatever you like here) all the others including me left.

So my experiences were pretty bad so far. As long as there is no admin to help in such situations, and there is no way to vote to ban people like these, there is nothing that's going to draw me back to these servers.

To be fair, I have to state that there was a pretty nice and friendly community and race on the absolute-beginners [endu] server on tuesday, so it might be more correct to say the demoserver seems to suffer from these problems.
Bummer on your bad experience, but this has to be expected on a not administrated demo server.
Quote from Reini68 :
To be fair, I have to state that there was a pretty nice and friendly community and race on the absolute-beginners [endu] server on tuesday, so it might be more correct to say the demoserver seems to suffer from these problems.

good, so are you gonna do the race on sunday?
Quote from G!NhO :good, so are you gonna do the race on sunday?

Not sure now, depends a lot on the family.

Why do you ask? Want to see a mammoth defeat?

To be serious again: It might be interesting to join a race, never done this before. As it is FBM and BL it would be a good idea, as this is the combination that I feel most comfortable with so far. A real newbie, you see?
Quote from Reini68 :Not sure now, depends a lot on the family.

Why do you ask? Want to see a mammoth defeat?

To be serious again: It might be interesting to join a race, never done this before. As it is FBM and BL it would be a good idea, as this is the combination that I feel most comfortable with so far. A real newbie, you see?

well its good to have some new people in a race

In the S2 leugue the race is at South City town course with the TBO cars.
i think you mean the demo league, thats BL1 FBM.
Quote from G!NhO :well its good to have some new people in a race

In the S2 leugue the race is at South City town course with the TBO cars.
i think you mean the demo league, thats BL1 FBM.

Ooops so I have a lot of trainings hours coming up 'til then. Couldn't manage to be within 15 seconds to the fastest, last time I was there.
Quote from Reini68 :Ooops so I have a lot of trainings hours coming up 'til then. Couldn't manage to be within 15 seconds to the fastest, last time I was there.

just try and see where you end, next time practise more and you'll get faster laps.
Yeh, I Try to race properly but im Useless , But if ur in the feeling to wreck theres always a LFS Banger Server up which is fun.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG