The online racing simulator
[F1] Portuguese GP possibility for '09

\o/

Finally
Estoril would be unlikely to get a Grade 1 licence. This Algarve circuit would be a very late call to have for next year BUT if it brings the calendar up to a sensible number of races it would be better than a race in the middle of nowhere.

EDIT : Any chance of renaming it to something like "F1 teams to test in Algarve" as the articles do not suggest a 2009 Portugese GP?
Quote :As well as multiple circuit configurations, the track features a high-tech water sprinkling system to simulate wet weather running.

Could this be every F1 fan's dream come true!?
#5 - kirmy
Quote from Becky Rose :Could this be every F1 fan's dream come true!?

only hamilton fans, james allen cheifly, every time a hint of rain, hamilton will win for sure

im ashamed he ever went to my school, you guys never had to put up with 5 hours of the guy talking about how good working for itv is :@

back on topic, it would be nice to have the estoril track back, but the algarve sound interesting.
It wont happen, if it did they would of confirmed it last year, its a bit late now.
Quote : back on topic, it would be nice to have the estoril track back, but the algarve sound interesting.

Estoril never stood out as anything special for me, infact I only realised it had gone when this thread popped up ! Even the locals never showed up to watch the F1's race there.
#8 - luder
#10 - JJ72
love the dip at the main straight and the last corner.

lets race the track as it is lol......much better than being watered down with tarmac runoffs.
Awesome track!

but i can't help but think when the tarmac runoffs are added it will lose its awesomeness.

Still the track seems very similar to brazil with the elevation changes and all.
It looks fun.
Quote from Mustafur :Awesome track!

but i can't help but think when the tarmac runoffs are added it will lose its awesomeness.

Still the track seems very similar to brazil with the elevation changes and all.

Depends, because when the Braga circuit opened back in 93, if only one car went off the track, the race had to be stopped because you couldn't see shit due to all the sand that was kicked up by the car(s). Let's just hope that it won't happen to this circuit in its first races .
Le Mans Series has confirmed race next summer, A1GP and so has GP2 as the season finale. Not so sure about F1 prospects, Bernie wants lotsa $$$ and with already two GPs in Spain...

Is this actually Tilke track?

Quote from luder :No.

? i'm sure i read somewhere that it was.

Edit: just googled, lul /me=f00l
wasnt world superbikes there this weekend?
Quote from BenjiMC :wasnt world superbikes there this weekend?

Its a construction zone, not possible yet.
Yes, it was, i was there

The track looks really great with all the elevations, but it's still too soon to be the host of any event, as there isn't even natural grass around the circuit (parking lot and some roads are still in dirt); there aren't stores or restaurants in the actual circuit, just some coffee-like shops, that sell all the same.

Also, next weekend it'll be the host of the FIA GT. Though, as i said, still very soon to race there. Hope it gets good really quickly
Quote from Rocabiliz :Yes, it was, i was there
Also, next weekend it'll be the host of the FIA GT. Though, as i said, still very soon to race there. Hope it gets good really quickly

That's not correct. Next weekend we´ll have the Spanish GT Championship and PTCC- Portuguese Touring Car Championship. http://www.autodromodoalgarve.com/en/eventos.html
Afaik, there´s a FIA GT planned for next year, but I think it doesn´t have a defined date yet...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG