The online racing simulator

Poll : Which driver out of these would be the best?

Hamilton
Alonso
Kubica
Vettel
Kimi
other(state)
Massa
Quote from Becky Rose :Yeah but the insim would be fantastic.

"Your car is being repaired, you can't join the race" when they change a wing setting? :P
Quote from tinvek :even though he's retired for almost 2 seasons, would anyone
pick m. schumacher instead of massa or raikonen ?

No, but I would pick Mika Häkkinen instead of both of them.
If i was to have a team run the way i'd like it then it would most resemble a mixture of McLaren and Williams. So i doubt Alonso would want to drive for me Even though (like many here) i think he is the most complete driver on the grid at the moment, and it wouldn't be a problem for me to work with someone i don't like (been doing it for most of my working life) Alonso simple wouldn't fit into my team, and i don't think he does enough out of the car to justify his wages. And if he started any of this childish backstabing nonsense he'd be straight out the door. So no, no Alonso for me.

I'd take Kimi any day of the week, but, he's already won his championship, so i'm not entirely convinced of his motivation these days. So, on reflection, probably not Kimi.

Kubica ?, he's quick, no doubt about it. But that voice, it's enought to send the most wide awake and alert engineer into an instantaneous coma, so unless i was sponsored by Red Bull or Nescafe Expresso Coffee or something, the extra expense of keeping the rest of the team awake would be too much. Seriously though, i don't think Kubica would really fit into a team that i had built. He's not my kinda guy (without making that sound uber gay)

As for the rest. I'd definitely have a clear No 1 and No 2 driver setup, so it'd have to be two guys that would be happy with that arrangement. As i've said before i'm a huge fan of Hamiltons driving style, and one way or the other he would bring in loads of 'air-time' for the team. And as far as i can tell he's the hardest working driver in F1 when it comes to off-track stuff and you've got to keep the sponsors happy. So i wouldn't be upset to have Hamilton as my No 1 driver.

The No 2 driver would have to be a good foil for Lewis, i.e bring balence to the team, be good to work with, not complain too much, perhaps be good at the technical, set-up side of things (although a good test driver could do that last part to) So maybe Massa, Heidfeld, Glock or Vettel. But with the future in mind, i think i'd have Vettel. With perhaps Alex Wurz as a test driver.

And maybe bring in Rubens when he retires to give Lewis some of his know-how, and to tell him straight when he's being a prat.

So thats No 1 Hamilton, No 2 Vettel.

As for the name of my new team, well it's obvious, either Maserati, Alfa Romeo or Lotus. And Suzy Perry would be my personal pit girl and masseuse....and also my lover
I voted for Alonso.
Quote from Mazz4200 :So thats No 1 Hamilton, No 2 Vettel.

Sorry to break your plans but I don't think Vettel would be a happy No. 2 driver.
Hamilton (will and has already developed)
Sutil (deserves a chance)
Rubens as test driver (Knowledge and experience)

I think Kimi's problem is he is very setup dependant. What I mean is, he seems to like a very stiff setup, so in the wet races(for e.g) he struggles to a point. Notice that in Monza once it dryed up a bit he was blisteringly quick but before was no where (like an on-off switch), he also wasn't too slow at the start of Spa and for a very short while at the end when it started raining but once it got heavier he started driving as though on Ice. He struggles to come up with a good compromise, hes either crazy quick or slow. He also breaks cars. If not he'd me my other driver. Alonso is great but meh, gives teams issues.
Quote from zeugnimod :Sorry to break your plans but I don't think Vettel would be a happy No. 2 driver.

Dunno tbh, he seems such a genuinely nice bloke i can't really see him complaining too much, especially since my car will be the quickest car ever in the the whole history of all Formula 1 and all other motorsports in the whole history of the known universe, and forever more, so.... maybe i'll have to let him sleep with Suzy Perry too, and give him free copies of Little Britain on DVD.
Vettel and Alonso would pwn with Ferrari (next gen. Ferrari, not the current one :shrug
#35 - J.B.
Hamilton: he already beat Alonso in his first season and can only get better.

Alonso: showed that he can be as quick and often quicker than Hamilton last year, and IMO may well be the only driver to ever do so during Lewis' career. Some great drives this year also.

Kubica: first driver ever to cause problems for Heidfeld, great pace, few errors.

EDIT: I guess I didn't really answer the question, as Hamilton and Alonso as team mates didn't really work that well. So my choice would be Hamilton and Kubica.
hamilton and kubica for me, they're both fast, both rate each other as their closest rivals in the future and they're friends with each other. heidfeld as a test driver, williams still say they're missing his input and miss him and with the new regs a steady head in testing could stop the younger drivers leading the team down dark alleys that lead no where.

alonso is fast but next year there are bound to be problems with cars not finishing in the first part of the season and you can't afford to concentrate all your effort around a number 1 driver when reliability issues may leave him behind your number 2 on points
If I absolutely had to pick two drives instead of one I would never take Lonso. It just wouldn't work unless the team was built around him. So I'd go with Haemitlon and Webrebr. Haemitlon is very quick and has history of winning so in that respect he is safe bet. Bt it's only his second year in the sport so he needs a fast and experienced team mate and I've always wanted to see if Webrebr is really as quick as I think he could be in a red car

If Kimi made less errors he'd be on top of my list. Kovalainen needs more race speed, Lonso less attitude and Kubica more pressure testing. Veltlet is a young driver and for young drivers you have also Haemitlon and Robserg of which Haemitlon is clearly the best package for being my mascot for my chocolate factory.

As for experienced drivers you have Kimi, who gives ashit about anything, Masaa who isn't exactly a prototype of getting up quickly after punches. Lonso is just dangerous for the team with huge risk/gain factor. And I wouldn't like someone making threats on me about using other teams' plans as a base to design my new cars . Hietfelt might be a good choise but as german I wouldn't like his lack of sense of humour (and bad alcohol tolerance).
#38 - JJ72
I'll take Danica Patrick to the back of my motorhome.
I voted for Hamilton, but Alonso is probably the best pound for pound driver in F1 (cliche!)
Should of allowed people to pick 2 out of the poll.

As for who I would choose - Hamilton and Kubica. Easy choice. Hamilton is quick from day 1, sometimes seems to push things a bit too far but could put up with that for the advantages of his skills. Kubica is imo not quite as quick as Hamilton but he is Mr Consistant and within a decent team (i.e. quick car that is actually developed through the season) then he would be take the WDC (unless Hamilton beat him lol)
okey , vettel and ham is going to be it.

oh yeah and the car , is the fastes one, mclaren chassi and ferrari engine

(it not possible , but its also not possoble that i have my own team)
I would like to see Kimi and Vettel in my rich F1 team which will have its own base of the very best engineers and some fast monopost winning every race... as testdriver, L. Hamilton - he will be well payed for keeping himself behind the scene. And finally, some fanclubs around the world...
Its funny how a year can change things around soo much.

Start of year:

Massa: good but not top driver
Hamilton: one of the best drivers on the grid
Kubica: Pretty crap got smashed by nick last year.
Alonso: still up the top but everyone hates him.
Vettel: good but still needed to prove himself.
Kimi: Probably the best driver on the grid.

Now:

Massa: Top driver it seems but resent results are not doing him any favours
Hamilton: Basically the exact same as last year in every way, hes still up top though.
Kubica: Best improver with Vettel, has made him self a top driver and seems to have ultra consistency too.
Alonso:Out of the top drivers he is the best overall, also hes liked a hell of alot more then he was last year.
Vettel: What he has done in that Torro rosso has to be seen to be belived, easily a top driver and should be winning world championships soon.
Kimi: What can i say, hes lacked soo much motivation and seems completely out of it and has been out paced by massa most of the season. All though he still is the best driver on the grid when it comes to pulling out the best lap out of the car.
Alonso and Vettel (so hopefully similar to the Ferrari lineup in two years time)
Alonso / Hamilton ?
Quote from Rdcranno :Alonso / Hamilton ?

Haha yeah, cos we know how well they got on together last time

I'd go Kubica and Hamilton. I think Kubica has done really well to be so close to the top at the end of the season given he's not had the outright pace of the Mclaren and Ferrari. While Massa/Ferrari and Hamilton/McLaren have been making mistakes and getting penalties etc all over the place, Kubica has been flying under the radar and has ended up really close to the top thanks to consistent finishes and few mistakes.
If I had my own F1 team the devs could put my car in lfs
my team
Kubica has brilliant potential, and i can't wait to see him next year in the new look F1 cars. He is the most consistant this year and damn right fast considering hes BMW! hopefully lewis + kubica would work well, however Vettel certainly looks promising. I can't help but feel that each team needs an experienced driver, and also the 'young spark' who is new. This pattern seems to work well so maybe hamilton + kubica would not work so well together...?
also, i dont know how anyone else feels, but if massa wins the title this year i cant help but feel he doesnt earn it. He is fast, yes - but only if he is leading. If he has to overtake or starts a race in say 5th he's useless and finishes like 4th. He just doesnt seem to have the same competitive drive like hamilton and vettel do. When you couple this with all the controversy about points and penilties this year, Ferrari are always let of lightly don't they? it's really unfair as the sport seems to be stamping out all the fun and spirit of racing. Particually as legends like Jackie Steward are complaing about the FIA too!

Anyway, vettel + hamilton plz with dela rosa tester
Nick Heidfeld!

consistant always shows promise and hardly ever gets into trouble. Give him a good car and zooooooooom!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG