The online racing simulator
The Lack of Leagues
(12 posts, started )
The Lack of Leagues
Is there a lack of leagues at the moment? I've been trying to find one I can enter all day but no luck.....

Any beginner leagues going on at the moment or what?
#2 - J@tko
Ma sig

Only 1 race left this season though, but its the enduro
#3 - MR_B
We've currently got the problem bigukg, that as there's fewer racers entering leagues, that you're left with 6 guys on a grid, and after the first season, the league either flops, or won't return until potential entrants return.

That's not saying "there's not as many lfs racers, blah blah blah", i'm saying that as things stand, people just aren't entering leagues.

For example my Stock Cup league peaked at 30+ racers this spring, but the autumn league only attracted 12-14 entrants. And I was quite happy we got that much!

Check out "RaceSim" as they've got a league starting soon "Formula XFR", (previously known as The Challenge Cup) which is a serious, clean league.
See the site at http://fxfr.racesim.co.uk

hope that's help answer your question a little.
Within the next week, I plan on officially announcing New Dimension Racing's 2008 MiniFBM Series Calendar and Rules - using 37% intake restricted FBMs, this year it's simply a small version, to test the formula and interest in this series. We got some great reviews after the LFSBC Round with 45% restricted FBMs, but it was thougth that 45 was too much.

Check our subfourm in the Leagues and Events Subforum often, it'll be up ASAP.

Best,
d
#5 - MR_B
does a car that under powered need to be that much more under powered?
Quote from MR_B :does a car that under powered need to be that much more under powered?

I'm just the rule maker and enforcer :-p

From what I've been told (assuming I understood it correctly), people still enjoyed the "Mini" FBM - it does provide close exciting racing.

d
#7 - Fuse5
Quote from MR_B :does a car that under powered need to be that much more under powered?

On certain autoX layouts, It is really fun. Close action, doesn't actually feel that slow on small layouts.
And if you overdo it, you will still spin. Even in the restricted version.
#8 - J@tko
It came about by accident - we had an LFSBC post season evening thing, and I wanted a car to use for an AX track. I thought that, cos everyone was a n00b, MRT would be pretty crap, so I picked the next car up and gave it no power

I was amazingly surprised at how well it went - everyone is really close together, but also you have to pick your opportunities to overtake carefully as it's easy to lose lots of time. Everyone loved it, so we plonked it in a round of the LFSBC this season. We also decided to make a mini-series to see what everyone else thought. And its not as slow as you might think
#9 - MR_B
I see! So it's a bit like what the MRT should have been, will try it out and see how it feels.
Well there is LOTA ( http://lfs-lota.net )... you're on the wrong side of the pond most likely for most of the Thurs. night stuff, but w do have the XRT Stock Car Cup on Sundays starting up soon and is a bit more accessible timewise those across the pond. Here's the info on it...
-------------------------

The XRT Stock Car Cup is an XRT-only stock-car type racing series consisting of 4 oval events and 4 road course events. Series features include the traditional stock car racing features such as Safety Car regulated starts/restarts, Safety Car periods, the "Lucky Dog" rule for lapped cars, and required pit stops. Three events on the Kyoto Ring Oval including the special knock-out formated All-Star Challenge, two oval events on custom courses at the AutoCross Arena, and three road course events highlight the eight event schedule. Colorful skins, exciting drafting battles, and close, hard racing make the XRT Stock Car Cup the definitive stock car racing series in LFS.

The typical race day schedule is this:
  • 7:45 PM UTC (2:45 pm EST) - Drivers are encouraged to join and prepare. Officials set race conditions.
  • 8:00 PM UTC (3:00 pm EST) - Qualifying starts
  • 8:30 PM UTC (3:30 pm EST) - Heats/Feature starts (earliest time)
Good luck to all the XRT Stock Car Cup drivers!

-------------------------

Quote from bigukg :Is there a lack of leagues at the moment? I've been trying to find one I can enter all day but no luck.....

Any beginner leagues going on at the moment or what?

Going to look at FXFR and try and get into that. Website looks good

Quote from MR_B :We've currently got the problem bigukg, that as there's fewer racers entering leagues, that you're left with 6 guys on a grid, and after the first season, the league either flops, or won't return until potential entrants return.

That's not saying "there's not as many lfs racers, blah blah blah", i'm saying that as things stand, people just aren't entering leagues.

For example my Stock Cup league peaked at 30+ racers this spring, but the autumn league only attracted 12-14 entrants. And I was quite happy we got that much!

Check out "RaceSim" as they've got a league starting soon "Formula XFR", (previously known as The Challenge Cup) which is a serious, clean league.
See the site at http://fxfr.racesim.co.uk

hope that's help answer your question a little.

Cheers all, very helpful!

The Lack of Leagues
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG