The online racing simulator
Hamilton Replica Helmet
(110 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
Hamilton Replica Helmet
If anyone on here has ever bought a replica helmet could you tell me where you got it. I want a Hamilton replica helmet, well design as it needs to have the road safety features. I am wanting to save up for one, for when I get my RS.
#3 - sam93
Quote from Scrabby :http://i270.photobucket.com/al ... PyroFish1337/DSCF0254.jpg

I bought it in a Kartshop, 370€

Btw, this is a brushed/stickered one. A Replica helmet would be WAYYY MORE expensive

ok, I have seen some good ones around but I need to find a shop that sell the helmets that can also be used on road. I did find this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lewis-Ha ... &_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 but the colours on it are wrong, the part above the visor is blue when it is meant to be green. It is also expensive. I Cant find one, I might get a plain one and when I have the money I might get it sprayed in the design of LH's helmet.
That GP5 is not a road helmet. And getting it airbrushed will probably cost over £500!! And using a replica helmet on a moped makes you look like a chav.
#5 - sam93
Quote from tristancliffe :That GP5 is not a road helmet. And getting it airbrushed will probably cost over £500!! And using a replica helmet on a moped makes you look like a chav.

Not really, might look alright on a yellow rs50 which isn't a moped. You could still use it as a road helmet though, couldn't you.
An RS50 is a moped. A moped with a bodykit. I used to have one. I recently lived down the shame.

No, the GP5 is not road legal in the UK.
#7 - sam93
Quote from tristancliffe :An RS50 is a moped. A moped with a bodykit. I used to have one. I recently lived down the shame.

They actually class a RS50 as a sportsbike not a moped/scooter. There is nothing wrong with a RS50 if you treat them right and so on, it is better then the bus.
A replica brain bucket makes you look like a cock whatever the occasion. Wearing one on a slowped just gives you that extra cock factor.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :A replica brain bucket makes you look like a cock whatever the occasion. Wearing one on a slowped just gives you that extra cock factor.

Thou shall take that back or theee shall be punished!!
I wouldn't use it that much, will mainly be a collectors item, I will be getting a shoei for my day to day helmet.
Quote from tristancliffe :An RS50 is a moped. A moped with a bodykit. I used to have one. I recently lived down the shame.

As much as I hate to agree, Tristan's right.

RS50s have a top speed of 30mph, when it's restricted -which you'll have to, so it may actually be faster to take the bus!

It will also almost certainly seize up and will cost a fortune to run in oil alone!

(And just buy a normal helmet, rep helmets are for fast riders, the kind that rock up on a Gixer thou with chewed up tyres.)
Quote from sam93 :I wouldn't use it that much, will mainly be a collectors item, I will be getting a shoei for my day to day helmet.

If you want a collectors item, buy the real thing, a replica has little to no resale value unless you find another idiot who is stupid enough to buy one.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :As much as I hate to agree, Tristan's right.

RS50s have a top speed of 30mph, when it's restricted -which you'll have to, so it may actually be faster to take the bus!

It will also almost certainly seize up and will cost a fortune to run in oil alone!

(And just buy a normal helmet, rep helmets are for fast riders, the kind that rock up on a Gixer thou with chewed up tyres.)

You look after one it will be fine, regular oil change and that and it will be fine, it will only be used to go to mates houses and school. And it wont be full throttled until it is warmed up
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :If you want a collectors item, buy the real thing, a replica has little to no resale value unless you find another idiot who is stupid enough to buy one.

£4k for the normal one and £15k for the Monaco one, I dont think so lol.
Look real Replica's are expensive to. These helmet's aren't replica's, these are painted/stickered. If you look at Ebay you'll see that replica helmet are expensive as hell and look EXACTLY the same as the real one and not a "failed" copy of the cheaper ones, like mine.
Quote from sam93 :You look after one it will be fine, regular oil change and that and it will be fine, it will only be used to go to mates houses and school. And it wont be full throttled until it is warmed up

You're a numpty. You don't have oil to change, apart from gearbox oil.
Quote from tristancliffe : And using a replica helmet on a moped makes you look like a chav.

Pointing that out in a thread made by sam is quite pointless, at least as long as you don't want to encourage him.
Quote from sam93 :You look after one it will be fine, regular oil change and that and it will be fine, it will only be used to go to mates houses and school. And it wont be full throttled until it is warmed up

Quote from S14 DRIFT :You're a numpty. You don't have oil to change, apart from gearbox oil.

Better start learning about your future bike, otherwise before you even make it out your drive you'll be needing an engine rebuild!
Quote from keiran :

Better start learning about your future bike, otherwise before you even make it out your drive you'll be needing an engine rebuild!

I know about reliabilty issues with the RS50's but if they are not 'ragged' as they say and well looked after it should do me for the year then get shot of it. People seem to think they break down every week but if they are looked after right it should be fine.
Quote from tristancliffe :And using a replica helmet on a moped makes you look like a chav.

on the plus side he will be wearing a helmet this time
Quote from sam93 :I know about reliabilty issues with the RS50's but if they are not 'ragged' as they say and well looked after it should do me for the year then get shot of it. People seem to think they break down every week but if they are looked after right it should be fine.

Well you can hardly rag something which is limited to 30mph.

As for the Aprilia 2T engines, I have an RS125 and I've ragged it pretty hard for the last 800 miles, apart from chewing the rear Dunlop GPR Alpha tyre, it seems healthier than ever.

But yeah, don't go saying stupid things and you'll be ok.

But yeah, wearing a race rep lid on L plates is retarded.
I would pay for one just to see the reaction you get from other bikers having an expensive replica helmet of a slightly unpopular F1 driver while riding a glorified moped. Get a plain helmet and save up to buy a proper bike, then get a Rossi helmet like you're meant to!
It's hard enough to get respect from the 'big' bikers riding on L-plates, even if you can keep up with them in the twisties. Having a gay lid will only make it worse. =/
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well you can hardly rag something which is limited to 30mph.

I dont know if you had a 50 before the 125 but if you did was it restricted? I very much doubt it. I have heard the RS50 run better when they are derestricted.

Hamilton Replica Helmet
(110 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG