The online racing simulator
Guess what I just got?
(43 posts, started )
Quote from Riders Motion :Man take a few pics of what LFS looks now and also we want some specccss (like FPS alone, with full grid etc.)

There's some sort of issue with FPS on LFS, I don't know for sure what the bottleneck is, but I get 35-40FPS at 5040x1050 with everything max'd.

LFS is the only game where my framerate didnt skyrocket.

rFactor went from 30ish to 50ish FPS at 5240x1050.

I can even play Age of Conan at 5040x1050 now... but at 1680x1050 I run with everything on the game max'd and I get 40-50FPS outdoors, 20ish FPS in towns.
@wtf im nameless

Just curious, can you post your pc's specs?

It's just, most likely your CPU is being bottleneck here. I got same fps with 3 screens when running E6600@3GHz and X1950XT with X1950 Pro, SoftTH+LFS that is. Haven't test with new setup..
Quote from wtf im nameless :There's some sort of issue with FPS on LFS, I don't know for sure what the bottleneck is, but I get 35-40FPS at 5040x1050 with everything max'd.

LFS is the only game where my framerate didnt skyrocket.

rFactor went from 30ish to 50ish FPS at 5240x1050.

I can even play Age of Conan at 5040x1050 now... but at 1680x1050 I run with everything on the game max'd and I get 40-50FPS outdoors, 20ish FPS in towns.

Are you using the test patches? He's changed they way he's using the GPU a little and it's supposed to help.

edit: I get the same in AoC with lesser specs. But I only run 1280x1024. 40-50 outdoors in most places, 100 in small instances, 20-30 in cities. I have everything on high (maxed out sliders save for grass draw distance at 500M) as well, bloom turned on as of the last patch.

Althon X2 6400+ (3.2Ghz)
4GB DDR2 800
nVidia 8800GTS 512 (G92)
#29 - Jakg
Did you read my post on me thinking the version of SoftTH might be the cause? I get a low-ish FPS for my system (when I was using SoftTH) which I think is caused by SoftTH.

Theres a new version (1.08) on the SoftTH forum which should improve performance.
I'm gonna try 1.08 later today... thanks for the advice so far guys!!
I know SoftTH doesn't work with SLI'd cards, but does it work with the dual core cards (which are kind of SLI but on one board)?
Quote from Crashgate3 :I know SoftTH doesn't work with SLI'd cards, but does it work with the dual core cards (which are kind of SLI but on one board)?

Dual core cards still have only 2 dvi ports, so it shouldn't be possible to use 3 monitors...maybe two.
You can use a GX2 with a cheap second card.. I think that's what he's getting at.. but between the GX2 and the GTX280 they're both really good, one performs better on some games while the other performs better on the rest of the games...
Yeah, that was what I was getting at

Does anyone know if there are any plans to release a dual-chip version of the GTX280?
probably not i think, than it would use to much power.. (1200W + with fast cpu etc)
My word, what an ugly computer arrangement.
Nice setup you have tehr but you are missing somethign important....

pink furry dice

A
Quote from wtf im nameless :I'm gonna try 1.08 later today... thanks for the advice so far guys!!

I tried for the first time 1.07 yesterday and then 1.08. FPS seemed about the same. However, I only did a bit of Tweaking.........

I have a 8800gt as my main card doing all the work and in my second slot I have my old 7900gt. Both are in PCI-E x16 slots. Windows XP montors are 1680x1050 main and 1280x1024 sides.

Tweaks i've tried.

I tried different settings with color. The RGB16D worked pretty well. New for version 1.08. I made sure I had Two monitors on my main card.

I also only have two monitors total to test with so I placed a vga cable to my vga input on the back of my lcd so the computer would see another monitor. *Note I am only testing softTH to see if getting a 3x span setup is worth it. 40 to 50 fps sometimes going as high as 55ish.

I went to the config and told softTH not to output the left stream from the secondary card to the left monitor using -1(-1 is the value for off. However, softTH does still create the whole resolution for the span) for left instead of 1 or 2 defining right as 2 so i had both right and middle monitors on one card. Same FPS results. Here is the weird part.... I decided to switch the cable from my right monitor to the secondary card then changed right output in softTH to 1 forcing the right output to go to the secondary card. FPS was 5 to 10 fps better. From what I understand sending output to the secondary card should make things slower since you are interacting more with the PCI-E bus. I did increase the frequency from 100 to 105 on this slot. I did not increase frequency on the slot where my main card is. I may try this though. Anybody know how far you can push the PCI-E bus before POOF!?!?!?

AAx8 and Anso x16 did not hit the FPS that hard at all. Nvidia Span worked well in Frame Rate terms, but the bezels in the middle of the view are just ARGGGG!

I'm really looking for a steady 60fps before I drop some cash on two more displays.

I will probably hook everything up again soon and try some more tweaking. If you guys have anything to add that can be tried I would like to hear it.
#41 - Jakg
I find that adding Bezel compensation (i.e. so that the image is spaced with the Bezels in mind) and using look-with-steer (or whatever it's called) makes it less obvious.

Playing with the PCI-e Frequency is a bit dodgy, as too high can kill a card. 110 MHz should be fine, but it's fas far as i'd push it (although on mine it's at 100 MHz).
i like his phone (on left), so much technological contrast.
Quote from chavm481 :i like his phone (on left), so much technological contrast.

Heheheh I wanted a corded phone in the car sim because the cordless phones always end up in different parts of the house.

Guess what I just got?
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG