The online racing simulator
Guess what I just got?
(43 posts, started )
Guess what I just got?

Nvidia GTX280

I'll post my thoughts once I get it installed.
clamydia?
money talks
oh that was you? aynway now that you mention it theres a lot of tft panel shittiness visible in that pic
You have a ps3, 4 xbox 360s, a huuuuge DLP screen with a sound system, a badassed cockpit, 3 monitors, an awesome computer, and now a top of the line Nvidia card?

Are you going to add a second card?
Quote from Scatter :You have a ps3, 4 xbox 360s, a huuuuge DLP screen with a sound system, a badassed cockpit, 3 monitors, an awesome computer, and now a top of the line Nvidia card?

Are you going to add a second card?

heheheh ok well it sounds bad when you say it all in one sentance...

lol, I like my gaming and movie watching, plus i'm in the audio/video industry so I just tell my wife it's to help with product knowledge

I'd love to add a second card but SoftTH doesnt support two cards.. thats the only reason I bought this one... I need as much horse power as I can get from a single card.. two cards won't work.

Give it a couple weeks though, welding gear will be here by then.. Who know's what the (very) near future holds? This is version 3 of my cockpit... version 4 might be coming soon
Quote from Shotglass :oh that was you? aynway now that you mention it theres a lot of tft panel shittiness visible in that pic

Since you're German and it's a known fact that Germany makes the best cars bar none, I can forgive you for always being so grumpy
Quote from wtf im nameless :the only reason I bought this one... I need as much horse power as I can get from a single card..

Well in that case, you should have gone with a 9800 GX2...
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Well in that case, you should have gone with a 9800 GX2...

Some tests the GX2 wins, some the GTX280 wins.. Nvidia said this is the last generation of single GPU cards they release.. once 2xGPU is the standard I think the support will be better and I will make the jump over to it then...
Quote from wtf im nameless :Nvidia GTX280

I'll post my thoughts once I get it installed.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, it seems the 9800 GX2 keeps up with the pace of that.
Quote from garph :I hate you.

But I am a fair man, so I'm will to accept any cast-offs you might have.

I won't lie. I LOL'd so hard that I almost spit the coffee out of my mouth. heheheheh

As for the card, I said i'd write what I thought of it on my first post.

So, my opinion of the GTX 280 to sum it up is "Holy crap" "OMG" and "WTF? Wow".

I cannot believe how much power this card has. Playing Age of Conan (single screen, high detail) my FPS went from 45 to 85.

That would be normal if my old card was, well, old.. but that is the improvement I got going from an 8800GTX to this GTX280.

Unfortunatly LFS is the only game that didnt benefit from this upgrade... the FPS didnt change at all, same 38-40 non stop, but at least I can raise the graphics to everything max'd.. Only problem is when playing LFS using SoftTH I get a problem with noise.. static type noise that is associated with engine RPM. Slower static at idle and it gets quicker during revs.

rFactor and GTR2 are smooth as butter, both playing at 5240x1050 with all details cranked... i'd say 50ish FPS.

I cannot wait for iRacing now...
Just out of interest how much did that cost?

The new ATI 4xxx Series is just round the corner too, will be interesting to see how that performs against this
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Well in that case, you should have gone with a 9800 GX2...

Also you can't forget that the current drivers don't even use the PhysX chip on the card.
#17 - Equi
2 ATI Radeon's 4870x2's and 2 ATI radeon 4870's. Witch will give me 6 GPU's together. Now that should be more than enough power.
Quote from wtf im nameless :Since you're German

The whole German thing is a front. I'm pretty convinced he's not German. Let's look at the facts:

1) He's got a sense of humour.
2) He's a misanthropic arsehole.
3) He hasn't tried to invade Poland.

I think he's probably English.
the poland bit is easily explained with the ski in my last name (although my father claims the i at the end is the german version in ex east prussia... according to the family tree my uncle once did it apparently came into the family though a polish peasant... german my bottom)
and i object to the assertion that i have a sense on humour
i do suck at football though so i might be english after all
Hi wtf, that's where I get all my stuff (Memory Express), do you live in Calgary as well?

Don't mention Porsches to Shot though he doesn't understand how sweet handling they are on normal roads; what with that low polar moment of inertia. I'm starting to think Kev is right!
beetles are the tn panels of the car industry
See what I mean?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Hi wtf, that's where I get all my stuff (Memory Express), do you live in Calgary as well?

Don't mention Porsches to Shot though he doesn't understand how sweet handling they are on normal roads; what with that low polar moment of inertia. I'm starting to think Kev is right!

yep, in calgary too nice to see another racer in the same city on a game like this
Indeed. As you can see by my join date I've been here for awhile, and you're the second person I've seen from Calgary. The first one that actually lives here!
Man take a few pics of what LFS looks now and also we want some specccss (like FPS alone, with full grid etc.)

Guess what I just got?
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG