The online racing simulator
XR GT - Final Lap Edition
(7 posts, started )
Today is a great day in the history of the very famous XR Grand Tourism, which I don't need to present anymore, produced by the firm Honyosanshi between 1987 and 1991.

Indeed, 17 years after the end of its production and a few days after their annoucement in which they stated that they will start a new sports car model based on the XR Grand Tourism and it's "big brother" the XR GT "Turbo", they unvealed a new edition of their emblematic sports car.

Called the "Final Lap Edition", it is a tribute to the car that made Honyosanshi start their production of sports car. It seems that it is a "remasterized" version of the original XR GT, in a neo-retro style, keeping the original design but with new materials and upgrades in order to sublimate the grace of the famous model.

See the XRG rear lights picture here

As you can see, the rear lights have had a new design in order to fit in the 2008 standards.

[g]Exterior[/g]

Not much has been done to the exterior, in order to keep the original design. They just change the front fog lights and the tail lights in order to keep up to the 2008 style and also because the first ones seemed too squarish for nowadays designers.

[g]Interior[/g]

See the XRG seats picture here

This pictures speaks for itself. As you can see, they totally changed the color pattern inside to a more luxurish one. The leather has been made and colored by an Italian designer. The beige is the standard color for luxury interiors since Great Britain insert it in some of its famous cars. However, the black is an excentricity to emphasize on the sporting aspect of the model. The new sides of the rear bench are made of carbon fiber, in order to keep the racey aspect in mind for the rear passengers, and also to help lighten the beast.

See the XRG dash picture here

As you can also see, the dashboard and the wheel have not been forgotten as well! the beige is still dominant here, and the wheel as been covered with black leather, with very stylish beige jointures which only begs us to grip it firmly and squeeze the gas pedal !
The carpets and the rear board have changed from grey to black, while the roof still is in beige.

See the XRG Central picture here.

The new equipments are just astonishing! Honyosanshi fitted the newest GPS system in order to display the clearest map of your streets (or your local track), as well as a very performant MP3 audio system. Finally, the four cassette players below have been replaced by a carbon fiber panel, holding the logos of the firm and the model.

They totally changed the gauges display from the old model. Instead of being a plastic model, it is now made of carbon fiber. Look at its beauty !. Also, the gauges are electronical and disappear when you cut the ignition off.

See the XRG Gauges picture here.

As a conclusion, for every XR series lover, this model should be yours! Especially for its prices (it is about €15.000 and $22.000)! Some rumors say that Honyosanshi will make a new XR GT Turbo edition. The colors we suggest when you buy this model are : Black (with black wheels), Dark Forest Green (with grey chrome wheels), Dark Orange (with black wheels) and red with yellow wheels.

Robin Zen.

___

Hope you enjoyed the presentation and the pictures I made this today from scratch because I love the XRG and wanted to make it look prettier without excessive modifications. The only thing I didn't make (and thus I give credit for) is the XR logo that I found of lfsmagazine website. Finally, the glow of the rear lights isn't a photoshop edit, it is part of the DDS. It is a very dark red outside glowing which shows up more when you hit the brakes (and lit the brake light) which sounds a bit more realistic.

Here are the DDS files. Just extract this in your LFS folder/data. You also gain an extra black skin with the XR logo on it !

Enjoy my edit, and feel free to comment
Attached files
XRG_Final Lap Edition Files.zip - 749.7 KB - 1340 views
#2 - halo
Thats nice Zen321! Its look like your modifications will bring an fresh look to old xrg, especially for interior, well done I appreciate your work, I do some skinning stuff myself too, and I know that this kind of things could take amazing deal of time, thank you for sharing with us.

PS. Could this dds files fit to XRR?
Hey !

Thanks for your warmful comment !

So, to reply : as the XRG and the XRT shares all of their interior textures and exterior textures (lights), the result is exactly the same for the XRT (wheel/gauges/seats, etc...). The only bad aspect is that the carbon plate with "XR GT" on it is the same for the two cars, and I can't change it, so the XRT will have "XR GT" in it, without "XR GT Turbo", but it is more a detail than a big deal/issue

For the XRR, just the dashboard is affect, as the interior model/texture is different. I have attached a screen of what it looks like (sorry for the distorsion, but it was made to see al of the interior at the same time!). The rear lights are, however, the same for the XRR/XRG/XRT.

I can also make the same modification for the XRR (at least something close to it) if you like, just let me know I think I found where was located the XRR front lights, so I can as well change them if you are interested (or upgrade them !)

Also, don't be afraid : Even if there are 2 textures called : FZ5_leather2 and FZ5_leather3, it doesn't change your FZ5 interior. I don't know why those apply to the XRT/XRG dashboard and not the FZ5 (I guess it is because some FZ5 revamp is being planned). Be sure that I will update the DDS if it creates a conflict somewhere, please just let me know
Attached images
XRR interior.jpg
#4 - halo
Thanks Zen321, its good to know that xrr can use your design. For the plate, its not a big deal for me, anyway maybe I can work around on this.
I will glad if you have time and can make some xrr stuff too for sure
I LOVE YOU!!! Finaaally normal car on demo!!!!
Nice Background story onur design
nice little "article" Zen
-
(bimbalas1) DELETED by Scawen : spam post and a reply to the spam post
-
(BeNoM) DELETED by Scawen : spam post and a reply to the spam post

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG