The online racing simulator
I know this is going to sound like an odd idea but here it goes
I've mentioned this on RSC but I guess i'll post this over here too.

How about adding a pickup or pickups to LFS?

Ok, before I get flammed over this, hear me out right now. Now, pickups are kind of known to be kind of tail happy and not really good handler's but IMO, the GMC Syclone/Typhone and Ford Lightning proved that wrong, along with countless others by manufactures and the aftermarket. My sugestion for a pickup is it needs to be AWD (not 4WD) or RWD, Regular Cab, and some sort of V8 (along with the sound). I know that would make LFS just a little bit more fun to play, plus it would open it up to more people (not rednecks or anyother people like that) who like trucks and enjoy driving them.

I thank you for taking your time and responding to my question in advance .

-NONo443
If you want to add "more fun to LFS" maybe you should go and get a S2 lisence, how can you, as a demo racer, know how fun LFS even is

Pickups are very American, they just arent popular here in Europe, they just dont suit here, and not on the track neither
#3 - Woz
Quote from Blackout :If you want to add "more fun to LFS" maybe you should go and get a S2 lisence, how can you, as a demo racer, know how fun LFS even is

Pickups are very American, they just arent popular here in Europe, they just dont suit here, and not on the track neither

The v8 pickups series is run in NZ and Australia as well. Its just people here can drive so they have tracks that need you to turn left and right.
in my opinion truck and pickup racing is just one of those things people do because they can.. akin to lawnmower racing.

like a lawnmower, a truck or a pickup may not make a very good race car, however get enough of them together and you can surely race them against each other.

[kinda O/T] i like what the dev's have done so far- i was even thinking about the future direction of LFS as far as cars go.. i feel that once a car/track creator/editor is introduced to LFS, it's most likely the day i'll leave! why? because suddenly ideas like this will be realised by fans making the cars themselves.. but 99% likely to be done not even half as well as the devs could do it!

anyway rant over
We have the V8 Brutes here in Australia which are quite popular (we call them Utes not pickups, hence the Br-utes )
They seem like they're quite fun to drive, the back end is light so they do get a little taily and provide some good racing.
If people think it's a good idea to race GTi's then I don't see why we shouldn't race utes.
its the kind of thing that'll come about after s3 i'm sure we've got a lot of ground to cover before we can think about the more 'interesting' things you can race. gonna have me a big white van tho'! with 'clean me' written across the back!
Quote from tailing :We have the V8 Brutes here in Australia which are quite popular (we call them Utes not pickups, hence the Br-utes )
They seem like they're quite fun to drive, the back end is light so they do get a little taily and provide some good racing.
If people think it's a good idea to race GTi's then I don't see why we shouldn't race utes.

That is what I was kind of talking about, no over the top huge lifted pickup, something small the the Holden Ute SS.
Quote from Blackout :If you want to add "more fun to LFS" maybe you should go and get a S2 lisence, how can you, as a demo racer, know how fun LFS even is

Hardy Har Har Har, i'am not ready to step up to the full part (havent be ready eversence around 02 neither, thats not really saying much).

Quote from Blackout :they just dont suit here, and not on the track neither

You should look at a video of the Brutes Series, you'll be shocked.
problem with utes are they are quite tail happy. as it stands the XRT is quite a tail happy beast, i would hate to see a 300kw ~1500kg front heavy ute on the same physics
I'd actually really like to see this in LFS. Racing something akin to the Ford Lightning (I know its crap, but I dont care) around BLGP, for instance, would be a lot of fun I suspect Yeah, they'd be tail happy, but its a case of driving them. Plus we could always have the option of loading the rear with balast, perhaps?
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :problem with utes are they are quite tail happy. as it stands the XRT is quite a tail happy beast, i would hate to see a 300kw ~1500kg front heavy ute on the same physics

When my XR-T did that, I just up'ed the anti-roll. With a pickup, like you can with the XR-T, I think some weight in the back would be a good idea to go with it too.
Quote from NONo443 :When my XR-T did that, I just up'ed the anti-roll. With a pickup, like you can with the XR-T, I think some weight in the back would be a good idea to go with it too.

If you put weight to back to not make it tail happy, whats the point then? It would be same as XRT then...if I had to have something from Australia to LFS I would rather take V8 Supercars
#13 - Gunn
If it hasn't got a dog in the back it's not a real Ute anyway. :spike:
#14 - Woz
I would love to see a ford/holden type V8 and also V8 UTE. Since moving down under and getting to see this sort of racing I have started to get into it
There's a lot of paint surface for skinning in a pickup, though. Otherwise, I couldn't care less. Apart from that, better gameplay should be higher priority than more cars, and we already have too many cars for current amount of players. (see the attachment)
Attached images
car_stats.jpg
lol@ american pickups.

lets build a tailhappy light torquey v8 car with terrible suspension and no safety features.

they do sell very well there though!

For the Aussies it seems to be better, i`ve never actually seen an aussie pickup here, though i have seen (and heard) a F150 deathtrap. (ironic given the driving on the left here)

Thanks also for the correct spelling of ute. I had imagined yute, despite knowing the abbreviation, and watching the ute racing on the trackside highlights show (its on motors tv)

OT I love those "aussie racing cars". I want one in LFS! they look sooooo twitchy.
We know how to build a useful machine down here. As the legend goes, a farmer in the 1930s wanted a vehicle versatile enough to take Mum to church on Sunday and take the pigs to market on Monday. After modifying a two-seat flat-bed truck, the first Ford Ute was born. For the record, Oz also invented the rotary lawnmower, the black box flight recorder, penicillin (don't listen to the Brits, it was our mouldy sandwich) and Jack Brabham.

"Ute" is short for "utility", meaning that it's useful for stuff. Nothing like those so-called "Sports Utility" Vehicles, which are mainly used for transporting rich kids in blazers or trying to kill pedestrians and cyclists in the suburbs. Down Here we call them Toorak Tractors (Toorak is an affluent suburb of Melbourne). The drivers are colourfully referred to as "psychopathic uppity bitch trophy-wives".

Ever seen the monstrosity known as the Chevy Suburban? It's the most hilariously mis-named vehicle in the world! I'm surprised you don't need a truck license to drive the stupid thing. You need a stepladder to get up in it and several mirrors, all pointing downwards, to see all of your blind spots. An income similar to that of a Saudi king is required to run the thirsty beast. Bystanders on the street point and laugh when they see what it's called, and often ask "what suburb are you from - Alaska?"
along the lines of this?
Attached images
XRR TEO.JPG
LOL pimp'd!
I'd love to see that thing cruising Chapel St on friday night
lol,

wouldn't it look great as a render?
This is the only pickup i want in LFS..

lol,

thats um........ big! *cough*
#23 - Goop
Aussie Racing Cars, hell yes. Single seat, motorcycle engine/gearbox, fibreglass body. Kinda like an MRT only much funkier

As for the Brutes, last time I checked in it was pretty silly. Lot of crashing and silly moves and bad driving.
sounds like a demo server.
Quote from Gunn :If it hasn't got a dog in the back it's not a real Ute anyway. :spike:

What? I put the dog in the front seat! The wife goes in the back.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG