The online racing simulator
When you buy LFS...?
(31 posts, started )
When you buy LFS...?
Hi All

When you buy LFS S2 - you obviously get 'S2 Licensed' usergroup. If and when S3 comes out - do we need to pay more money or do we automatically get upgraded to the S3 Licensed usergroup?

Thanks.
You are in the s2 group. When S3 comes out you go to s3 licenced when u buy it duh
thats what he wants to know luke ^^

@SCORacer, yes you need to pay for the upgrade if you want to have it
#6 - AMB
Quote from Luke.S :The devs said them selves there will be an S3 so there

Not in the near future though.
Kinda' rubbish you need to pay for an upgrade.

If S3 is not till the near future, why are we on Z now then?
#8 - AMB
Testing..... bugs etc, and I doubt S3 would be out in the next year, i'd guess at about 2 years lol.
#9 - Jakg
Just because the alphabet only only has 26 letters in no way means S3 will be out soon.

And it really is "rubbish" you have to pay £12 to go from S2 to S3 when you'd need to pay more than that a month for iRental or from GTR2 -> GTRRevo etc...
If you're waiting to buy until S3 then you'll have a fair wait.

Like most, I don't see S3 coming for a while yet.
Quote from SCORacer :Hi All

When you buy LFS S2 - you obviously get 'S2 Licensed' usergroup. If and when S3 comes out - do we need to pay more money or do we automatically get upgraded to the S3 Licensed usergroup?

Thanks.

The licences refer to the amount of content you are entitled to use. So an S1 licence can still be used today, but only with certain cars. When S3 is released, us S2 users have to pay the difference in order to access the S3-level content. A demo user would have to pay the full amount from scratch.

However all users can use the latest build of LFS - which is currently 0.5Z. So let's suppose S3 comes along in five years time and (strictly hypothetically! ) has dynamic weather and lighting, fully deformable cars, LMP cars and a rally pack. An S1 or S2 user would still benefit from the dynamic weather, lighting and deformable cars as they are part of the build, but wouldn't have access to the LMP and rally cars as they are part of the content.
Quote from Jakg :Just because the alphabet only only has 26 letters in no way means S3 will be out soon.

And it really is "rubbish" you have to pay £12 to go from S2 to S3 when you'd need to pay more than that a month for iRental or from GTR2 -> GTRRevo etc...

Once again Jack is totaly correct.
Quote from Jakg :Just because the alphabet only only has 26 letters in no way means S3 will be out soon.

today latest is Live for Speed S2 ALPHA Z After that there will be probably Live For Speed S2 BETA A and so on....

//But why not? After beta maybe RC and GOLD.

And that means 26 + 26 + 26 = 78 patches before S3
#14 - Jakg
Again - because the alphabet runs out of characters S2 magically has to become Beta?

I doubt it somehow.
Quote from Jakg :Again - because the alphabet runs out of characters S2 magically has to become Beta?

I doubt it somehow.

Well what comes after alpha? Beta! Makes sense.
#16 - Jakg
Beta comes when software isn't Alpha any more. Not when you run out of letters.
anyone thought it of:
x, y, z, aa, ab, ac, ad, ae, etc
Quote from Nick. :Well what comes after alpha? Beta! Makes sense.

There's nothing to say alpha is finished 'when the letters run out'.

Are you saying it should be released unfinished because of an arbitrary language protocol concocted hundreds of years ago?
How do you know alpha is not finished?

What do you expect from beta? I think if alpha is ready there wont be big changes made.

Edit.
How do you know next wont be beta?
Because it's still alpha.
#21 - Jakg
Quote from Elevant :How do you know alpha is not finished?
What do you expect from beta? I think if alpha is ready there wont be big changes made.

Alpha = Feature Incomplete, Bugs.

Beta - Feature Complete, Bugs.

RC = Feature Complete, searching for bugs.

Final = Feature complete, hopefully no bugs.

You saying that the alphabet decides when LFS hits each stage?
I´ll just shut up, when i´m not shure what i´m talking about

Maybe older users can talk How S1 became S2?

But i think lfs is controlled by alphabet.illepall
The children of your children will probably be S3 Licensed. Not you I guess.
Quote from Jakg :Alpha = Feature Incomplete, Bugs.

Beta - Feature Complete, Bugs.

RC = Feature Complete, searching for bugs.

Final = Feature complete, hopefully no bugs.

You saying that the alphabet decides when LFS hits each stage?

The Greek Alphabet does
Well we are on 0.5Z Alpha ... 0.6A Alpha could be next Will probably be a very long wait until S3. I wonder how S3 will compare to other sims as I am sure there would be atleast 1 or 2 new ones in the next few years

When you buy LFS...?
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG