The online racing simulator
DFP making game lag?? Help needed
Ever since i Installed my logitech dfp, i noticed that every 20 seconds or so the game (or any game for that matter while the dfp is plugged in) lags briefly, jumps from frame to frame for a second or so.
It is one of the most annoying things ever and it makes playing LFS really hard.

Has anyone come across this problem before? I have the right software installed and it worked ok for a little while and then became bad pretty quick

thanks in advance
#2 - Noccy
Did u add any USB-devices recently?
Had the exact same with a DFP when i plugged in a USB-headset.
Seems many USB-controllers can't cope with more than one fast polling device.

Other causes could be changed drivers or hardware faults (overheating can cause stuttering fe.)
This is the only thing thats been added for a long time

Can it have anything to do with the fact that all 4 usb ports are filled currently?
Quote from rizzors25 :This is the only thing thats been added for a long time

Can it have anything to do with the fact that all 4 usb ports are filled currently?

yes the DFP uses alot of power for it to work and so does the G25.
With 4 things plugged in all the power is going to ther places, so the DFP tryes to suck more power therefore causes PC to lag or Tv to freeze (is in same socket as PC)

Hope this helped
Quote from 91mason91 :yes the DFP uses alot of power for it to work and so does the G25.
With 4 things plugged in all the power is going to ther places, so the DFP tryes to suck more power therefore causes PC to lag or Tv to freeze (is in same socket as PC)

Hope this helped

Most new computers have more then ONE usb-controller.. i for one have 2 separate controllers to my front usb's.. so that shouldn't be the reason.

Haha.. excuse me, have to laugh again. HAHA! How the h*** should the pc be able to draw so much juice from the poweroutlet, to make ur TV freeze?! plls explain that to me.. ur comp can NEVER use more power then ur PSU can provide..
the wheel uses lots of power.
I have my PC, Digi box and my Tv crammed into one extension cable.
SO when my wheel calibrates or you turn violently it causes lag as it draws power from all the other hardware?

get me ?
Quote from 91mason91 :yes the DFP uses alot of power for it to work and so does the G25.

Hope this helped

Hmm, dunno about that one

I got mah G25 plugged in, mah USB headset, mah USB wireless mouse and mah USB keyboad (not wireless) and it works. Only problem is sometimes when I plug in my USB cable for my phone, I have to unplug the G25 because it'll overload the USB ports. That may be the problem here.
well it happens to me.
Maybe my power outlets are dying
Quote from 91mason91 :well it happens to me.
Maybe my power outlets are dying

maybe its just ur PSU that is weak? 'cause i have two computers, one amplifier, one lamp, my gf's hairdryer in the same poweroutlet.. nothing happends anywhere in my apartment.. still dont get it how ur TV can freeze when u use ur comp :S

edit: forgot some things. 2 mobilechargers, a wheel, my gf's bass for the comp audio system and more then all that she sometimes plugs in a sewing machine.. IN THE SAME OUTLET.. *brr* scary, happends nothing here... must be ur psu..
2 month bump!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :2 month bump!

Well yeah? It aint locked, and i have been thinking about it for a long time wtf the problem can be.. does it annoy you?
It happens to me with my G25, however, it isn't ALL the time.

I get about a 15-20fps reduction when I turn the wheel or press one of the pedals, I tried EVERYTHING to fix it, but nothing does, it's there to stay, and something I have sorta learnt to live with.

FTR, my DFP never had the same problem.
i remember at the ATC lan party, i was using a DFP on my cousins laptop and the game was so unplayable. but my cousin was able to use a saitek R440 with no issues at all. me finx it's a power issue. if you have a usb 2.0 hub, you could try to connect via that.
Tried powered hubs, non powered, on it's own, direct into PC, still the same.
the power supply to the wheel may be faulty.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG