The online racing simulator
Racing Trucks in LFS
(91 posts, started )
God these stupid idea's make me sick. It's so obvious that lots of you really don't know how much time it takes to create a car in LFS.
It's just a team of 3.. so i think if they would make a new car, it would be something sensefull (like the scirocco ) instead of all them ideas of ''3 wheelers, dragsters, all the drift cars'' and so on.. even though i like drifting. And those were only a few examples, which have been asked for so many times.
Quote from Stiggie :God these stupid idea's make me sick. It's so obvious that lots of you really don't know how much time it takes to create a car in LFS.
It's just a team of 3.. so i think if they would make a new car, it would be something sensefull (like the scirocco ) instead of all them ideas of ''3 wheelers, dragsters, all the drift cars'' and so on.. even though i like drifting. And those were only a few examples, which have been asked for so many times.

I'd rather have 1 trully new vehicule that brings diversity to the game than 10 time the same car with slight variation like the sirocco.
True, but it's a racing game.. and i think a racing truck will only be fun to drive a few times, to discover that it drives like crap. And i don't think the racing tracks at the moment are quite large enough for such a huge truck. So then there will have to be a new track and all, making it even more complicated and idiotic as it is.
And as a result, they will still just go back to the normal cars.
Quote from Stiggie :True, but it's a racing game.. and i think a racing truck will only be fun to drive a few times, to discover that it drives like crap. And i don't think the racing tracks at the moment are quite large enough for such a huge truck. So then there will have to be a new track and all, making it even more complicated and idiotic as it is.
And as a result, they will still just go back to the normal cars.

The handling of one car and the fun you get with it are quite disconnected. It's a matter of preferences actually. I tend to enjoy cars that handle like a coffin.

For the track width most are large enough. Some of them are even too large for any cars in that game. Are there any significantly wider track IRL than westhill or aston?
Quote from Maelstrom :The speed limiter could be optional.

I'd love race truck. Actually I'd even prefer having the road version + the race one.

The speed limiter shouldn't really be optional, it's a major realism aspect of it. Hopefully it would work like the pit limiter on the racing cars, not like the rF mod where it's a gearing limitation which allows you to speed by a few K's and get away with it.

As for the development time argument, with the current system it would be a problem but if this were to take place it wouldn't be an issue (even more unlikely than the trucks I know).
-1 here. I dont like truck racing.
Quote from BoyGTA :-1 here. I dont like truck racing.

I personally love the idea. Maybe not because I like it, but because others do, and it sounds like fun (Even though I've never done it before.)

Just because you don't like it others might like it, so why have a negative.

- +1
What kind of truck do you want to have, there are MANY!! different trucks..
Quote from aroX123 :What kind of truck do you want to have, there are MANY!! different trucks..

BTRC/FIA ETRC style flat nose trucks.
The fact that they handle like crap is kind of the point of Racing Trucks. I'd rather learn to drive something that had a bit of challenge to it instead of a 'perfect' car that was just on rails.

Although obviously I've never driven a real one, the rTractor (ho ho, you really can call it that with the truck mod ) mod and that German MRTB Truck Racing game from a few years ago are really good fun to drive - they just feel so wonderfully *kinetic*.
i want a dakar type truck (kamaze)!!!!!!!!! thats my dream rig.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :There's no reason for it, just personally I'm against it. Not like I'd run around screaming "ZOMG LFS IS NOOB" if they did, I'd probbably enjoy them but I'd rather have more cars.

Fair enough, each to their own and all that.

Quote from Stiggie :God these stupid idea's make me sick. It's so obvious that lots of you really don't know how much time it takes to create a car in LFS.

Whoo, easy tiger! It is irrelevant how long it takes to make something, if enough people request it (and the Dev's listen to what their customers want) then it should be included. Granted, some ideas are a bit daft, but give me a valid reason why trucks cannot be considered an option?

Quote from Stiggie :True, but it's a racing game.. and i think a racing truck will only be fun to drive a few times, to discover that it drives like crap.

It is indeed a racing game, and why should trucks be left out? We've already got hatchbacks, saloons, touring cars, single seaters, rally and autocross. Adding trucks would seperate LFS further away from the norm by offering its players an even wider selection of toys to play with. Which leads me nicely onto...
Quote from Crashgate3 :The fact that they handle like crap is kind of the point of Racing Trucks. I'd rather learn to drive something that had a bit of challenge to it instead of a 'perfect' car that was just on rails.

Exactly. Racing trucks use normal road tyres. They screach about the tracks and are lairy, wallowing pigs of a vehicle. Excellent fun. Personally, I can see the appeal of hooning about in something weighing 10 tonnes, tyres squealing as they stuggling to stay in a straight line whilst 500+bhp and 2000lb.ft of torque is shoved through the rear wheels. It'll be interesting to see how LFS' physics engine deals with that.

Quote from BoyGTA :-1 here. I dont like truck racing.

You could at least give a valid reason.
I'd love to see them!
±0

I can think of countless things I'd rather have the devs work on other than... trucks.
Quote from Maelstrom :I'd rather have 1 trully new vehicule that brings diversity to the game than 10 time the same car with slight variation like the sirocco.

I need a buggy. Really.
And a motorcycle, if possible
i can see it now , ( crash server ) uf1 vs this
Years ago, I played some kind of truck racing game, Mercedes trucks there mostly if I remember right and I loved driving them on the track. New drift vehicle also? DoriftoTrucks

+1

Flip bro what's your issue, if you dont like the suggestions keep your stupid comments to yourself and stay off of the forum, no body forced you to read the posts
Quote from Shadowww :I need a buggy. Really.
And a motorcycle, if possible

Or you can buy the game and enjoy an extra like 18* cars!
Starting braking under the bridge at the Blackwood Backstraight?

Sign me up!
Stupid idea, what's next - lawnmowers?

Who the f**k watches truck racing? Nobody.

Let's get our devlopers fixed on some worthwhile physic recreations, not these Codemaster gimmicks.

Racing Trucks in LFS
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG