The online racing simulator
Race Track Density per Country
(56 posts, started )

Poll : Average driving distance to the 3 closest tracks you visit regularly.

100-199 km
<100 km
500+ km
300-399 km
200-299 km
400-499 km
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Quite a few real life Finnish tracks have been made for rF.

Quote from BigPeBe :Hmm, Alastaro, Ahvenisto, Botniaring, Kemora. Keimola also, unfortunately not in use anymore. I think these all are pretty good tracks.

But they're all small club tracks with quite bad infrastructure. That's why I said "proper", they're nice small club tracks and proper in that way but far from international level.
Quote from deggis :But they're all small club tracks with quite bad infrastructure. That's why I said "proper", they're nice small club tracks and proper in that way but far from international level.

Alastaro is not far from international level at all. They used to run FIA European Truck Racing there. You could easily run DTM there aswell, so in my opinion it's as international as it gets, before becoming a Formula 1 circuit.
Quote from deggis :But they're all small club tracks with quite bad infrastructure. That's why I said "proper", they're nice small club tracks and proper in that way but far from international level.

Well, only thing what I really mind is how they feel to drive, so maybe that's why we don't share the same opinion here. I know that there is much more better tracks out in the world, but ie. Ahvenisto I think is way better as a "club" track than average club tracks are.
Quote from BigPeBe :Well, only thing what I really mind is how they feel to drive, so maybe that's why we don't share the same opinion here. I know that there is much more better tracks out in the world, but ie. Ahvenisto I think is way better as a "club" track than average club tracks are.

I then again do not care how they drive because I will probably never even visit the tracks I repeat that the club tracks are proper in a way, especially Ahvenisto like you said, but not proper for international events.

But having at least one international level race could not hurt... WTCC for example could be possible - if there was a place to race.

AKK has tried to revive Helsinki street track that was used in the mid 90's for DTM and FIA GT but new buildings make it now impossible. And it wouldn't be a permanent track anyway.

And building a permanent track will always fall down to some Greenpeace shit like the track are being near a flying squirrel's living space or something like that.
1. Zolder 8km
2. Spa-Francorchamps around 100km
Donington - 8 miles
Mallory Park - 20 miles
Rockingham - 30 miles
Silverstone - 50 miles
Santa Pod - 50 miles
Bedford - about 60 miles
Cadwell - 70 miles
Snetterton - 120 miles
Dunsfold - 140 miles
Brands Hatch - 140 miles