The online racing simulator
LFS Benchmark
(139 posts, started )
#26 - jmkz
are there PCs where LFS doesn't run smoothly on? any $500 PC will run it at max quality
Quote from jmkz :are there PCs where LFS doesn't run smoothly on? any $500 PC will run it at max quality

Erm... No, it would be this notebook
I just wanna know how much FPS can I expect.
Is there presently a LFS benchmark around that I can use? The links for the one in this thread are down, naturally because it's so old. I'd like to benchmark my system since overclocking and getting a great GPU.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Erm... No, it would be this notebook

I just wanna know how much FPS can I expect.

Dude, that is extreme overkill for LFS, you can run it with all addon's and maximum graphics....I dunno why you'd even ask, unless maybe you're new to computers?
Quote from DHRammstein :I dunno why you'd even ask, unless maybe you're new to computers?

No, I just wanna be sure
Toki's computer: Poor -------------| Best.
Better now?
#31 - vari
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Sorry for the huge bump, but it would have been useless to open another topic...

I've noticed that LFS Benchmark site is down... I wanted to check how much FPS would I get with my new comp..

Any news? Being updated or what?

We don't have a suitable host at this time

edit: seems that there's hope now though
Wasn't the LFS benchmark horribly outdated anyway? Not that I didn't like it or anything, but what is its use if it's not compatible with the latest patch and therefore graphics engine changes?
#33 - vari
Quote from AndroidXP :Wasn't the LFS benchmark horribly outdated anyway? Not that I didn't like it or anything, but what is its use if it's not compatible with the latest patch and therefore graphics engine changes?

Last update was for patch V before the site went down. If you mean that the site wasnt updated when it was down you'd be correct.

We've made new replays after each major patch. Sometimes it has taken longer than it should but we've still done it eventually.

We got a new host and the site should be up in few days. We'll update to patch Z of course.
Great news
So is there a benchmark available, or can someone create one? I figure one lap around South City Long should be good, that will strain the most right?
Quote from DHRammstein :So is there a benchmark available, or can someone create one? I figure one lap around South City Long should be good, that will strain the most right?

A benchmark site already exists, its creators are looking for a host right now. That's why it's unavailable now.
#37 - vari
Quote from Töki (HUN) :A benchmark site already exists, its creators are looking for a host right now. That's why it's unavailable now.

Site isn't up just yet but here's the new replay file for patch z we're going to use if you need/want one now.

http://vari.1g.fi/lfsbench-z.zip

Still FBM/Blackwood for demo compatibility.
#38 - VoiD
Quote from vari :...Still FBM/Blackwood for demo compatibility.

Why not mixed with XFG, XRG and FBM..?
Site is back up!
Updated to 0.5Z and added a few new graphics cards.

Post your benchmarks, people!
#40 - vari
Here's the url just in case http://lfsbench.iron.eu.org/

Quote from VoiD :Why not mixed with XFG, XRG and FBM..?

There's the speed difference. XFG and XRG would be so much slower that pretty soon there'd be very few cars to render?

Maybe it's time to change it a bit though (resolution for example) for the next update. I'll make a poll before that.
Wooooo, time to come in 4th with what I thought was the best pc ever.
CasseBent, there's always someone faster I am top for the moment!

I think res should be increased to 1280x1024, it would make it a more relevant benchmark imo.
True, this benchmark is pretty much stretching my CPU's legs, and memory bandwidth, that's about it. We're pretty much comparing CPU's rather than entire systems(CPU/GPU). Not many are posting, the majority of us should have 300-600fps. I'm running an Athlon64 6400+BE OC'd 3.2-3.5, still not a match for the high-end Intel chips, once I build my next system I'll post, my CPU will prevent me from doing very well...I mean it's a good CPU, especially considering the price, I just mean, one E8x00 or quad core and I'm smoked, and forget about a Qx heh..I'll be getting the 9550, can't wait till it's all done, I wonder what it can pull in LFS, with a single 9600GTOC... second will be down the road, to future proof it.
About 1280 res, my monitor actually doesn't even support it

southamptonfc, what's your cooling system by the way? 4.275 is pretty nice o/c for this cpu.
mines at 1280.
Quote from Fox 2 :About 1280 res, my monitor actually doesn't even support it

southamptonfc, what's your cooling system by the way? 4.275 is pretty nice o/c for this cpu.

I've had it higher than that but I can't make it stable without danger levels of heat or vcore so 4.13 is what I run at 100% stable.

I have a thermalrite ultra120 extreme with a nice big case with lots of fans.
For some reason I can't register. It sais: Error. Failed sending e-mail to <address>
#48 - vari
Quote from DHRammstein :True, this benchmark is pretty much stretching my CPU's legs, and memory bandwidth, that's about it. We're pretty much comparing CPU's rather than entire systems(CPU/GPU). Not many are posting, the majority of us should have 300-600fps. I'm running an Athlon64 6400+BE OC'd 3.2-3.5, still not a match for the high-end Intel chips, once I build my next system I'll post, my CPU will prevent me from doing very well...

LFS itself has always been like that. The GPU doesn't matter much at all, however with patch Z this has changed a bit it seems. The resolution doesnt matter much at least with my system but maybe someone can confirm this? edit: Doesn't matter with AA/AF disabled but does matter quite a bit with them maxed out.

What do you mean with 'the majority of us should have 300-600 fps'?

This isn't a competition btw or at least never meant to be one. The idea is to provide some information what kind of systems do well if someone is planning on upgrading and also to give some idea for the devs how LFS performs with various systems should they need it. Therefore a result posted with a low end system is just as valuable if not more than with a high end one in my opinion.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :For some reason I can't register. It sais: Error. Failed sending e-mail to <address>

Confirmed, we'll take a look at it. Thanks
One thing i find bizzare about LFS running this benchmark is the contrast between an Intel System and an AMD system.

Take a look at any of the Intel systems and compare it to rc10racers or my own.

http://lfsbench.iron.eu.org/?c=completemax

Somthing really not right here. I know AMD are slower but not that much slower.
It used to be the case that AMDs were better for gaming, comparing Athlons to P4s. But it's all changed now.

My pc (boola in the charts) does super pi 1M in 11sec. My P4 3.2 extreme used to do it in 36, so for raw number crunching power my new computer is 3x faster and lfs is completely cpu bound in that benchmark.

Try a super pi and see what time you get... The numbers in the lfsbench look fairly believable to me.

ftp://pi.super-computing.org/windows/super_pi.zip

LFS Benchmark
(139 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG