The online racing simulator
A Simple Request for a Addon to LFS
Hi,

I am about to ask for a mod that will get me flamed, scolded and completely humiliated (well, if the past tells anything about it). But still I will do it. I am asking for an addon that will help on CRUISE servers.

Now, what I am requesting is something that will also make the game more realistic. In normal cars, when you turn on a light signal, it continues to stay on until you turn to a certain degree in the other direction. In LFS, how it works is that the light stays on until you turn it off. So I wanted a mod that could do this:

-When the light is turned on it stays on (no need to hold it. I know you don't have to now)

-It automatically turns off after the wheel turns back within 30 degrees of straight turning
EX:- If you hit the left signal and take a left turn. After you start to turn back, once it gets back within 15 degrees of straight, the light automatically turns off.

-Only the emergency light is not affected

-The turn light off button still works

-If it matters, I need this to work for the DFP. Maybe it will work no matter what wheel or mouse or keyboard, I don't know. But I need it to work for the DFP.

Also, while this would help the cruise servers the most, it would still make the overall game more realistic. I was thinking about putting this in the improvement section, but I understand that there are more important things to be done in the game before this, so I was hoping one of you addons gods could help me out.

Also, I realize that the cruise thing is not very popular within the die-hard racing fans of LFS. Please, if you think that this is stupid or something to that effect, do not post. On the other hand, if you have constructive criticism, please feel free to post.

Thanks,
Shashdev

P.S. I am not trying to do this since I have no idea how to start or to code or anything like that. Please, try to understand.
#2 - CSU1
...the tik-tik sound is mentioned in the log but nothing of this auto-off.

tik-tik auto off.

+1
Although not a 'cruiser' as such, I occasionaly spend an hour or so on LTC and would welcome this addon. Seems simple enough to code as well.

IF Indicator Left/Right = On, Steering Angle =+30Degrees, When Steering =-30Degrees, Indicator Left/Right = Off

See, master coder already.
yes but you have to write something to find out if the indicator is on..

and also how far the steering wheel in-car is turned..

would be alot easier if it was for say, G25, and just use a macro converter but yeh

nice idea though..
I was really hoping that somone could do this. I don't think this is that big a bump (at least I hope not). Since no one seems to be trying it, I do have a question:

Is it hard to make this (like requires tweaking LFS) or is it actually pretty easy, in which case, I am just try to request through PM one of the geniuses in LFS?

Thanks,
Shashdev
#6 - Tommy
Well detecting if indicator is on is near impossible - no outgauge or insim packets contain such info. but that can be done such way that indicators will be turned on by other buttons, while app will press coresponding buttons according to current status.

But the main problem is turning them off - again no insim or outgauge packets contain information about how much steering wheel is turned nor direction. That can be done in a way gps guess direction of driving - by taking position and comparing it to last position to get direction of drive - it could compute degree of turn as well.

I had an idea to make auto-pilot for cruise servers for my MSc and that was my idea to get direction of cruise, but thats a long story...

Back to topic: its not that easy as it seems

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG