(124 posts, started )

Poll : LFS needs slower ( updated ) chicanes

Agree
Other.....
Dont agree
agree
This poll is thoroughly useless.
(+1)
Quote from AndroidXP :This poll is thoroughly useless.
(+1)

Well, I think it's clearly making a statement so far.
Very good idea !!

Awesome track design!
Quote from SauberDrifter :Awesome track design!

Indeed, it is quite awesome.

1) What you display is blatant track cutting
2) This is not in a 'grey zone', so admin action would be imminent
3) This is only possible/feasible due to incomplete physics and damage model

This thread is about badly designed chicanes, not places where you can cut the track in a major way and be faster. It's about chicanes that effectively don't slow you down and encourage you to cut them in a technically legal but normally impossible (due to damage) way.
cutting it like that isnt even faster :P
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :normally you would have no suspension anymore

Then would the problem be solved if we had realistic suspension damage?
Quote from wsinda :Then would the problem be solved if we had realistic suspension damage?

This thread goes about chicanes being realistic compair to real life not about the suspension model from lfs
Quote from wsinda :Then would the problem be solved if we had realistic suspension damage?

To some extent, yes, but it still doesn't solve that some chicanes have a too small slow down effect.
Quote from AndroidXP :What you display is blatant track cutting

it isnt according to a large number of forum members and ron dennis

oh as for the topic... +juan
+500000000000000000000000000000000%

on that rudy. i hope the devs just listen to us and change it significantly.
no
indeed, Blackwood doesn't even have a chicane that would count as badly designed. Oddly placed maybe, but the chicane itself is fine.
oops
I was responding to rusty, so...
I agree in that we should have proper chicanes, like the one from the picture
+ a number so high al the cumputer power in the world canot display it
+1

100th 'Agree' voter.
+0,8

its deff true that chicanes at fern bay got some arcade style, but its not the worst thing, thing that makes me mad is consequence of the hit, car shouldnt fly allover the place after hitting a goddamn tyre.
and its not just about luck to drive them fast, if think its a skill to control what others call a luck. so... i agree with modifying SOME of the chicanes, with comparing a consequences of a hit in LFS and real live, that what suc the most
+1, great idea, i hope devs are looking for fix that!
That Eau Rouge one is too bumpy in my opinion and the incline/decline at the top and on entry is too steep as most cars bottom out and him the rather large verge on the top shortly followed my a massive bump, im all for bumps but to have them somewhere you know for a fact a real circuit wouldn't to stop carnage is a bit of a joke IMO
Do you talk about the Aston turn?
If yes, i think its not at all like the Raidillon at Spa...
Its possible to pass the real Raidillon at full throttle, but impossible for the aston turn...
A turn like the real one would be great in LFS!
Hope you understand me, my english is sooooooo bad
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :That Eau Rouge one is too bumpy in my opinion and the incline/decline at the top and on entry is too steep as most cars bottom out and him the rather large verge on the top shortly followed my a massive bump, im all for bumps but to have them somewhere you know for a fact a real circuit wouldn't to stop carnage is a bit of a joke IMO

Well, that's because it isn't supposed to be the Eau Rouge. Using that name for that corner leads to expectations that can't be satisfied with that corner. That set of corners is much more like the Cork Screw at Laguna if you must compare to a RL track. It is much slower and much steeper than Eau Rouge. And it isn't really a chicane either; it is part of the track dictated by the natural terrain (if electronic Digital Terrain Models can be considered "natural" ).

The first chicane/corners at KY3 are awesome. They slow you down and are tough to get right.

There are chicanes out there that are taken at stupid speeds that nobody would ever do in real life... and this is done because curb hopping and straitening out those chicanes is possible. If they were deeper chicanes, then those things wouldn't be as much of a problem.

I also hate the chicane on AS3 (and other configs). But that is because it is hard to get right, not so much because it is a cheesy design per se.

Proper chicanes
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG