The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :I've explained a few times, that anything we mention that is planned, or a possibility, or something we might like to do at some time, soon becomes, in the eyes of many readers, a promise that we have made, and is later held against us when the feature is not done in the time scale imagined by the reader.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=860722#post860722

So we don't know anything what awaits us until we get it... Has always been so and I don't think that the devs will change that.
#52 - Gunn
Quote from 5haz :Things would go so much faster if the communtiy was allowed to help develop the sim.

We've all heard similar comments to this along the way, and the fact is, members of the community do help to develop LFS. There have been many individuals who have contributed ideas, content, and other means of support that allow things to happen that otherwise may not have happened. It's an underlying trend in the development of this sim. While it isn't exactly "public" involvement (or on a big scale), it still does occur.
Quote from BBO@BSR :That's why I wrote that on the first page of this thread:

and i did it again because people never click on links with further informations...
or bother to read the whole thread
-
(aroX123) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam
-
(JJ72) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam
-
(Dajmin) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam
Question
In the "skins_x" folder from my game there is a file named "XFG_Golf2GTIBoris", it's a DDS file.

What is this? Golf II GTI in LFS?
Quote from Max Belgium :In the "skins_x" folder from my game there is a file named "XFG_Golf2GTIBoris", it's a DDS file.

What is this? Golf II GTI in LFS?

Skins_x contains the car skins you downloaded when racing online. It's just the skinname.
Quote from r8response :SO Ghetto, i can just see it now. everyone stuck in pits when your tyres are stolen

That would be awesome! Instead of animated pit crews we'll get animated thugs stealing your wheels.
Quote from Becky Rose :Just a joke about the fabbled reliability of German cars being a long way from the reality, although VW aren't too bad, didn't meen to touch a nerve!

No you didn't touch a nerve , I just found it weird since I've owned two VW, for 4-5 years each, and the rest of my family has also owned 5 more VW cars without a single problem.
#59 - ste_
Quote from Crashgate3 :The general agreement is that the devs don't let out 'snippets' because they start rumours which just snowball into 'they are definitely doing <insert feature which was never actually discussed>' and people end up bitching about it when it doesn't appear.

What's that you say? We're getting night-time racing in the rain using motorbikes?? Wohoo!

Quote from ste_ :What's that you say? We're getting night-time racing in the rain using motorbikes?? Wohoo!

Along with the rally-pack, which was promised by the devs years ago, honest.
Sorry, should have read the whole thread.

I normally do.

Honest.
Quote from Bob Smith :Oh yay, another city layout, I can't wait to drive on SO Ghetto. :|

Then cruise servers would be a in desperate need of some kind InSim utility that implements drive-by shooting with Uzis.
so now its LiveForCrime:SouthSide?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG