The online racing simulator
New Computer, What Dya Think?
(42 posts, started )
Quote from Migz :Yeah
Bad i know, but mehh. I have a pretty cool computer so i couldnt care

I booted it up about 3 hours ago and since then i spent about an hour in total fiddling with the resolutions because 1920x1080 wouldnt perfectly fit my tv , i then realised theres an option to change the size of the acctual screen.

Then about 20 minutes wondering why the sound wont work and then blaming it on the fact DVI probably doenst output sound, since then ive realised that the tv is plugged into the graphics cards, and iirc graphics cards dont do sound

And then the rest of the time has been spent connecting the computer to my new laptop so it can get onto the internet, and installing anti virus's and uninstalling some crap ti comes with.

Im going to run lfs soon and see just how high the fps is at full graphics and 18x AA

Edit: Ive just run lfs at full graphics, 18x AA 16X AF + A bunch of high quality mods to lfs and i get about 150 fps at 1920x1080.
and it looks GORGEUOS!

screenie?
RAID 1 or RAID 0?
#28 - Migz
I'll get a screenie as soon as i get home, me and my dad have gone to town to get some wires for audio and a usb/internal wifi card.

Im not sure what raid.
But i know theres two hard drives at 640gb each.

But in my computer theres 3 partitions.

I think ive been cheated out of RAID
If you don't know what it is how would you know if you've been cheated out of it?

RAID has different levels depending on how many drives you have and what you need/want. As you have 2 drives you'll have either 0 or 1.

RAID 0 is where the 2 harddrives act and work as 1 drive to improve speed.
RAID 1 is where you have 2 harddrives and the second mirrors the other as a backup.

The partition(s) could be for the OS or to keep important files incase there is a problem, it all depends on how it's been set up.

RAID
#30 - Migz
I read about raid before getting the computer.

Its not raid 0 because that would turn 2 hard drives into 1. And it definetly isnt that because in my computer theres one full hard drive and then another hard drive partitioned into two. So thats not it.

And it cant be raid 1 because the only data is on the c drive. Theres nothing else on the other hard drives so its copying my data.

Sorry if ive not explained it well but its not easy to type what i mean through my phone.
Quote from Migz :Yeah
Bad i know, but mehh. I have a pretty cool computer so i couldnt care

I booted it up about 3 hours ago and since then i spent about an hour in total fiddling with the resolutions because 1920x1080 wouldnt perfectly fit my tv , i then realised theres an option to change the size of the acctual screen.

Then about 20 minutes wondering why the sound wont work and then blaming it on the fact DVI probably doenst output sound, since then ive realised that the tv is plugged into the graphics cards, and iirc graphics cards dont do sound

And then the rest of the time has been spent connecting the computer to my new laptop so it can get onto the internet, and installing anti virus's and uninstalling some crap ti comes with.

Im going to run lfs soon and see just how high the fps is at full graphics and 18x AA

Edit: Ive just run lfs at full graphics, 18x AA 16X AF + A bunch of high quality mods to lfs and i get about 150 fps at 1920x1080.
and it looks GORGEUOS!

You SHOULD be getting sound though. HDMI puts through both sound and video. And yes, graphics cards that work with HDMI should produce sound.
My 9800GTX has HDMI and doesn't have sound

Is there not a built in sound card on the motherboard? In which case you'd have a number of coloured sound ports on the back, near the rear USBs
why do you have 2 640MegaByte hard drives?
#34 - Jakg
First of all you can still partition a RAID0 array (I think)

seconly only ATi cards to audio-over-HDMI, and even then need a special adaptor
Quote from a random hardware site:
Quote :Some (but not all) ATI 2x00 and Nvidia 8500-8600 cards can pipe the audio through the HDMI cable. An HDMI cable is basically DVI+audio. ATI 2x00 (e.g. 2600xt) cards can actually do the audio processing on the video card itself. The Nvidia 8x00 cards cannot do this, but some can accept the audio input via spdif from the motherboard or sound card. The end result is about the same - digital audio and video get to your TV/receiver/preamp via a single cable.

But the 9800GTX cannot be connected to the motherboard for sound. So that won't happen here...
have fun with that PC. looks amazing! very fortunate
I see the pictures and i can say i certainly would call it the preditor
Looks like it could turn evil and eat u alive

I just mean to say liek how long did it take to get that money?!
#39 - Migz
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I see the pictures and i can say i certainly would call it the preditor
Looks like it could turn evil and eat u alive

I just mean to say liek how long did it take to get that money?!

We've not got it We're paying monthly.
We told you so many times not to do pay monthly because you'll pay another £200 for it.

Oh well.

And by the way don't use that overclocking thing you don't need it and it will only do bad.
Quote from Jakg :That's tiny?

My case is bigger in every way and frankly even then it's still waaaaay to small for me... L540 x W198 x H458 mm

well i don't have a case. never understood the reason for a case anyway, since i swap hardware in and out so often a case is just getting in the way. also being a ghetto modder doesn't help either...

the case for the predator is nice, as i read in a review.
#42 - Migz
Quote from mcintyrej :We told you so many times not to do pay monthly because you'll pay another £200 for it.

Oh well.

And by the way don't use that overclocking thing you don't need it and it will only do bad.

No because the place my dad is doing it from is charging no interest at all
oh how i love jersey.

And yeah the overclocking thing didnt acctually come with the computer, and when i download it and try to run it it bsod's me

Edit: Added some ingame screenies.
Attached images
LFS 2008-09-20 14-53-33-64.jpg
LFS 2008-09-20 14-54-47-94.jpg
LFS 2008-09-20 14-55-32-16.jpg

New Computer, What Dya Think?
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG