The online racing simulator
Westhill 1950
(47 posts, started )
Westhill 1950
Monza is a very old high speed track, for the safety reason, some chicane was added after 1962.

Westhill is a very fast track with some chicane, so it maybe just like Monza, no chicane in early year.

so, I hope that we can have a westhill 1950 track
Attached images
lfs_00000206.JPG
lfs_00000208.JPG
lfs_00000216.JPG
lfs_00000213.JPG
You forget the other two chicanes
I think that is because it is not really slow :P
... I actually like the idea, it's like a Monza, but... LFS-d. Would also add a nice oval (if the oval was a bit smaller, else it'd be a dull, top-speed track which we already have). I doubt it'd happen, but It'd be fun I think (especially with an older F1 style car).
Scawen say , in the next test patch´s be update the Westhill track
Quote from dawesdust_12 :... I actually like the idea, it's like a Monza, but... LFS-d. Would also add a nice oval (if the oval was a bit smaller, else it'd be a dull, top-speed track which we already have). I doubt it'd happen, but It'd be fun I think (especially with an older F1 style car).

I agree. I actually quite like this proposition, and would kill two birds with one stone.
good idea +1
Well.. a alternative layout from westhill would be nice, i like the track
But it dont need to be a faster one i think..

Also the idea of the smaller oval (then kyoto) its also i nice option
Something like "new hampshire" http://www.nhms.com/ will be a lot of fun with tbo or fbm i think

but little "bug" in your paint
the north corner of the oval cant be on this position
because of the (camber?) of the corner No2 of westhill..
i think you know what i mean

see ya on track
Quote from scania :Monza is a very old high speed track, for the safety reason, some chicane was added after 1962.

Westhill is a very fast track with some chicane, so it maybe just like Monza, no chicane in early year.

so, I hope that we can have a westhill 1950 track

how much time did you spend on rFactor?

just joking, that's a great idea! can be the Historic layout, like in Aston!
Red Rider
good idea but we can add other names now i dont remember anyone but post ideas
Tbh, I'd prefer that they add a completely new track layout to Westhill. The layout you're suggesting might be very fast, but it looks boring. I'd prefer something totally new, not sharing so many parts of the circuit.
hi.Great idea
I like the idea.
It could be somewhat used as LFS test track, becuase the speeds would be abnormally fast compared to a circut of today's standar, due to the wide and fast turns, aswell as the long straights.
Good idea.........precludes necessity for obtaining licensing. With or without oval is fine. Though classic formula I track, say from GPL, would be awesome. Nurburgring, anyone?
I like the idea of the 50´s fast and dangerous track.

But I like corners, and the existing one dont have em´ too much, so I´d probably still like the original one better
Quote from Sheepyfun :Well.. a alternative layout from westhill would be nice, i like the track
But it dont need to be a faster one i think..

Also the idea of the smaller oval (then kyoto) its also i nice option
Something like "new hampshire" http://www.nhms.com/ will be a lot of fun with tbo or fbm i think

but little "bug" in your paint
the north corner of the oval cant be on this position
because of the (camber?) of the corner No2 of westhill..
i think you know what i mean

see ya on track

just like monza: overcross it
or make a tunnel
tunnel! it would be cool if that oval was an underground tunnel
Great idea. Add a vintage F1 car imitating the 60s or 70s
just make it faster
Attached images
lfs_00000213.JPG
lfs_00000217.JPG
lfs_00000218.JPG
lfs_00000219.JPG
no gaddamnit, make the track slower, slower, much slower!

oval is ok... lfs needs more ovals...

But Westhill must be SLOWER, not faster. kthxbye
The just needs a more infield part, sector 1 and 2 are fine maby som curbs in t4 would be nice but in sector 3 the should make somthing realy slow with proper chicanes instead of lfs chicanes...
to explane them even more, lfs doenst realy have a proper chicane, cuss most of the time you can fly over the curbs / gras ( fe ) or go over the gravel ( ky )

why cant the edit the chicane onto oval / onto the track again at ky3 aswell cus it cutting paradise there :S
#24 - Vain
I'd quite like the proposed track, under some requirements:
1. The new (actually, old) sections of road should be noticably more narrow. Two BF1s +1 meter would be a good measure.
2. No positive camber in corners.
3. Steep rises and falls.
4. A second car beside the FZ5 that'll be hard to drive around the track.

By the way, even though I dislike ovals I'd like to see a narrow, small, unbanked oval. It'd be a nice challange of throttle-control.

Vain
id like it to be steep ups and downs, and narrow...

Westhill 1950
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG