The online racing simulator
How do you drive my XRT?
(11 posts, started )
How do you drive my XRT?
I just had a small stab of curiosity to see how some of you guys, and girls, handle my XRT. From what I've heard and seen some people have alot of trouble, so it fits me comfortably. This isn't a serious hardcore kind of experiment, just a need to satisfy my own curiosity.

If you race, race it. If you drift, drift it. If you enjoy it, tell about it. If not, say what you didn't like. I'm all about making things better, and if there are any technical tips that anyone can drop here, by all means do so!

Enjoy.

And yes, after reading the title for this thread I realized I made a big boo boo. Don't knock me too hard for the idiotic thread title. :P
Attached files
XRT_Street.set - 132 B - 846 views
dude, does it gonna be drift or race set ?
I guess it's whatever you want to do with it, I like to do both and I dislike switching setups, so whatever floats your boat mate.
EDIT working now

Just messing around heh setup was pretty cool, but wierd in another way.
Attached files
Steer555.spr - 126.7 KB - 159 views
Borderline scary setup, the rear is very loose, also found the 1st and 3rd gear ratios a bit odd. 1st is pretty short and 3rd is long.

Interesting none-the-less.
Attached files
newsetup.spr - 115.8 KB - 143 views
I appreciate both the comments and replays, truly!

Racer325: I have been trying to fix the looseness of the rear-end. On tracks like South City I'd assume messing with my rebound dampening so the rear won't bounce around like a kid with a sugar high, but I'd also think that'd mess with getting the throttle out on the corner exits. I'm not sure what I'd do to fix the problem, but I'll keep trying.

Bonehead3: First mate, I just gotta say your driving scares me. But you did get up to a nice, quick speed on the straight down Blackwood, kudos on getting those brakes to work nicely. I should have uploaded my own driving replay in my first post for some decent critique, as some of the problem may also be my driving style. But I'm assuming not since there was a huge amount of sliding in both replays, but it bugs me since I cannot get that grip back there and not sacrifice turning ability.

If there's anything you two want to do to the setup that could improve it, or advice about how you felt with the setup, more detailed instead of describing it as weird, would be wholly welcome!
Quote from Ca18Slider :
Bonehead3: First mate, I just gotta say your driving scares me. But you did get up to a nice, quick speed on the straight down Blackwood, kudos on getting those brakes to work nicely.

Yeah, I was a bit all over the place D:I'll try it more tomorrow and see what changes could be made to get the rear end firmer.
Aha, yeah that's true! I did some driving tonight and pulled some great stuff, too bad I forgot to save the replay.

Hope to hear good news from your efforts!
-
(marzman) DELETED by marzman : wrong topic
Did a bunch of things, firstly I switched to super tyres, second most important thing was to decrease the anti-swaybars by.. A lot :P
Might understeer a bit now instead in certain situation, increase the rear swaybar if you want it looser.
Attached files
newsetup2.spr - 197.8 KB - 132 views
XRT_Street2.set - 132 B - 1085 views
I'll have another go. Drifting this time

Abit bouncy and understeer. gear ratio's i wouldnt say are good for drifting but still a fun setup.

EDIT: bored, so i'll do another race. too

Hmm for racing the brakes lock up abit, and back end is alittle loose
but really fast down the straights

I would ajust, the 3rd gear ratio, but thats a nice gear for cruiseing.

tweak the brakes abit. and maybe not so hard, bumps up and down
Attached files
Driftset.spr - 93.7 KB - 117 views
Race.set.spr - 88.2 KB - 126 views
i like the orginal set better then the new one.
@ westhill i was making about 8k then i was finished after the long curv on RW after pit..
so it is a good one but need some more tweaks for get the really big scores..

How do you drive my XRT?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG