The online racing simulator

Poll : Where?

Maximum budget €100
Maximum budget €150
Maximum budget €50
Maximum budget €80
Nijverdal (Indoor) - http://www.kartplaza.nl/
#76 - Osco
you can ride along if you want Becky, I live 5 minutes from Haarlem (Hoofddorp)
Quote from Becky Rose :Bumps are good, they add challenge to braking zones and give the track unique characteristics in the wet.

As for karts, if it's got 2 engines i'm happy - if it has 1 engine then it's for indoors (lack of comfort more than lack of speed is what bothers me).

I'm easy about track facilities, I mean, i've been to exactly 3 kart tracks that I would describe as having nice facilities - the rest where all just a bit of tarmac in a field with a power pillon at one end... Seriously, that's the nature of karting, it's only a big money sport if your a member of the public, the tracks seem to get away with spending very little indeed!

Location of the track is important to me though, I dont want to be taking 2 days out for karting when i've limited yearly holiday to spend in Holland as it is. I'd like to go karting, have a meal and drinks then get back to Haarlem in time to polish the trophy.

A kart with 2 engines is what we call a Prokart Becky ( 4 Stroke 2x160cc ).
I prefer 1 engine. I Prefer my Maranello Rotax Max.
Quote :you can ride along if you want Becky, I live 5 minutes from Haarlem (Hoofddorp)

Sweet! Thank you. Consider it a date !
Quote :A kart with 2 engines is what we call a Prokart Becky ( 4 Stroke 2x160cc ).
I prefer 1 engine. I Prefer my Maranello Rotax Max.

aye same, but I doubt you'll find 2 stroke rentals anywhere (although we do have such a thing over here, they aint the cheapest form of rental racing!)
Alright all, Becky, Vinny, i've read all your reactions. But i'm 15, and i still will be 15 in June 2009. But, am i allowed to drive a kart with two 160cc engines ? Maybe if i can't i first nead to proove that i actually CAN drive those little things, and maybe we could make a deal with the people who are renting the karts, but that will only be needfull if i CAN NOT drive them. I hope i can, because i really wanna drive, looking forward to this since the moment this whole idea started Anybody knows if there is an age limit for two strokers ? Oh btw, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with Drierbergen, that the track is old, is a fact, but dat DOES NOT mean it's stupid or bad track, and as NL_RevZ posted before, they got brand new karts. Driebergen is only 3 hours in the train for me. As i can see that people are voting for Eindhoven now, I dont say that track isn't good or bad, but the PLACE, i mean, i live in Drenthe, that's some far traveling for me for a day of karting... And also, Driebergen in kinda centered in the Netherlands. I still think we should go to Driebergen..
Quote from DriftKing_Sidewayzzz :Alright all, Becky, Vinny, i've read all your reactions. But i'm 15, and i still will be 15 in June 2009. But, am i allowed to drive a kart with two 160cc engines ? Maybe if i can't i first nead to proove that i actually CAN drive those little things, and maybe we could make a deal with the people who are renting the karts, but that will only be needfull if i CAN NOT drive them. I hope i can, because i really wanna drive, looking forward to this since the moment this whole idea started Anybody knows if there is an age limit for two strokers ? Oh btw, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with Drierbergen, that the track is old, is a fact, but dat DOES NOT mean it's stupid or bad track, and as NL_RevZ posted before, they got brand new karts. Driebergen is only 3 hours in the train for me. As i can see that people are voting for Eindhoven now, I dont say that track isn't good or bad, but the PLACE, i mean, i live in Drenthe, that's some far traveling for me for a day of karting... And also, Driebergen in kinda centered in the Netherlands. I still think we should go to Driebergen..

PM poll says otherwise. As soon as everyone's voted, I'll make it public.
Quote :But i'm 15, and i still will be 15 in June 2009. But, am i allowed to drive a kart with two 160cc engines ?

Legally I should think so (not that I know much about Dutch law), there should not be a problem there. The actual age or minimum height limit (you gotta be able to reach the pedals) will depend on the tracks insurance, which is why this has remained an unanswered question until now. Also you'll need a parent or guardian to sign the consent form on your behalf to actually race, none of us can sign that for you.
Quote from Becky Rose :Legally I should think so (not that I know much about Dutch law), there should not be a problem there. The actual age or minimum height limit (you gotta be able to reach the pedals) will depend on the tracks insurance, which is why this has remained an unanswered question until now. Also you'll need a parent or guardian to sign the consent form on your behalf to actually race, none of us can sign that for you.

Oh that won't be a problem i can reach the pedals for sure But what do you mean "to sign the consent form on your behalf to actually race," Can't i juse bring a note with me from my parents with the confirmation that they allow me to do that ,and under that piece of paper a sign from my mum/dad ?

Quote from Biohazard :what about becky, kasper and so on?

Yeah i know, but you actually know IF it's going to be in eindhoven or whatever, ( i will go with the train for sure ) but i dunno, i might must travel with train for 5 hours ? lol >< 3 hours of traveling with the train to Driebergen should be enough xD

Quote from hrtburnout :PM poll says otherwise. As soon as everyone's voted, I'll make it public.

That poll only says that people voted for another track, doesn't mean the other tracks what are not so much voted suck. And that the track in Driebergen is the olders of Holland also doesn't mean it's bad. I actually believe that it would be nice to drive an older track ^^, a little piece of history
Quote from DriftKing_Sidewayzzz :Oh that won't be a problem i can reach the pedals for sure But what do you mean "to sign the consent form on your behalf to actually race," Can't i juse bring a note with me from my parents with the confirmation that they allow me to do that ,and under that piece of paper a sign from my mum/dad ?

I dont know if that is legally valid or not in Dutch law, or whether the track would accept that . Over here i'd think it would be fine, perhaps with a telephone call first, assuming the track insurance accepts under 16's. (They usually can take 8+ yrs over here).
Quote from Becky Rose :I dont know if that is legally valid or not in Dutch law, or whether the track would accept that . Over here i'd think it would be fine, perhaps with a telephone call first, assuming the track insurance accepts under 16's. (They usually can take 8+ yrs over here).

Oh yeah indeed, if the paper doesn't work i can call my parents and let them confirm im their son and that they allow me to drive there
No Probs. Thx
They rent 2-Stroke Rotax Max karts At Genk.
On a Birel Motorsport Chassis. But i just quit on indoor karting and now we are going to drive shit karts again ( sorry ). So that will have negative effects on my driving style.
*EDIT*
Eindhoven is nice BUT!!
I told you guys. The full track is not for the rentals!!!!
The long straight section is private karts and we get the cornery track called the Mickey mouse track ( only 400 meters long ) also with only 1 engined 4 stroke 160cc karts wich are also really really shit....
Quote from Vinnylegends :But i just quit on indoor karting and now we are going to drive shit karts again ( sorry ). So that will have negative effects on my driving style.

I don't see how driving slower karts can have a negative influence on your driving style, care to explain? Because I think that driving whatever kart on whatever track is good for your driving style or adaptiveness as I like to call it.

I've been looking around on some track websites and I think renting pro-karts would be abit too much for the the average wallet. Besides that Berghem can offer us not only good karts, but also a wide variety of arrangements. Note that from this list I've only been to Driebergen (haven't driven the rental karts there but they looked slow) an Berghem. Oldenzaal seems to have a good deal too, but the location is even worse then Berghem. The rest seems to be even worse tbh.

I'm still in for some laps at Berghem
*shrug* single engined karts out doors would simply see people who dont weight much streaking off into the distance, bearing in mind they are not geared to get the most out of the engine, they are geared for durability. It's fine indoors where weight can give you some handling, that's probably why the rental run on the "mickey mouse" circuit mentioned above.

On a long circuit with 1 engine the kiddies are going to be untouchable. tbh I wont go all that way to be beaten on the grounds that with middle age comes a few extra kilograms, if we're racing outdoors it's twins or 2 strokes.
Quote from Becky Rose :On a long circuit with 1 engine the kiddies are going to be untouchable.

I'll just bump 'em off, no problem
Quote from Thommm :I don't see how driving slower karts can have a negative influence on your driving style, care to explain? Because I think that driving whatever kart on whatever track is good for your driving style or adaptiveness as I like to call it.

I've been looking around on some track websites and I think renting pro-karts would be abit too much for the the average wallet. Besides that Berghem can offer us not only good karts, but also a wide variety of arrangements. Note that from this list I've only been to Driebergen (haven't driven the rental karts there but they looked slow) an Berghem. Oldenzaal seems to have a good deal too, but the location is even worse then Berghem. The rest seems to be even worse tbh.

Bad and slow material ruins your drivingstyle as you adapt to the bad kart. And you are used to alot of under and oversteer. See it as a damaged BF1. You dont wanna drive it when it is damaged.
Im only in when we have a good track and some good karts.
Quote from Thommm :I don't see how driving slower karts can have a negative influence on your driving style, care to explain? Because I think that driving whatever kart on whatever track is good for your driving style or adaptiveness as I like to call it.

Driebergen has new kart now, as i heard and read here, Pottendijk is very close to me, but not for the others, just as for me Eindhoven would be kinda far, Driebergen is in the middle of the netherlands, which is centered for the most of us, except the english people and german. So that's why i'd prefer Driebergen, i also know NL_RevZ , have met him once. I still hope we are going there.
So you wanna spoil the good fun of a better track because it is easier to get there. Racing requires travelling. I said that countless times.
Quote from Vinnylegends :Bad and slow material ruins your drivingstyle as you adapt to the bad kart. And you are used to alot of under and oversteer. See it as a damaged BF1. You dont wanna drive it when it is damaged.
Im only in when we have a good track and some good karts.

I don't really know what you're trying to say, because you can readapt to your own kart within a lap or two. Besides that a kart never handles the same on two different days, so getting used to sudden over or understeer hurts nobody. Imho it sounds like an excuse for only going to the meeting when you like the track and karts, bit selfish.
Quote from Thommm :I don't really know what you're trying to say, because you can readapt to your own kart within a lap or two. Besides that a kart never handles the same on two different days, so getting used to sudden over or understeer hurts nobody. Imho it sounds like an excuse for only going to the meeting when you like the track and karts, bit selfish.

Well, Im ok fine with that. But ive got 7 years of kart experience and I know that bad material ruins your drivingstyle.
Also other experienced drivers say the same.
Quote from Vinnylegends :Well, Im ok fine with that. But ive got 7 years of kart experience and I know that bad material ruins your drivingstyle.

Do you honestly expect that one afternoon of karting fun will ruin a driving style that has been developed in seven years of karting experience?
Quote from traxxion :Do you honestly expect that one afternoon of karting fun will ruin a driving style that has been developed in seven years of karting experience?

I think it wont buts stil i dont want some slow ass lawnmower for a kart thow
Quote :I think it wont buts stil i dont want some slow ass lawnmower for a kart thow

What karts does Driebergen run then? I was under the impression they had pro karts.
They have but they are more expensive and need to be 16 in order to drive them. So i cant. Wich is just plain stupid. But they race with indoor karts. And im not saying it totally ruins it but i need another full day to recover my driving style.
Quote from Vinnylegends :They have but they are more expensive and need to be 16 in order to drive them. So i cant. Wich is just plain stupid. But they race with indoor karts. And im not saying it totally ruins it but i need another full day to recover my driving style.

Vinny dont take it that serious its event that is suposed to be fun...
Quote from Vinnylegends :They have but they are more expensive and need to be 16 in order to drive them. So i cant. Wich is just plain stupid. But they race with indoor karts. And im not saying it totally ruins it but i need another full day to recover my driving style.

Hmm, well i've said already i'm not going to the effort of flying over to compete on an outdoor track in a cadet kart. They dont have enough horsepower for the heavier folk to compete on an even playing field on an outdoor track - and i'm not so enthused by karting indoors that i'd fly to another country to do it.

Cost? Meh, you get what you pay for. I got an airfare to pay, when this is held there will be travel, a meal, drinks, possibly even accomodation. The cost of racing pro karts versus the cost of racing cadets isnt an issue.

The age thing, well, you can be inclusive and race on kiddy karts - losing the heavier folks and be home in time for the end of nursery. Or you can race on adult karts and have a night out too and stuff.

A decision needs to be made.

EDIT: Oh and driving style, um, seriously, when you get in a race car you should acclimatise to it in 2-3 laps, and more or less have a track learned in about 8 laps. You should be able to adapt back on your morning installation shake-down when you arrive at the track for your next test day.

LFS Dutch Karting Meet - track poll
(274 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG