The online racing simulator

Poll : Where?

Maximum budget €100
Maximum budget €150
Maximum budget €50
Maximum budget €80
Nijverdal (Indoor) - http://www.kartplaza.nl/
Is there any point seperating practice and qualifying? You wont set your fastest lap at the start of practice anyway, so just make it 1x15 minute qualifying and you've freed up 5 minutes extra for the race

A 10 minute race after 20 minutes driving around practicing is a bit of an anti-climax. I'd rather pay more and do a longer race. I dont mind paying 110 euro's for the karting, that's still less than the flights.

EDIT: If we do need to break up into groups (bearing in mind there will be lots of drop outs from the current list) then yes i'll volunteer myself for whatever group is 'faster'. I'd rather be challenged . We could let qualifying times set the group?
Quote from Vinnylegends :The second idea is better.
But, I think that we should make a group with less experienced people and more experienced people.
Group 1: People like me and Becky Rose, or people with experience.
Group 2: People with absolutely no experience.

I think we shouldn't seperate into two groups. Maybe I can negotiate a little. How about 45 minutes of racing? That'd make about €80, exactly our budget.

But then there's also the offer for prizes: €25 for the three of them together.
That'd add just a few pence to the price per person.
Well everyone loves to battle for a well deserved Cup!
Quote from Vinnylegends :Well everyone loves to battle for a well deserved Cup!

Well ofcourse: it's a must-have, in my opinion.
Yes, I hope to score 1 .
My display is a little small of cups atm .
Remember that not all of us are experienced. I think halfway through a 45min race my arms are going to fall off!

I vote for a short practice round, a 10min qualifying round and then a race or two. But I LOOOONG race is not going to very fun is your arms are in pain.

If we can have 2 races with 1 large group, why don't we have the following:

Short Practice
Qualify
Race 1 with qualifying positions
Race 2 with revers order from the standing in race 1
Haha, Dont worry they wont. But you will become tired.
Always do some stretching before the race. I always run 1 KM before i go racing. But Berghem has no standard curbs. They are little concrete bumps sticking out of the ground wich can flip your kart when you go too fast and spin.
But Karting isnt for softies ( dont mean to hurt anyone ), You need to experience it to the full.
We are doing this for fun remeber this is not a proffecional race
Quote from Vinnylegends :Haha, Dont worry they wont. But you will become tired.
Always do some stretching before the race. I always run 1 KM before i go racing. But Berghem has no standard curbs. They are little concrete bumps sticking out of the ground wich can flip your kart when you go too fast and spin.
But Karting isnt for softies ( dont mean to hurt anyone ), You need to experience it to the full.

This talk about flipping and not for softies is turning me off a bit....
Quote from Nevermore :This talk about flipping and not for softies is turning me off a bit....

Oh come on He just wants to show how awesome he is. Ofcourse we won't race for 45 minutes straight! I'd say 10 minutes practice, 10 minutes qualifying, and 25 minutes of racing.
Quote from hrtburnout :Oh come on He just wants to show how awesome he is. Ofcourse we won't race for 45 minutes straight! I'd say 10 minutes practice, 10 minutes qualifying, and 25 minutes of racing.

yeah i like the idea. this will fit our budget perfect

just for hrtburnout, its €2400 for them , so they dont need to moon about 25 euro for a throfee. (what only cost like 5 euro for them)
and if they still want the €15 we better can order it by our self, then we have our text on it
aye, trophies to 3rd so I got a outside chance of picking up one of the 'also-ran' trophies. Nice and small please so that it fits in my luggage!

I'm good with whatever length race you guys decide, I used to do 90 minute stints... If the kart is handling well it's no problem, if it's oversteering i'll need a Gin afterwards. I plan to have a Gin anyway

Quote :This talk about flipping and not for softies is turning me off a bit....

I've done and watched an aweful lot of karting, and flips are very rare. If the kurbs where as dangerous as described they'd have been forced to change them by whatever safety inspectors you have in Netherlands. I've seen a handful of flips in my time karting as a competitor, marshall, clerk, and spectator. So don't worry.
Quote from hotmail :its €2400 for them , so they dont need to moon about 25 euro for a throfee. (what only cost like 5 euro for them)
and if they still want the €15 we better can order it by our self, then we have our text on it

That's quite a good idea. I'll have a look in the local sport prizes shop.

I sent the following response to Berghem:

Geachte mevrouw Van den Biggelaar (her name, rofl),

Uw offerte van €110 overstijgt ons persoonlijk budget. Bovendien vinden wij uw goedkoop alternatief niet genoeg rijdtijd bieden. Daarom vraag ik u een offerte te doen voor het volgende voorstel: 20 minuten qualificatie en 25 minuten race. Beide onderdelen liefst met iedereen tegelijk op de baan.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Erik Jan Land

Basically a polite letter, saying €110 is too expensive, and the €50 alternative wasn't any good either. I proposed 20 minutes qualification and 25 minutes of racing, both rounds with everyone on track. I didn't comment on the prizes or consumptions.

We'll see...
And here's the reply to the mail I sent.

Beste Erik Jan,

Hierbij een aangepast voorstel conform jullie wensen:

17.30 uur: Ontvangst in à La Kart Café met bittergarnituur
18.00 uur: Kwalificatie training (20 minuten) (30 personen)
19.00 uur: Race (25 minuten) (30 personen)

19.30 uur: Einde race

Kosten Kartarrangement: € 83,25 p.p.
Bittergarnituur: € 2,50 p.p.
Totaal exclusief consumpties € 85,75 p.p.

Het programma is eventueel uit te breiden met cateringmogelijkheden uit de bijlage en bijvoorbeeld een bekerset (1-2-3) vanaf EUR 25,00 per set.

Met sportieve groeten,
Erna van den Biggelaar

That's more like it. Twenty minutes of qualifying, and twentyfive minutes of racing.

The price of €83,25 might be a little on the high side, considering the track time, but it's about as high as our budget (voted to €80). This excludes prizes, as I said before.

For those from outside the Netherlands: bittergarnituur is basically a posh word for bitterballen. The track offers these snacks as an option, before we hit the track.

Opinions?
Great Deal!
excellent, definately in
What Osco said =)

One Question though. They really have 30 working/equal karts?
Quote from ChristijaNL :What Osco said =)

One Question though. They really have 30 working/equal karts?

They'd better do have them, for this price. According to her responses, they have. Working, that is. I'm not sure if they're all equal.
Quote from hrtburnout :They'd better do have them, for this price. According to her responses, they have. Working, that is. I'm not sure if they're all equal.

Uh oh
Quote from hrtburnout :They'd better do have them, for this price. According to her responses, they have. Working, that is. I'm not sure if they're all equal.

They are not, I can tell
Guys, Karts are never NEVER equal. They always have some difference.
Ofcourse some difference is acceptable, as long as it's not a lot. In Harderwijk, I drove three different indoor karts, and the handling was very different in each kart. Those were quite old though. I hope it's not as bad in Berghem
Berghem is a good track with good karts.
Hope so. Earlier this week I drove at Driebergen. Man, those karts were different. More then 5 kph difference. First I had a decent handling kart, but it was slow. Then I had a very understeery faster kart. And then I had one that was at least decent, in speed and handling.

And the track is very bumpy, very old, as well.

LFS Dutch Karting Meet - track poll
(274 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG