The online racing simulator
Patrese in a modern Honda F1
(14 posts, started )
#1 - samjh
http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/70450

Impressive drive for an old has-been.

1:30.210 in the RA107 using demonstration (ie. really hard, low-grip) tyres. Jensen Button was a tad slower than 1:19 last year (using normal tyres, obviously).

Speaking of which... if Ricardo Patrese or any of the drivers from the 1977-1993 era were made younger and competed in today's F1 championship, who'd be leading the ladder right now?
Quote from samjh :if Ricardo Patrese or any of the drivers from the 1977-1993 era were made younger and competed in today's F1 championship, who'd be leading the ladder right now?

1977 to 1993 contains several eras actually. Is resurrection or zombiefication allowed or just the surviving ones?
#3 - samjh
Let the dead rest. Survivors only.

My money is on Alain Prost.
#4 - JJ72
Stirling Moss probably
I reckon that they should do away with Traction Control, downforce, driver aids and all of that together. Would make for much more interesting racing.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I reckon that they should do away with Traction Control, downforce, driver aids and all of that together. Would make for much more interesting racing.

The cars dont have TC anymore
Quote from xaotik :1977 to 1993 contains several eras actually. Is resurrection or zombiefication allowed or just the surviving ones?

Unfortunately, it's impossible, Patrese can't become a zombie like modern F1 drivers.
aye Stirling Moss is still alive and kicking, so the young blood doesnt stand a chance! 2nd only to Fangio, still loving motor racing, still talented behind the wheel, and still saying it was a whole lot more fun when the risk of death carried you into every corner. hell, he's got a bus pass and he could put half the pack to shame, save the Chuck Norris jokes for the real deal...
#9 - MR_B
Lauda and Prost have proved handy after a break... Would they still be as good after a long LONG break?
Quote from pacesetter :The cars dont have TC anymore

See, you can tell I don't watch

At least that's one step in the right direction
#11 - MR_B
Quote from S14 DRIFT :See, you can tell I don't watch

At least that's one step in the right direction

And next year will see a huge reduction in downforce, along with slick tyres (i believe that's not been 100% confirmed yet?), if so then that'll mean overtaking should theoretically improve
Ohhh, maybe I'll bother to watch one then
Quote from MR_B :And next year will see a huge reduction in downforce, along with slick tyres (i believe that's not been 100% confirmed yet?), if so then that'll mean overtaking should theoretically improve

Barring any last-minute change of mind by the FIA, it has been confirmed.
Bridgestone slick tyre specifications finalised

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Ohhh, maybe I'll bother to watch one then

It's already worth watching. Some tracks are still very processional, but most of the GPs this year have been quite interesting, especially when it's wet, helped of course by the lack of TC.
To be fair MS would probably be the only one who raced in that era that could still compete at F1.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG