The online racing simulator
Jakg - sounds exactly like me at the moment
I just fired up LFS tonight and was struck again by that peculiar LFS magic. I've had no time for anything lately which means no time for boredom either, which is great. I'm still visiting the forum a couple of times a day, mostly the off topic section. Still need to get those track updates out (unseen and I haven't been communicating for some reason).

I think I've detected a slight change in the community of late- that folk are maybe a bit more willing to let the devs quietly get on with things. Not as much complaining going on?- this is the first boredom thread I've seen in ages. But maybe I'm just passing out of the loop.
I guess its like a pet dog, you get fed up with telling it not to piss on the carpet, when it just keeps pissing on the carpet.
when I get bored I make a crap load of public and request skins. contributing to the community really helps and I suggest it to everybody
I get bored until I find something [tweak/new textures] and then I am back on LFS for another 15 minuets, then bored again. The 'tweak' phase is only fun the first or second time unless it adds something new.
I'm bored too... I just look at upcoming console racing games or just editing pics. But I do play LFS in my spare time.
I just finished my 3 years abstinence of LFS. It's fun again like it was the first day.
Yeah, LFS is boring for me too! And as I use the family pc to play it, I can't have my DFP setup all the time, so I have to lug it downstairs and set it all up, which further discourages me from playing LFS! That and I'm now tuning cars for Forza 2 (Fastest 4WD on Tsukuba A class, Scooby 22b called the "Bamboo Rocket"), so I've still got my Sim(ish) fix to keep me going. Maybe I'll return 1 day and start trying to tune on here now, who nows?

I'm still telling people about lfs on XBL too, so I'm sorry if you have a sudden deluge of American 14 yr olds calling you douche bags when they smash you off the track...:chair:

Crap! My last race was 3rd January '08!
I'm also going through part of an LFS bored phase right now since I got Carmageddon 2 working in hardware (Direct 3D) mode (and not Direct Draw Software) for the first time ever (and then broke it about 2 seconds later :tilt.
Sure, Carmageddon 2 isn't a racing sim, but it's still an awesome game.
that reminds me to reinstall C2 without all the SOD rubbish
I wanna do that hardware mode thing jon!
ya im board with lfs atm. the new tweak for Z just came out but im already board of it with not a lot of options in it. i dont play much anymore cuz theres no new stuff coming out. if the game move along faster meaning updates and programs to tweak cars and having track editors and so on a lot of people would play more offen. by meaning track editors i mean making tracks like rfactor people do but they have to be lfs dev approved like the license checking on the tweak programs. then lfs would be interesting for me. but until then im board of it. something new needs to come along like a CAR OR A NEW TRACK then i would be back to playing.
Quote from danowat :I'll take a stab at it being iRacing........

That'd be me. Not to take this thread off-topic. But I've been drivng iracing exclusively since I paid my fee.
I agree i bought my S2 about 5 months ago and i have played it maybe twice a month since then.. as mutt said.. i been playing alot more GTA- sa-mp 0.1b lately than anything.. but with gamecam working on my new PC ill probably get more into making videos of me racing on lfs since i already have a few of me racing on sa-mp... never know..
Quote from mrodgers :
I'm not bored with LFS, I'm bored with the racers who are bored with LFS. I load it up still, click multiplayer, and even CTRA has hardly anyone on that could be considered a race. When the busiest (non-demo) server only has 4 people racing, it definitely gets boring.

Totally agree with your first sentance above . WRT the CTRA servers that has to be your time zone, I can nearly always get a good race one of their servers.

Quote from floodan :I got bored drifting around in XRT so i tried FZ5 wohoo funny again!

Totally off topic, but thats one helluvan avatar dude. I'd like to explore that one

Quote from Furiously-Fast :I'm bored too... snip..

Member since October 07.....

Quote from natedog420 :ya im board with lfs atm.

Memeber since June 07

Quote from RockStarMotorSports :I agree i bought my S2 about 5 months ago and i have played it maybe twice a month since then.. as mutt said.. i been playing alot more GTA- sa-mp 0.1b lately than anything.. but with gamecam working on my new PC ill probably get more into making videos of me racing on lfs since i already have a few of me racing on sa-mp... never know..

'Nuff said

No offence meant gents, I am just genuinely baffled how someone can become so bored with this fantzmagorical product after such a short spell of time .

Hope you all find your racin' mojo again soon
Quote from HVS5b :

Member since October 07.....

Memeber since June 07

You are quite confident, being yourself only 2 years in

On Topic: I just dont have any time atm to play it frequently. And no real internet at home. But that changes now, as I finally get real inet in my new apartement.
I had about 5 months off, due to computer diifculties nothing to do with LFS your always going to have breaks, but then the LFS twich soon kicks on

Played up until about March 2008 and then stopped until August
haven't played lfs for over a year now, but stopping by frequently during my lunch breaks to see if something is happening.

i switched to other sims which only lack the great way you can have pickup-races in lfs. something big has to happen to get me interested again.

maybe some day
Quote from Vykos69 :You are quite confident, being yourself only 2 years in

On Topic: I just dont have any time atm to play it frequently. And no real internet at home. But that changes now, as I finally get real inet in my new apartement.

Aye, I'm still a noob compared to most, Mr Old Timer

I just don't understand how you can get so bored of this sim in 12 months or so, given its massive scope and degree of difficulty to get to grips with.

Still, we don't all have the same passion for LFS either (and thats no criticism!!). I get bored with FPS within a couple of months.....
I'm only bored when there's no-one fun to race with. I normally race the same car over the same selection of tracks and it's not really boring. Although yes I'm getting bored over the 'same old same old'.

Bored of Blackwood!
Haven't been online for quite a while, but I do hotlapping about once a week ever since!

...but I must confess: recently I'm having loads of fun picking 25 AI's and go round the Nordschleife in GTR Evolution.
Is that out now?

Torrent please!
What i miss nowadays is a variety of servers with at least a hand full of people racing - something that provides different stuff than CTRA, oval or cruise servers.
I have phases where I don't play regularly or at all. And it seems when some people get bored, they expect that more content be added to keep them interested... well most games, people play for a few months then buy something else and trade in the first game or just stop playing it! I think it's awesome that LFS has such appeal that people play it for years, even if they do take some breaks now and then. I haven't played much in the last year I guess, but I know it'll always be there, and I know I'll be back at it at some point.
Quote from HVS5b :'Nuff said

No offence meant gents, I am just genuinely baffled how someone can become so bored with this fantzmagorical product after such a short spell of time .

Hope you all find your racin' mojo again soon

Yeah, totally dude, I don't know why people would have opinions and stuff like that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG