The online racing simulator
kyoto chicane
(43 posts, started )
agree x1000 this corner can currently be taken at full throttle in the FOX and is way too dangerous
I also agree, that chicane is a pain in the a$$, I usually lose time there while charging at full throttle during a flying lap. There won't be that much cutting as well, great idea, I hope the devs accept this!
+500
It will be easer to pass after oval part of the track
I'm surprised that just one person said this...

I'd change it, but not just because it's a dangerous place for cutting and getting damage, and ruining nice hotlaps, but because if considerable braking would be needes in this corner it would be one of the coolest overtaking points in the track. Right now you can get another car slipstream going into the oval, and when you reach that point side to side it's the moment to pray that you'll end up alive. With a real chicane and people having to do full braking it would be great

An there's more, having it slower would mean that a good corner exit could provide again a better braking battle in the next hairpin than right now.
+1
Ayee it's a huge bump, but I can't stop thinking about this problem and I probably never will, until it gets fixed.

This photo reminded me of our problem and that it could be fixed with something like this.
Of course some of you will shoot right away, it's been tried with BL1 chicane and it failed. It failed because it's not done in a proper way, not because method is wrong.
This photo clearly shows race line the drivers take thru BL1 chicane. In hotlap mod everyone cuts even thru the dust part, but that is because damage is irrelevant. In race it's more like on that photo.
Now the question is: Why do we climb on the green part in first place?
Answer clearly is: Because the blue part of curb is rising too much towards green part and the green part is not high enough itself.
I've tried to find photo of Nurburgrings chicane, where this low part is rising even less then on Hungaroring and that is even better solution, because you really can't climb up on the higher part of curb and let's not talk about going over it and cutting thru dust.

Cutting maybe might be possible even with this solution, but I am sure it would cause damage even on road cars.

So remodeling kyoto chicane should definitely have these features, no matter if chicane stays as fast as now or it's been slowed down as I've suggested up there

And btw BL1 chicane might be re-fixed with these methods too...
Definitely agree the chicane isn't right just now. Attached is an image of the kerbs at the variante alta chicane from the 1998 San Marino GP. Those would keep cutting down a bit...
Attached images
sanmarino1998kerb.jpg
Instead of changing the curbs I'd rather it be a chicane that actually slows us down, or even not a chicane at all (and just be a turn off the oval).
Quote from amp88 :Definitely agree the chicane isn't right just now. Attached is an image of the kerbs at the variante alta chicane from the 1998 San Marino GP. Those would keep cutting down a bit...

I think this would have no effect on lfs cars whatsoever
Quote from PMD9409 :Instead of changing the curbs I'd rather it be a chicane that actually slows us down, or even not a chicane at all (and just be a turn off the oval).

If we get slow chicane it's great passing opportunity.
Yeah, I'd much prefer a 90 degree left.
Quote from N I K I :Hello.

Here's one suggestion that I'm wanting to post for very long time.
That kyoto long chicane is been a problem since ever. That track would be my favorite by far if that chicane is formed right.
While watching some of real life chicanes and chicane redone, like Monza, SPA, Monaco, Turkey or Suzuka, I've got an idea.

To prevent cutting and make it more realistic, chicane should be sharper, and more distanced between two corners that it contains, all in all, slower.

So, first corner should be sharper (and it maybe should be even sharper then i drawed down there.

I'd leave existing run off area in sand, because it's more of a chance to make driving mistake and end up in there. And new run off area on the left, I'd suggest an asphalt one, because you probably would end up in there from some push of other guy.

Curbs should be something like Blackwood chicane curbs, with those higher edges.

There are two pictures in attachment, please take a look.

EDIT: You may notice that after you exit the chicane there's another new corner, before the next right one. That might be flatten out, but then 2nd corner in chicane wouldn't be sharp enough.

I hope dev's notice this as a positive solution

+milion
bad idea
Quote from MaKaKaZo :I'm surprised that just one person said this...

I'd change it, but not just because it's a dangerous place for cutting and getting damage, and ruining nice hotlaps, but because if considerable braking would be needes in this corner it would be one of the coolest overtaking points in the track. Right now you can get another car slipstream going into the oval, and when you reach that point side to side it's the moment to pray that you'll end up alive. With a real chicane and people having to do full braking it would be great

An there's more, having it slower would mean that a good corner exit could provide again a better braking battle in the next hairpin than right now.

:iagree:
+1
this thread is relevant to this discussion, a temporary solution
+1 i like this cornor as its a fast smooth turn but i do hate it because of all the cutting that goes on so I think i would go with NIKI's idea but i would be ok with scipy's to.
+1 here

kyoto chicane
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG