The online racing simulator
Ford GT40
(63 posts, started )
Beautiful Definitely should be in S3!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Put some intakes on it! It's NOT FINISHED!

no, im bored
im gonna start a new model :P
Whilst I like the idea of the community contributing to LFS in designing cars, I think this one, good as it may be, would need a lot of work...

The rear needs vents and detailing, the wheels are FAR too big (it look like a rice on smarties has just stuck some train wheels on it) so the wheelarches would need some work, there is still something wrong with the headlights, and the tail lights look like a Morgan Aero8's front end (cross-eyed).

So at the moment this car SHOULDN'T be in S3 even if the devs (and Eric specifically) like the idea of it. But I get the impression ramtech's bored of this car... So hopefully that means he's having a play with another car for the competition, and I'm sure he'll use all the comments from here and the general experience he's gained doing this.

But the devil is in the detail. Even I could make a crappy looking model. Adding vents, lips, bulges, flares, aerials, wipers, an interior are the things that make a car look 'real', and each of these things needs to be proportioned and in the style of the rest of the car. For example, look in the virtual ricer thread (and links within) - none of the 'bodykits' actually suit the car, whereas in LFS all the cars look right. That's the trick, and most people who 'know about cars' are woefully ignorant of it.

Lets see some great models from you lot - I'm really looking forward to how much you can surprise me.
well, the problem is, i have no idea about car design
tristan, actually, since its the first car i went all the way to finish, and i dont have alot of experience, i did some critical faults at the beginning of the design process, by missplacing some vertex, so further work on this model would be just difficult.
Im about to start working on the new model now, u all might be able to see some previews later tonight in the WIP forum
your model .. if it was fixed up in some places and made more ..erm.. realistic (ei: the outlets on the hood); i think it would fit into LFS, BECAUSE... in LFS right now we have no low and wide cars.. which we need.. but dont have :/
Well, I have started my "project" as well and I thought the best way to start would be create the blueprints first. So I have found some kewl pics of some nice cars but I still have no clue about the front/rear/lamps though I have the general shape of the car pretty much decided. I pretty much have made up my mind that the car won't be a supercar.

Maybe it's time to introduce some historic racing into LFS...
the reason why ramtech's and XC's GT40are different is because ram's is based on the MkII from '67 and '68 and XC's on the "real GT40" from '69.
in both case a great car!
this isn't important for the thread but i just wanted to state this, as the difference between the 2 GT40 seemed to bother some of us! so there you have the answer.
keep on working guys!

ps: Why not a porsche 917?!! imagine the 2 batteling in LFS!
i started to make a porsche 911 GT2.. does that work for ya lol?

as for the GT40, true.. but i dont think his is a mark 2, because mark 2s have those weird vents on the "hood" on the rear and .. other strange places (or was that just the 69 mark 2?)
993 GT2 i hope, the real GT2! man i love this car! the late version with the big rear spoiler! pure beauty! i have the RC version from Tamiya somewhere in my house, i have to give it a ride, its been for freakin ever!
so to answer you, yeah GT2 works fine for me! although it's not the same period (or era!) as the GT40 and 917!
cant wait to see the first preview!
ooo i have one question though, are u doing this just for fun or is there a special purpose for these cars you are designing? since we cant import them into LFS. i know its been debated over and over on this forum, and i'm the opinion that LFS must stay just the way it is regarding mods, but man i'd pay a lot to drive a GT2 in LFS! i know there is GTR to drive GT2 and GT3 but it's nowhere near the feeling you can have playing LFS.
ok im done with this post. XC ill be checking for your GT2 preview!
just for fun

just .. go here to see all of my WIP .. things i've done
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/XCNuse/
i usually make a wip once i get some actual progress on the car

but hey.. i do have blueprints for the 917, i was gonna start on it after i did the GT40 lol
..never know
not bad xcnuse... not bad!
Intakes on the Ford sides?
?

trying to understand .. the meaning

if your wondering why there arent any of the side, its because he modeled the GT40 Mk2
which.. doesnt have any on the side

it wasnt until the oh so popular '69 le mans that the ford GT40 got its renowned side intakes

Ford GT40
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG