The online racing simulator
#26 - SamH
Quote from Storm_Cloud :If he had not cut the corner then he wouldn't have been anywhere near Kimi to make the pass.

No, the simple application of physics is all that is needed here.

If he had not cut the corner then he and Kimi would have been out of the race. Kimi forced Hamilton off the track. Did you not see? Did you not re-watch the video?.. hello??
#27 - SamH
Where the hell did the 25 sec penalty come from ? in the context of a strange amount of time for a penalty in effect the stewards could have placed him anywhere in the results order

Why not a 10 grid slot penalty at the next race as used previously, there seems to be no consistency in the decisions this year.

Looks more and more like the FIA are manufacturing a close championship in respect of Business needs

Thanks Sam - 16.3 The stewards may impose any one of three penalties on any driver involved in an Incident :
a) A drive-through penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane and re-join the race without stopping ;
b) A ten second time penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane, stop at his pit for at least ten seconds and then re-join the race.
c) a drop of ten grid positions at the driver’s next Event.
However, should either of the penalties under a) and b) above be imposed during the last five laps, or after the end of a race, Article 16.4b) below will not apply and 25 seconds will be added to the elapsed race time of the driver concerned.
#29 - CSF
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I wonder how many counter examples we can come up with, off the top of my head I can think of quite a few.

-In 1994 Australian Grand Prix Schumacher deliberately rams a rival putting them out of the race = no penalty

Schumacher did not drive for Ferrari until 1996.
Indeed. The no action decision there was because Hill + Williams, very sportingly, did not launch a protest as being the sporting old toffs they are they decided a championship won in a stewards room wasnt worth winning, Hill took his title on the track later, but he certainly did deserve that one. Stewarding was rarely pro-active then and relied on a complaint.

Benetton breached regulations 14 times that season to my count at the time (I can no longer list them), and where only penalised for a handful that related to safety (the pit fire etc). Mostly because Ferrari where not competitive enough to care.

Regarding the Lewis+Kimi incident i've given my opinion in the other thread. I don't know why a second thread was made tbh. It's the same incident, so i'll say nowt.
Quote from SamH :No, the simple application of physics is all that is needed here.

If he had not cut the corner then he and Kimi would have been out of the race. Kimi forced Hamilton off the track. Did you not see? Did you not re-watch the video?.. hello??

I see your Lewis blinkers are well and truly fixed on so I won't waste time carrying this on - I'm not a Ferrari fan BTW.

Kimi was ahead when Lewis left the track. If they had touched at that point then just like Heikki before him Hamilton would have been penalised for causing avoidable contact. His only opportunity to avoid a penalty would be to slow down as by being anywhere near Kimi and overtaking him he is taking advantage of cutting the track.

I will check back after my GPL race for your quotes from the Sporting Regulations about corner cutting. Don't forget now.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I have the advantage (which I will not give up ) in that I am not a Ferrari / Massa / Kimi fan nor am I a Hamilton fan. I am a Webber / Vettel / Kubica fan so have no vested interest.

If he had not cut the corner then he wouldn't have been anywhere near Kimi to make the pass. Therefore, the cut gave an advantage. In fact, if he hadn't cut the corner he would have crashed into Kimi and been penalised like Heidfeld.

Oh, and weaving as a protest is still weaving.

Yes he would have been... They were side by side and he probably would have gotten the inside meaning they would still be pretty damn close.
Quote from CSF :Schumacher did not drive for Ferrari until 1996.

The year mabe wrong but the incident is the one I posted about earlier when Schuey took out Hill to win the Championship one of the worst cases of it's kind.
Yup, he was in a Benetton when he did that.

And yes, it was totally wrong. But Hill wasn't driving for Ferrari either so the results just got left as they where.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I see your Lewis blinkers are well and truly fixed on so I won't waste time carrying this on - I'm not a Ferrari fan BTW.

Kimi was ahead when Lewis left the track. If they had touched at that point then just like Heikki before him Hamilton would have been penalised for causing avoidable contact. His only opportunity to avoid a penalty would be to slow down as by being anywhere near Kimi and overtaking him he is taking advantage of cutting the track.

I will check back after my GPL race for your quotes from the Sporting Regulations about corner cutting. Don't forget now.

Storm Cloud what is a slip road there for it's not to be used to avoid an accident, it's not as if he cut on purpose as he was forced to cut as Kimi had forced himself into the apex leaving Hamilton no option but to take to the slip road.
#37 - SamH
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I see your Lewis blinkers are well and truly fixed on so I won't waste time carrying this on - I'm not a Ferrari fan BTW.

You wish I was a Hamilton fan, so you could blow off this offensive demonstration of FIA bias, but you're out of luck. I'm a sport fan, not a driver or team fan. Although I'm struggling right now, frankly, because I'm reeling in disgust yet again.

Meh I'm not straddling two threads on one topic. I'm going back to the original thread.
If you speak to most people who complain about the FIA being biased, and ask them to name a driver they are a fan of, they seem to say the same thing, they are a fan of the sport, not one individual or team. That's why they get angry when rules are inconsistent and seem to apply to some teams/drivers and not others.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YTG7hnjg0w

1:58 - Kimi weaves attempting to block a pass.
2:05 - Kimi gains an advantage by going off the circuit, instead of rejoining as Hamilton did, he did the same the next lap and it caused an accident.
2:10 - Kimi passes under yellow flags, I think the FIA assumed him spinning on the corner exit was his way of giving that place back.

2:10

You're not going to wait a car that is outside the track (in this cas Hamilton), it's like waiting a car without nose and going extremely slow whe you know he's way out of pace
Hamilton had to go off the track because Kimi came blasting through taking up the room Hamilton had to get back on the track. You can see it clear as day in this video at 1:40...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4TZww5f6ko

...waved yellow flags mean he should slow down and prepare to stop. That's just an example of the incosistency in that race, the FIA should employ a team of unbiased stewards that go to every race to ensure the rules are always applied consistently. But they would rather have someone with business links to Ferrari and some random guys they find hanging around the track eating out of garbage cans.
Same with Hamilton's fight with Massa in Germany, remember? Massa had to go OFF track so King Hamilton could pass without problem.
Quote from chanoman315 :Same with Hamilton's fight with Massa in Germany, remember? Massa had to go OFF track so King Hamilton could pass without problem.

Exactly, and he should have been given a punishment for that, stop assuming we are Hamilton fans just because we say the FIA are F***ing Inconsistent Apes.
you are brit, hamilton is brit...
Quote from chanoman315 :you are brit, hamilton is brit...

Hitler was German, Schumacher is German, doesn't mean Schmacher is a Nazi does it? (although if you listened to some of the "fans" at past British GP's you might think so)
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Hitler was German, Schumacher is German, doesn't mean Schmacher is a Nazi does it? (although if you listened to some of the "fans" at past British GP's you might think so)

the only people i see arguing in this forum about his penalty if it was fair or not are british people, let's say 95% Brit's and 5% other
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Hitler was German, Schumacher is German, doesn't mean Schmacher is a Nazi does it? (although if you listened to some of the "fans" at past British GP's you might think so)

Nope, but unfortunately, in F1 people seems to support their country instead of his favourite driver according to his driving style, and that´s sad IMO
I'm not a brit yet I still agree with Quicksilver...
I´m not brit, but it´s that they just yell cause their penalized their very own superbaby.
I don´t yell, cause i watch F1 since 94 and got used to FIA decisions supporting ferraris os schumachers. I could mention a lot of situations this season, when i really expected a penalty, and nothing came...(Most recent Massa/Sutil pit out)

Heikkis penalty was fair and OK, but this one is just ... meh.
I really hate Hamilton for his arrogant style (i hope it rains so that he may make mistakes -> it rained, Kimi spun: "Yes, thats what i was talking about guys, yeah" on team radio)
And i don´t like McLaren how they treat some of their drivers (Alonso, Heidfeld(GP2 - just not british like Hamilton, so he can hook up with Jordan or Prost, we don´t care...)), but this is just a bad joke...
Even a blid can see that
Quote from NitroNitrous :Nope, but unfortunately, in F1 people seems to support their country instead of his favourite driver according to his driving style, and that´s sad IMO

Bull....I support my national football team despite the fact that Scotland's playing style is crap, if I went for style I would be dressed in orange supporting the Dutch smoking something half illegal depending upon the amount I would have in the back pocket.

I felt the penalty was harsh, but I'm no Hamilton fanboy (in fact the total opposite) but I don't think the FIA have gone for the pro-Ferrari choice. I think it's something more sinister than that, and ultimately something which will destroy the sport, they did it for the viewing figures.

The FIA are simply incompetent, if we wanted we could look at every single decision made, and find pro/anti decision's Mclaren and pro/ant Ferrari decision's etc etc. The conspiracy theories are easier to believe because thats what the internet is built on.
Well the number of British posters in this thread is a direct result of what happened to Hamilton, but had it been any other driver the reaction would be the same. In this country we like people who try their best, fight hard and never give up, we also like consistency (hence why we bitch about our weather so much) and we like good sportsmanship and humilty.

Everyone is proud when their fellow countrymen achieve something, but you can't blindly support someone based on what anthem is played when they win a race. The more I see of Hamilton in interviews the more he comes across as an arrogant, socially awkward, geeky virgin. You should have seen the smile on my face when on lap 1 a red blur sailed past him on the outside, Hamilton having previously said in an interview "I'm never going to let someone pass me on the outside again".

Also, they don't call Great Britain the home of motorsport for no reason either, motorsport is our true national sport, not football, so you will see a lot of British motorsport fans on any english speaking forum with sections like "General Racing Talk".

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG