The online racing simulator
Any tips on driving the xrt on a short oval track??
As the title suggests really, i am booked in to race on a server on friday using an xrt, trouble is im having trouble with the tight corners. I either get massive understeer, until the tyres get hot, and then its massive oversteer spinning out like driving on a frozen lake. I have posted the replay and my setup, and i think you should be able to get the layout from my replay. Any ideas or advice would be brilliant as the meeting will be an epic fail for me if i cant get better!
Attached files
xrt.spr - 130 KB - 97 views
XRT_oval RACE_S.set - 132 B - 717 views
Quote from danthebangerboy :trouble is im having trouble with the tight corners. I either get massive understeer, until the tyres get hot,

Having watched the replay, I think you might find it useful to try braking for the corners.

Nothing to do with the setup. You're just entering way too fast, applying way too much lock in an effort to get it to turn, and torturing the tyres in the process.
Hey Dan,

I watched your replay and tried your set. I couldn't get around the oval with your set so I adjusted nearly everything to get it drivable for me. I've attached a replay so you can see how I got around the oval, a 14.8 I think was my best time. Also put my set there for you, but you may need to adjust some settings.

Hope this helps you out.

Btw, I couldn't get the layout from your replay so I just went onto the server and got that 1.
Attached files
XRT_Skidpan Oval.set - 132 B - 983 views
oval.spr - 142.9 KB - 93 views
Hey Dan, I will try your setup later this evening and get back to you with some changes or any help I can give

Edits :

Ok so it would help if we had a copy of the track, as it would be much easier to test setups.

Here's my first try with your car/setup on this track.

Will try another setup, will report back later..

(Will say, make the gear ratios longer, like, normal ish, and fiddle around with the diff.)

Edit again : wth? put road tyres on that rig dammit!
Attached files
Test Drive_AU2_XRT_FINISHED.spr - 173.2 KB - 87 views
Uhm... What went through your mind when you decided to put dirt tyres on it?
I'm guessing the idea is that they warm up faster/give more grip, I don't know?

It's something people used to do along time ago on AutoX tracks, since grip used to be proportional to tire heat. (I think)

That being that a warm Hybrid was more grippy than a cold road. Obviously this is complete crap but hey some people never learn

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG