These Specs Any Good For LFS?
Hewlett-Packard
HP Compaq dx2250 Microtower
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor
3200+
1.79GHz, 896 MB of RAM

Graphics Card :

ATI Radeon Xpress 1150

This is my works computer, just wondering are these specs good for LFS if they are i will buy the same computer as my work has.

If not can anyone suggest a computer for gaming that is good but cheapish. It would only be used for gaming...as i would keep my laptop.

Thanks (in advance)
John
#2 - Jakg

It's pretty crap.

How much do you have to spend?
they will work but your goin have to have low settings... but you'll get used to it
Quote from Jakg :

It's pretty crap.

How much do you have to spend?

Right, Well it is my work one that is all. I have posted my Laptop ones up and have been told they are crap

Erm...well anything up to £700...less, preferably...I may pay more if my mum chips in.

Quote from chavm481 :they will work but your goin have to have low settings... but you'll get used to it

Yea i get low FPS with my laptop, and im so used to it im sick off it! Can't get in a starting grid with more than 5-6 people.

Then i want to join leagues with over 30 people on a grid, yea i need a better computer, lol.
Well I'm playing on a Athlon 64 2800+ with 512mb RAM. Main difference is I have a Radeon 9600 Pro. So it's possible to play if you get a half-decent graphics card - other than race starts, I usually get constant 60fps (because of vsync).

But I don't recommend it, unless you don't really care about high-res textures, high details, AA/AF etc. and don't want to spend (almost) any money. Edit: Oh, keep away from those autox objects as well.
Right ok, So you think this computer would be good with a different Graphics Card? Where and how easy is it too put the Graphics Card into the computer?
Anything up to £700 quid? you would be suprised how much of a good pc you could buy with that if you built it your self. If bought right you could easly run games such as crysis and similar
Quote from lil chris :Anything up to £700 quid? you would be suprised how much of a good pc you could buy with that if you built it your self. If bought right you could easly run games such as crysis and similar

That is something i would love to do but i don't know anything about computers to be able to do it
Here's what I got a few weeks ago, €730, and it runs LFS locked at 100FPS at 1280x1024 full AA/AF on dual screen, with no problems. I haven't tried yet, but I'm fairly sure it'll run Crysis at a fairly good pace if I run it in single screen. Might have to lower it to 8x AA though

Nowadays, when you can pick something like that up for €700, there's no point paying for a pre built, as long as you are capable of following very simple instructions to put it together.. Dell's XPS, which has a lower spec, plus it's a Dell, is selling at well over €1000. I'm having a great time ripping the piss out of a mate who bought a XPS a week before I bought this rig

E - Second Attachment: This is one Dell I would actually want. It may be a little out of my price range though
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
#10 - Jakg
Do you need a monitor?

You could work into PC World (my store at least) with £700 and walk out with a 9800GT and a Q6600 PC with a 500GB HDD and 4 GB of RAM. You could get much better deals on t'interweb, too.

EDIT - If your spending £700 the PC at your work is shit. Sorry.
O/T: When I read the title I thought it meant GLASSES, but no...

Anyway, I'm not gunna contribute, I don't know much.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Here's what I got a few weeks ago, €730, and it runs LFS locked at 100FPS at 1280x1024 full AA/AF on dual screen, with no problems. I haven't tried yet, but I'm fairly sure it'll run Crysis at a fairly good pace if I run it in single screen. Might have to lower it to 8x AA though

Nowadays, when you can pick something like that up for €700, there's no point paying for a pre built, as long as you are capable of following very simple instructions to put it together.. Dell's XPS, which has a lower spec, plus it's a Dell, is selling at well over €1000. I'm having a great time ripping the piss out of a mate who bought a XPS a week before I bought this rig

E - Second Attachment: This is one Dell I would actually want. It may be a little out of my price range though

Ok, Mate if i knew exactly what they all ment i would comment on it

Quote from Jakg :Do you need a monitor?

You could work into PC World (my store at least) with £700 and walk out with a 9800GT and a Q6600 PC with a 500GB HDD and 4 GB of RAM. You could get much better deals on t'interweb, too.

EDIT - If your spending £700 the PC at your work is shit. Sorry.

The work at my computer didn't cost £700.

All im saying is i would buy a computer for £700, i just didn't know if the one at work was worth buying (and i haven't got a clue how much they cost and knowing my work they would have been cheap)

Commenting on you saying i could get the "9800GT and a Q6600 PC with a 500GB HDD and 4 GB of RAM" i mean any chance of being told what they mean so that when i do look for a good computer in what ever position im in, i know what is good and whats not. Also you mentioning PC World, do you have any links of good cheapish computers?
#13 - Jakg
Q6600 =quad core 2.4ghz CPU which is a beast.
9800GT= GFX card again a beast.
As in a screen, i have a laptop i just need something totally different and move over to a DESKTOP Computer . I'm useless with details of computers

Right ok...thanks .
I mean im still living with parents as im just turning 16...planning to move in with my bro soon. So, when i do, i would like to upgarde my computer with things such as that, but just now want a basic but good computer .
Building your own PC is like a lego set for lab rats. The only thing you need to do is have us help you pick the right parts, not handle the parts like a gorilla, and don't try to cut anything down.
Would love the help for that, .

Get back to you all tommorow on this .

These Specs Any Good For LFS?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG