The online racing simulator
Game Crashes
(15 posts, started )
Game Crashes
Searched but to no avail!
Game crashes at random back to desktop.
Only with LFS S2 (Z) and no other games.
All latest drivers installed using a GT8600, amd 4400 x2, 2 gig ram all video settings to high.
Seems to get worse as the night goes on in that every time I restart the game it crashes in a shorter time until I reboot then it is back to luck as to how long it will last.

Your help and assistance will be most welcome.
#2 - J@tko
Quote from Waste Me :
Seems to get worse as the night goes on in that every time I restart the game it crashes in a shorter time until I reboot then it is back to luck as to how long it will last.

Your help and assistance will be most welcome.

Something overheating?
Doesn't sound like overheating, if it was either the whole PC would just lock, you'd get a BSOD, or else t'would reboot/shutdown by itself.

Is it giving an error message (as in, LFS.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close), or just closing? If it's giving an error message, you can pull out the stack trace (it's somewhere near the top of the details part I think) and contact the devs, they're far better equipped to help with a crashing LFS than we are...

Hope that helps you
Fair comment about letting the devs know but I wanted to try the forums first.
It is giving me an error message so i will pass it on just as soon as it reappears.
Have you tried fresh install?
Don't think a fresh install will help as it's an intermittent problem not consistent with the track, skins, number of players or any other item that i can identify.
Any way here is the error log, I hope it means something to someone!

AppName: lfs.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00011e58

Full log is attached.
Attached files
801e_appcompat.txt - 9.2 KB - 193 views
Quote :<MATCHING_FILE NAME="lfs_s205a01\LFScracker.exe" SIZE="53248" CHECKSUM="0x1051D6D4" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="07/27/2005 14:54:33" UPTO_LINK_DATE="07/27/2005 14:54:33" />

Hey?
Thanks for that?

So what does it mean..... only other files added to the lfs directory were the early tweak programs that I can not get to run on "Z".

This file is in a dir named lfs_s205a01 inside the main LFS dir and from it's name I assume that I have a doggy copy of LFS.

What do I do next?
The history of my LFS is easy search for and installed a demo copy went to web site to purchase and got the "Z" patch, installed and paid with no problems.

Is this the reason for the crashes and if so how do I sort it.

OK let me guess fresh install!
I'll do that now then.
Thanks one and all for your time so far I'll reoport back if I am still having the problems.
Remove that lfs_s205a01 folder
Quote : <MATCHING_FILE NAME="lfs_s205a01\LFScracker.exe" SIZE="53248" ...

LOL i think thats the problem and we domo racer would get banned for that :banghead:
No excuse for being gullible but I have removed everything and reinstalled from LFS site and it is still crashing, no error log this time but I will start again and see what happens.

Just tried again and it still crashes again I have attached the error text log, if anyone can seen somthing in it I would be thankful for the help.
Attached files
3483_appcompat.txt - 5.8 KB - 142 views
The file you're attaching does not really help much to trouble-shoot your problem.

Try to find other information from the crash dialog, as mentioned by an earlier poster. Or find an Application Error event in your Application Log. Take a screenshot of that and send it to the devs. You're looking specifically for a "crash address" or "fault address".

Anyway, I wouldn't just yet exclude an overheating problem, or other hardware problem.
Fix Found
OK thanks for all the help to date.
Still don't know why it was crashing to desktop but the work around is to run it under windows compatibility mode "Windows 98".
Hope it helps someone else out in the future.
I think if you have a S2 licence, and need to unlock an older version for Tweak or something to work, a cracker would be allowed... but only for Licenced members.... -_-
#15 - Jakg
If you have an S2 license you can use... other ways to unlock your copy of LFS.

But it's not recommended by the Devs.

EDIT:

Quote from Victor :About you unlocking with a crack - it's up to you really. An unlocked LFS is an unlocked LFS. However you use 3rd party cracking software, which you use at your own risk. If something goes wrong ... you know.

Victor

Game Crashes
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG