The online racing simulator
Clutch on g25
(9 posts, started )
Clutch on g25
Hi!
I have a g25 wheel and it works wonderful, except one little thing (more an annoyance really)

I have noticed that LFS only takes advantage of about 70-80% of the clutch pedal range. in controls, the axis tab shows the full range, but when I assign the clutch to axis 4, the clutch pedal, the pedal gauge shows the clutch fully depressed even though I'm only pressing the pedal about 3/4 down.

Maybe its just me being picky, but it still annoys me. I'd like to take advantage of the full range of the pedal. Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks in advance Smile
mk
It's weird.. I just noticed that it only happens when I enter options from ingame. If i go to options from the main menu, it works perfectly, 100% range.
I took a little screenie to illustrate exactly what I mean.
Any help would be much appreciated. As I said, its not vital, but it is definetly annoying.

mk
Attached images
clutch.jpg
It was added in the last patch as a realism feature. Before that, if you lifted your foot a fraction, the clutch would bite. In the options menu it looks normal, because each car has a different biting point, so you can't see where it bites until you're in a car. AFAIK, there's no way to revert back to the old way. Not that you'd want to, the new way is far more realistic Wink
Ah, that explains it. Thanks a lot for quick answers! Thumbs up
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Before that, if you lifted your foot a fraction, the clutch would bite.

Um... That still happens to me Schwitz
Have you a G25? I'm not sure if it it does it for other wheels, but everyone I've spoken to with a G25 has this. I can see the full axis in the options menu (in the axis list), but in-game all the different cars bite between 10 and 30% of the travel. Shrug
Yes, I haz G25.

The clutch seems to bite at 1/10 of the way from the top, and in the bar in the options menu, it bites at nearer 1/3 of the way from the top. Is that normal?
Not what I have anyway...Recalibrate?

Clutch on g25
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG