The online racing simulator

Poll : OK or BAD in WHEELS VIEW when HAZE EFFECT is switched on?

Closed since :
OK - "Haze effect" YES -> everything is OK in wheels view
DON'T KNOW - can't find the option / don't want to test it
BAD - "Haze effect" YES -> corrupted in wheels view (please give info)
Another PC that seems to be OK...

GF6600GT, 83.90....
Radeon 9700 - no problems
no problems

nvidia 4200ti (not sure of drivers but they were updated less than 6 months ago)

speedfreak227
9700 mobility 64MB
6800GT 256MB

both fine with any drivers so far. Note that I didnt try the latest 6.x drivers for the notebook (9700 mobility)
No problem here too
Ati Radeon 9550 128mb
#56 - SamH
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :thats the thing, it is! if you go down blackwood's back straight in forward config, soon as you can see the 4 tall buildings off in the distance, then stop the car. turn on and off the haze affect and you'll see the 4 buildings change. so yeah the haze is inside the world so to speak, and does disappear as you go down the straight, the buildings arent covered in haze when you get down the other end

IMO scawen has got it almost spot on, certainly for the clear weather setting. i wouldnt want to see it any stronger as it would look a bit unrealistic and remind me of the "fogging" technique some old N64 games would use, where the scenery would appear out of the distant fog

Yep, I see it and I agree. It rarely gets so humid in the UK that the haze would obscure anything much closer. I think it's just about spot on.
no probs.. ati x700 pro 128 mb cat 6.2
Problem is, in the dutch version, it translates the haze as "mist", what actually means fog, so I was expecting fog in the distance, or at least a lot closer than it actually is, that's probably why I never saw a difference.
No problems, tho I drive with haze off -> for not getting my fps lower as it is now
Quote from sgt.flippy :Problem is, in the dutch version, it translates the haze as "mist", what actually means fog,

Isn't it more something like "smog", smoke, CO2 from the cars, when it's sunny you see it also more in distance,... ?
Cause fog is more when it's just rainy, cold, somewhere in the winter term no?!
Quote from GianniC :Isn't it more something like "smog", smoke, CO2 from the cars, when it's sunny you see it also more in distance,... ?
Cause fog is more when it's just rainy, cold, somewhere in the winter term no?!

Yea, I know, I haven't fired up LFS for a few days now (have been playing the new driver), and I can't tell exactly how it's translated. It says: mist, in my opinion that means fog, like in the circumstances you describe. If it's smog... the translation should say "smog" A good translation for haze, could be "waas" or something. Doesn't really matter, now I know what it is, the translation is just confusing. I was expecting something like someone said, like the N64 fog. I would get fog in a distance, that blurrs out the track and objects a bit, but apparently it does that, but very far away so you can't notice all the time.

Little notice, who ever posted about a problem with this haze effect seems to be missing, cause there is still nobody that has problems with it.
No problems here - Radeon 9600, latest ATI drivers.
Quote from Scawen :while I'm coding other things

Grr, stop being so mysterious.

Turns out I always had haze switched off - I don't recall ever changing it myself so LFS presumably automatically turned it off for my card. Switched it on, no problems for me.

The haze effect looks good at Blackwood (as mentioned previously in this thread) with distant objects like the four towers becoming clearer as you get closer. But at places like South City it doesn't look right imho - with haze turned on it makes the distance/horizon look a lot more like a 2D backdrop than with it turned off.

gfx card: GeForce 5900LX (Asus), 78.01 drivers

Quote from GianniC :Isn't it more something like "smog", smoke, CO2 from the cars, when it's sunny you see it also more in distance,... ?

Dunno, I'm no geography expert. But you can certainly have hazy days in the countryside or the coast where it's not pollution. I'm guessing it's something to do with the water vapour content of the air.
Works fine for me.
Radeon 9550 256MB with the latest drivers
Hmm... I wonder why everyone are posting "all ok" and the card they are using. Cant you read?

Quote from Scawen : If you do get the problem, please tell us your graphics card and if you can find out easily, which version of the drivers you are using.

Well, seems nobody has the problem so far, so everybody thought, let's post our graphics cards anyways
Show offs !

But Blackout, in my 1st post, I did it as Scawen asked, didn't I ?
Quote from Blackout :Hmm... I wonder why everyone are posting "all ok" and the card they are using. Cant you read?

It's a geek's way of showing off the size of their "masculine parts"
Weird, I just went along with the rest

*OT: didn't know you had to wait 1 minute between posting*
no problems
7800GT (84.21 WHQL)
no problems
ATI 9600xt (Catalyst 5.9)
#72 - Vain
No problems with 9800 XXL (technically identical with 9800 XT, different cooler and frequencies, is recognized as 9800XT by LFS).

Vain
No problems here, GeForce 6800 GT
Had been switched off over here too, don't know why. Works fine.

Geforce 6600 GT

EDIT: Driver version 77.30
No problem here, 84.21 drivers with a 6600GT.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG